The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it bothers the fans more than the players....I'd lay odds on it
I do think these guys care…..I just don’t know man lol. These guys are athletes and most of them have won their whole lives and get here and have collapses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m wondering that myself.
Exactly I'm just saying this guy is a developmental guy he's very young he's hardly had any snaps as a starting quarterback in his entire life this is the most he's ever played in a row 3 preseason games and I see some good things from him but no he's not challenging for a starting job but why not keep him as an emergency 3 and if we ever need that it's not gonna matter anyway and we'll get to see how he plays with starters why are people having big opinion on this he deserves to be in #3 because who in the NFL has a number three that somehow you think has a shot to ever be a franchise quarterback in this league they are there for that reason developmental quarterback that he's ever called upon you know you're screwed anyway...

You might as well get a guy like Trey Lance if you end up needing a 3rd quarterback in a game or for any long period of time in the season you're screwed you're gonna lose anyway you're gonna get a good draft pick you're gonna be organically tanking while you're giving a guy a shot with the starters..

Anyone who's threatened that this is some kind of threat to Prescott's job we're dumb for thinking it anyway.... they were trying to make a leap because Prescott contract was coming up, an d jerry made this as some kind of notice to Dak and his agent..umm never! .

hes project.. and in my opinion his athleticism his arm strength he has far more upside than any other backups weve had here in while IMHO far more talent than rush for sure., just needs snaps.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So make it worse by not admitting the problem?
The niners traded him for a 4th after giving up 3 1s for him
They did and they waited 3 years to do it. I’m just saying this was never a one year process. It seems like he can’t play to me and I’d put him on PS and if someone poached him oh well. But Cowboys knew he was bad a year ago and still traded go him. A year later shouldn’t change how thy feel.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
This is not about Dak, this is about Trey Lance. It's not a false narrative about year 5, Lance will not be on a rookie deal and should not be back. If Dak gets resigned, then draft a QB to develop, if Dak leaves then still draft a QB and get a backup that can mentor the young QB. Lance doesn't fit the bill next year, I don't want a starting QB on a second contract that is still a project or as a backup that still hasn't learned the basics as a mentor.
It is a false narrative, he has been in the NFL for going on 5 years yes, but he was injured his first 2, and basically red shirted last year.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So make it worse by not admitting the problem?
The niners traded him for a 4th after giving up 3 1s for him
His money is guaranteed for this season and we traded a pick, so the damage is already done. He'll be the 3rd string emergency QB and run the scout team in practice, but in no way do we bring him back next season.

shabazz

Reaction score
I do think these guys care…..I just don’t know man lol. These guys are athletes and most of them have won their whole lives and get here and have collapses.
Yeah, I guess the days of trashing lockerooms after a loss is fleeting

I know damn well though that Charles Haley would have trashed that locker room after the Packers game and pistol whipped his teammates with his member....he's done both before

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess the days of trashing lockerooms after a loss is fleeting

I know damn well though that Charles Haley would have trashed that locker room after the Packers game and pistol whipped his teammates with his member....he's done both before
Yeah they may not care that much lol. I’ll never forget when Romo after a big loss said if this is the worst thing that will happen to me I’m doing alright. So yeah on second thought you might be right. Losing don’t hurt as much when you winning at life.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It is a false narrative, he has been in the NFL for going on 5 years yes, but he was injured his first 2, and basically red shirted last year.
He's had multiple training camps and multiple years of NFL training, he has had the time and means to improve his own skills and mechanics and still performs poorly against guys that have been in an NFL camp for a handful of months. The real false narrative are the excuses used to dismiss his poor performance and lack of basic QB skills.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The bold sounds like an indictment on Jerry and the thought that there isn't any accountability within the organization. Comments frequently made by the players seem to reinforce the belief as well. They don't appear to care if they win or lose, and maybe that's because the team leadership and administration doesn't demand excellence.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His stat line is beautiful imo.

Clear indicator of what he can be if you hone it all in.

Some of the best QBs I’ve ever seen early in their careers would just make jaw dropping plays then complete boneheaded plays after.

If you can’t see that this guy is worth developing then you have no experience watching football.

erod

Reaction score
The final play was far too indicative. He had a guy wide open for the easiest of throws to win the game, and he absolutely air-mailed a duck.

He choked badly. And in my experience, regardless of your field, that can't generally be fixed.

The kid needed at least two more years of college at a much bigger school.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The final play was far too indicative. He had a guy wide open for the easiest of throws to win the game, and he absolutely air-mailed a duck.

He choked badly. And in my experience, regardless of your field, that can't generally be fixed.

He’s 24 and lacks experience. Chill..

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
He's had multiple training camps and multiple years of NFL training, he has had the time and means to improve his own skills and mechanics and still performs poorly against guys that have been in an NFL camp for a handful of months. The real false narrative are the excuses used to dismiss his poor performance and lack of basic QB skills.
Is he ready to be a starter, no, but he has improved every game. The preseason they allow him to pass 47 times in a game, they are evaluating what he can do, a real game play calls will be more conservative. He did some dynamic things yesterday, enough to be optimistic about.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

Wasn't that last throw tipped at the line?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Being totally fair Lance did a lot of good yesterday. Showed he could make some good throws on the move and plays with his feet.

The five picks stand as proof of how inexperienced he still is. If you add up all the games he started in high school, college, and the NFL, it's still a smaller number than the total most rookies enter the NFL with.

No way is Lance ready to be a starter. But I also think it's way too early to give up.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
His stat line is beautiful imo.

Clear indicator of what he can be if you hone it all in.

Some of the best QBs I’ve ever seen early in their careers would just make jaw dropping plays then complete boneheaded plays after.

If you can’t see that this guy is worth developing then you have no experience watching football.
Thank you for saying it. All of this the sky is falling talk is mind boggling to me...

blueblood70

Reaction score
hey it's about snaps real live game snacks not years.. hes only had like 235 passing snaps in college, he's been hurt in the NFL and years isn't a barometers hes 23 and needs a lot of live work. I see potential but not ready to take 2nd team sport yes. But emergency 3rd, YES.. .