The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what kills me. You guys talk about Dak and fair enough he hasn’t had the playoff success we would like.

But Dak issue is his playoff performance.
Trey issue is he can’t play a preseason game.

They are not the same.

He did something that hasn’t been done in 30 years….and you guys see potential? And yes it’s been a true 4 years. He’s in the last year of his deal.
Not a true 4 years actual experience. That is your alls narrative to your agenda. Trey fail over Dallas success.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
year 5, there is that false narrative again.
All 3 QB's are in the last year of their contracts. We will see what happens.
Either Dak will be signed before the season starts, or will play it out. Remains to be seen yet, and would they draft a QB in 2025 regardless.
This is not about Dak, this is about Trey Lance. It's not a false narrative about year 5, Lance will not be on a rookie deal and should not be back. If Dak gets resigned, then draft a QB to develop, if Dak leaves then still draft a QB and get a backup that can mentor the young QB. Lance doesn't fit the bill next year, I don't want a starting QB on a second contract that is still a project or as a backup that still hasn't learned the basics as a mentor.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I did not say he was ready to be a starter. But one could see why the potential is there.
again. what potential? I don't see it. he is lost out there. he is not very accurate. and in year 4. 4 years of film watching and practices still can't read a defense presnap.

oh, you like his running ability? then draft a RB. don't make your QB into a RB to cover your lack of RBs on the team.
he can throw hard? so did Jamarcus Russel, Akili Smith and about 200 other QBs with strong arms.

he is nothing but a teaser. its painfully obvious he was over drafted. I mean it was a COLOSSOL mistake...COLOSSAL and in year 4, lance followers are just coming up with one excuse after another, just because they hate Dak. I get it. you don't like Dak. I think its time to move on from him as well, but this kid is not the answer. like I said if he was a 6th round pick, no one would remember his name any more.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not a true 4 years actual experience. That is your alls narrative to your agenda. Trey fail over Dallas success.
there are actual rookie QBs, who have not played a single real game in NFL who have done more with less in preseason.
now you are arguing, he hasn't had 4 years of experience....FOUR!!!!! that's your argument!!!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I did not say he was ready to be a starter. But one could see why the potential is there.
How long do we wait on a project like Trey? That's why some are so scared to move off of Dak because Jerry has a habit of going after projects instead of starters that can help us right away.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
actually, its Trey over Dallas...because obviously you just want to support trey regardless of anything else.

YEAR4...and you are complaining he hasn't had experience. Love Sat behind Rodgers for 4 years. Rodgers was behind Favre. and I can name 10s of others who sat, watched and learned and performed. yet here we are.....he needs another 4 years and a ton of experience just so that somebody can determine if, he may actually turn out to be nothing but a good QB (elite is not possible).

time to move on. accept the fact, Lance is nothing but at best a good back up QB in this league....and he is not worth the time and investment if you are serious about making a superbowl run.

before you say neither is Dak (expected typical answer for Daksessed people), its time to look else where.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it's possible to throw 5 interceptions and win the starting job I think Trey Lance pulled it off yesterday.
WlEh5cs.png
It is a possibility but never while I am paying someone else $55 million. hyuk yuk yuk yuk yuk! Go Cowboys!

HungryLion

Reaction score
I wish they would get it through their skulls, that it doesn't matter who they want....we can all whine and pout and none of us will have a say in the matter. Wanting your favorite team to lose because you don't like or believe in a certain player is mind boggling to me..I'm sure my way of thinking is mind boggling to those that want us to lose.
Well I agree with you there.

I don’t anticipate the cowboys to win a championship this year and I am ready to move on from Dak to something new.

That being said I’ll still be rooting every week for them to win and prove me wrong.

blueblood70

Reaction score
iI'm not I like what I saw from the guy he's still developmental nothing wrong with being on this team as the third string quarterback because if we end up needing a third string emergency quarterback there's no need to panic let the guy get real snaps I mean where's doomed anyway hell if Prescott hurt for more than five or six games this year we're doomed anyway cause Cooper rush isn't getting it done either most people's backups are not getting it done so you might as well lose big while you're getting a player like Lance time to get much more snaps the kid is 23 years old he's hardly even played in preseason games I think he only played under 250 snaps in college he's been hurt and he hasn't even got much time in the preseason this is the most time he's ever log in a row and any one season even in preseason and I like what I see out of the guy but yes he's still raw he still needs work but I'm not ready to give up on him that's my take he's the third quarterback that's it there's nothing to argue about he belongs on the team as a developmental quarterback because of what I said in my first line we are doomed anyway how many teams have a third string quarterback that somehow is going to be a number one franchise quarterback for their team that's sitting there right now hell I see a lot of backups in this league that are not starters they can't be starters so what's the point anyway?

There are very few teams in this league that have ever had a backup that was a Plan B that was ready to step in for their starter they barely can find starters the bottom 16 teams in the league have spent decades looking for a guy like Prescott..

That is my perspective that is why I think we should give this kid a chance because it's not gonna matter anyway if you end up needing your third straight quarterback let him get time let us get a better draft pick because we're gonna lose games but we're gonna lose them seeing him playing with the starters... It'd be much easier to see this guys development when he's on a actual team full of starters actually good starters just like we've seen Cooper rush make a few good plays here and there and no nothing great no he's not that good he's overrated as well but we got to see him play with the number ones and I like to see Trey Lance play with the number ones if we're in an emergency situation and we could have a better conversation but in my opinion I think he's worth keeping because he's 23 you didn't realize that he's as young as some of the draft picks that just got drafted this year the quarterbacks...

visionary

Reaction score
I don’t agree with cutting him a year after trading for him. If they liked him a year ago they should like him now because he’s the exact same guy they traded for.
So make it worse by not admitting the problem?
The niners traded him for a 4th after giving up 3 1s for him