The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Your logic makes no sense.

No one is giving us a 7th to take on his guaranteed money. Lance's chance was this pre-season.

That said, he's staying as we already have to pay his year 4 salary, so no sense in cutting him. You gotta have a 3rd QB and we are already on the hook for his contract.
He’s only owed $800,000 between now and the end of the season. He was paid $4.5 million on the 5th day of training camp.

Eddie

Reaction score
Trey showed what he is today. He's a 4th year player. He's not a rook or even a 2nd year player. Since he's already been paid, may as well keep him on the roster at QB3. No one is trading a dime for him.

He's an unrestricted FA at the end of the season. Let him walk. It's not like Jerrah hasn't wasted 4th round picks before. Just throw this one into the wind.

There's no point hoping that he can play. He can't.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The guy had one good year in college playing for North Dakota State in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, a conference full of JAG's. There's a reason the 49ers bailed.

Trey reportedly scored a 40 on his Wonderlic Test. That's very good! He's probably smarter than 80 percent here, including myself, but I don't think that means he has a high football IQ. Which is what he is lacking.

I was pulling for him for a few reasons. If he did really good with our scrubs playing other team's scrubs, Dak might consider taking a team friendly deal. And maybe get a 2nd round pick in return. I think that's what Jerry was thinking. Plus, he seems like a nice guy. I pull for those types of athlete's way more than ones who are not.

And I know why some here wanted him to succeed. They were propping him up trying to bring another down. They are still hurt that Romo lost his job.

Looks like we're going with 3 QB's. Unless Jerry is peeing on our leg by saying Trey is making the 53. No way he's QB2.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
now, that was a good accurate throw.
He made several good accurate throws (you don't complete 67 percent of your passes without some) and even a deep one that should have been caught in the end zone. Unfortunately, he also made several poor throws that you just can't make, showing that he needs more experience if he's going to develop into even a quality No. 2 QB.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
It means nothing with the 5 picks. If he had 200 yards 2 touchdowns and on interceptions I’m fine with that.

I can’t win in this league throwing 5 interceptions. Just can’t. The objective is to win.
One game. Peyton Manning has thrown 6 interception in a game, Tom Brady has thrown 4 interception in multiple games, Tony Romo has thrown 5 picks in a game. Did those picks define their career?

gimmesix

Reaction score
I said it during the game and I'll say it again. Extend him 2 years, high incentives, low salary, and let him try to win the job. Whether they move on from Dak or not, bring in a high round rookie to compete. Something we should've done years ago.
I would not be opposed to that. He showed ability and he also showed his lack of experience. Might as well let him develop since we paid a fourth for him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Saw a lot of good from Lance, but also a lot of bad. Some of those throws were awful especially the int’s. But his mobility was in elite status. He also had some good throws. A lot of them. But he showed why he’s not ready and needs another year or 2. But good showing and I think some teams might be calling the GM about a trade.
Wow, you included some negative comments about Lance. I thought you didn't like negative comments and were tired of how so much negativity has ruined this forum?

Post in thread 'Trey Lance keeps missing his mark' https://cowboyszone.com/threads/trey-lance-keeps-missing-his-mark.526323/post-13671582

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trey showed what he is today. He's a 4th year player. He's not a rook or even a 2nd year player. Since he's already been paid, may as well keep him on the roster at QB3. No one is trading a dime for him.

He's an unrestricted FA at the end of the season. Let him walk. It's not like Jerrah hasn't wasted 4th round picks before. Just throw this one into the wind.

100%. However, GM Jethro already stated he made the roster. So are we going to then attempt to put our only legit back up on the practice squad? If I was Philly, NY or Washington, I would pick him up just piss off Jerry.

Or are we going to risk losing a position player by keeping all 3 QB's on the roster?

Either way GM Jethro is an idiot. He already waste a 4th, $6.5M over 2 years and now he is going to waste a roster spot, risking us losing a player that may actually play on Sunday's.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One game. Peyton Manning has thrown 6 interception in a game, Tom Brady has thrown 4 interception in multiple games, Tony Romo has thrown 5 picks in a game. Did those picks define their career?
Did they do it in a preseason game? Well I know the answer to that because no one in 30 years has thrown 5 interceptions in a preseason game. I don’t think you know how hard that is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Saw a lot of good from Lance, but also a lot of bad. Some of those throws were awful especially the int’s. But his mobility was in elite status. He also had some good throws. A lot of them. But he showed why he’s not ready and needs another year or 2. But good showing and I think some teams might be calling the GM about a trade.
You don’t have to worry about anyone calling about Lance. No one would take his contract on for a pick. Cowboys would have to throw a pick in for someone to do it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lance would be an excellent QB to tank with, exciting enough to keep things interesting, but not good enough to win.
I'll give you that. Some of the plays he'd make with his legs would be fun to watch. Even some of his throws would probably be amazing because of the power he can put behind his throws. ... Before he missed a receiver for a pick-6 or failed to read the underneath coverage.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hahaha.......you said career.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Since Trey can't play at the pro level, why keep him and use a costly roster spot for him when it can be used for another player of need? Just take the $5 million contract loss and move on with only Dak and Cooper Rush.