The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

Adreme

Reaction score
And the players Trey was playing with aren't?
For actual starters that doesn't matter. We saw that when actual starters played that they simply looked like they outclassed the competition. We have seen over the years when actual starters are put against practice squad players they immediately look like they outclass the competition. If you cant look like you are far better than players who will be working at Home Depot in 2 weeks then maybe you are not better than them.

shabazz

Reaction score
People debating on the pros and cons of Lance are both probably correct.....he gives you both in his games so far.

Kwyn

Reaction score
One game. Peyton Manning has thrown 6 interception in a game, Tom Brady has thrown 4 interception in multiple games, Tony Romo has thrown 5 picks in a game. Did those picks define their career?
If those players had never done anything else, then yeah, those games would have defined their career.

If we want an “athlete” to be the QB, then heck, put Micah in there. I’d actually feel more confident.

Lance’s instincts and his reads are just bad.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
4 years narrative whine. It has not been a true 4 years. Yet we have an 8 year QB hanging around.
After this year, it makes no sense to keep a QB, not on a rookie deal that still needs time to develop basic passing skills. The question is still whether he can even develop into a quality backup, much less a starter and the resources are better spent on a rookie QB in year 1 not on a what will be a still project in year 5.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After this year, it makes no sense to keep a QB, not on a rookie deal that still needs time to develop basic passing skills. The question is still whether he can even develop into a quality backup, much less a starter and the resources are better spent on a rookie QB in year 1 not on a what will be a still project in year 5.
year 5, there is that false narrative again.
All 3 QB's are in the last year of their contracts. We will see what happens.
Either Dak will be signed before the season starts, or will play it out. Remains to be seen yet, and would they draft a QB in 2025 regardless.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Open your eyes. :laugh:
It is there. Some very encouraging things from this game.
seriously? seriously? the kid showed he is not NFL starter material. his ceiling dropped from perhaps a good QB to now at best a good #2.

I don't get the love? Mike White and Danucci showed more, yet!!!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Here’s the problem on Trey Lance right now, it’s clear he can’t play. However, Jerry is sooooo convinced they he’s much smarter than everyone else combined with a super fragile ego that it will be interesting to see if he tries to continue to force Lance onto the roster and into their long term plans just to avoid looking like a bigger donk for wasting the fourth round pick on him.
Jerry got suckered, at what point will he admit it and cut bait? I don’t think it will be soon. We’ll see.
That is the main problem here (well other than the culture). Other teams know when they're playing a losing game. the Cowboys double down and try to make it work...for years sometimes.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He needs to give up playing qb. Move to flex position. Kinda like hill with saints.
We could use him in ways that think outside of the box. Would an asset sitting on the bench be unthinkable? Or do you get him in the game as a decoy or as a legit threat to get yards? McCarthy is on a deadline so it is up to him if he deploys all of his weapons or only some.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
4 years narrative whine. It has not been a true 4 years. Yet we have an 8 year QB hanging around.
This is what kills me. You guys talk about Dak and fair enough he hasn’t had the playoff success we would like.

But Dak issue is his playoff performance.
Trey issue is he can’t play a preseason game.

They are not the same.

He did something that hasn’t been done in 30 years….and you guys see potential? And yes it’s been a true 4 years. He’s in the last year of his deal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s not a lot of good QB’s in the league period.

People want to move on from Dak which is fine. But finding somebody better isn’t going to be easy either.
I wish they would get it through their skulls, that it doesn't matter who they want....we can all whine and pout and none of us will have a say in the matter. Wanting your favorite team to lose because you don't like or believe in a certain player is mind boggling to me..I'm sure my way of thinking is mind boggling to those that want us to lose.