The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I do think these guys care…..I just don’t know man lol. These guys are athletes and most of them have won their whole lives and get here and have collapses.
The money has gotten too big for many. When you acquire generational wealth while young it can rob a person of further ambition. You've already won the game of Life.

Add in the atmosphere around the Cowboys, and you have the recipe for this kind of thing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thank you for saying it. All of this the sky is falling talk is mind boggling to me...
Everyone here talking in absolutes is so football dumb.

Romo made the most idiotic mistakes I’ve ever seen for years in the pre-season until eventually they coached a lot of that out of him and brought out the good.

These wild stallion QBs are the best if you can get it under control and the kid is clearly a super talent so to say you saw something yesterday that indicates his career being done is just absolutely moronic.

erod

Reaction score
He’s 24 and lacks experience. Chill..
Exactly. He doesn't just lack NFL experience. He lacks football experience.

Name a single quarterback who basically never played football who ended up being a good NFL quarterback.

This is like asking a smart high school kid to pick up brain surgery without going to med school.

But they can keep him around. Doesn't hurt anything. Most QBs suck anyway.

Nav22

Reaction score
Those Campo years wasn't just the QB. It was a pathetic roster until Bill Parcels focused in building the defense and offensive line. Dallas never took looking for a QB seriously, their approach was to look for baseball talent like Hanson and Hutchinson than drafting a real QB. Quincy was the only QB that was drafted higher than a 4th.
Cool.

Jerry wanted Paxton Lynch in the 1st round the year we drafted Dak, remember?

Trey Lance was a #3 overall pick.

The draft is a total crapshoot and odds are the QB you take will never be as good as Dak is, especially when it's not a #1 overall pick.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Romo made the most idiotic mistakes I’ve ever seen for years in the pre-season until eventually they coached a lot of that out of him and brought out the good.

These wild stallion QBs are the best if you can get it under control and the kid is clearly a super talent so to say you saw something yesterday that indicates his career being done is just absolutely moronic.
Romo never won anything that mattered so it would have been better off had Parcells cut him. We wouldn't then have wasted so many years "hanging around the rim" just like we are doing right now.

Retro88

Reaction score
Relax and give him some time. I have no doubt that around the time he turns 35 he'll be a decent backup

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Exactly. He doesn't just lack NFL experience. He lacks football experience.

Name a single quarterback who basically never played football who ended up being a good NFL quarterback.

This is like asking a smart high school kid to pick up brain surgery without going to med school.

But they can keep him around. Doesn't hurt anything. Most QBs suck anyway.

He’s young and he’s getting experience.

Hes 4-4 as a NFL starter and he’s only going to get better.

Some of you have lost all football sense over a preseason game.

Nav22

Reaction score

LOL! Lance is in year 4.

Romo took over as the starter in year 4 and balled out.

No chance Lance would do the same if he got to play meaningful games this year. You're football dumb if you disagree.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo never won anything that mattered so it would have been better off had Parcells cut him. We wouldn't then have wasted so many years "hanging around the rim" just like we are doing right now.
If that’s what you took away you shouldn’t ever discuss football.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Lance hasn't led the NFL in interceptions like Dak has, but let's call it a good start.

Retro88

Reaction score
Wow....that might be the single worst sports take ever

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL! Lance is in year 4.

Romo took over as the starter in year 4 and balled out.

No chance Lance would do the same if he got to play meaningful games this year. You're football dumb if you disagree.
“Year 4”

Again with the absolutes.

Like he hasnt been hurt or learning a new system for most of that.

He lacks experience. Duh.. Use your brain people.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
hey it's about snaps real live game snacks not years.. hes only had like 235 passing snaps in college, he's been hurt in the NFL and years isn't a barometers hes 23 and needs a lot of live work. I see potential but not ready to take 2nd team sport yes. But emergency 3rd, YES.. .
His rookie contract is done after this season and he's still too raw to be worth signing after this season, he needs live reps, but not here. Let him get them in the UFL, CFL whatever, but I'm not interested in a project QB on a second contract. I would rather draft a QB on a rookie deal that is younger and has better fundamentals to work with and develop.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cool.

Jerry wanted Paxton Lynch in the 1st round the year we drafted Dak, remember?

Trey Lance was a #3 overall pick.

The draft is a total crapshoot and odds are the QB you take will never be as good as Dak is, especially when it's not a #1 overall pick.
Then draft another.

Stop being scared to draft QBs.

It’s easier than ever to find QBs. We found Dak in round 4. It’s not some daunting task now days.

erod

Reaction score
He’s young and he’s getting experience.

Hes 4-4 as a NFL starter and he’s only going to get better.

Some of you have lost all football sense over a preseason game.
I don't care about the interceptions or the results. I just watch him play.

He's wildly inaccurate and he's a one- read guy. He's actually much like Dak, only worse. However, he can run like the wind for sure.

Guys don't figure out football in the NFL. The good ones come in with a basic understanding of the passing game, and they learn to do it faster and at a greater understanding that this level requires.

To put that in context, Romo came until the league at about a 5 in that regard on a scale of 1-10. Burrow or Mahomes were about an 8. Dak was a 2, and Lance was at 0.

It's too long of a leap.

Retro88

Reaction score
Everyone knows there is no such thing as "absolutes" but that's not a defense, lol. It's way more likely that's he out of the league in 3 years then starting somewhere

blueblood70

Reaction score
His rookie contract is done after this season and he's still too raw to be worth signing after this season, he needs live reps, but not here. Let him get them in the UFL, CFL whatever, but I'm not interested in a project QB on a second contract. I would rather draft a QB on a rookie deal that is younger and has better fundamentals to work with and develop.
you're trying to tell me they can't get lance back here under a cheap contract? you can get guys to sign cheaper deals when they know they cant demand more.. good thing you're not a GM who cares .... not i see some potential in this guy has a strong arm, can run avoid pressure, , and i saw enough throws to see hes improving , yes made soem mistakes with the INTs but at this point hes good 3..sorry but im not changig my mind off your eval.

do you think the league is full of these superstars that the third quarterback. LMAO no that perfect spot fopr a developmental guy if team gets hit hard with injury and needs the 3rd , umm who cares who that is that when you can see the third get live snaps with the 1st team..a true eval...
in my opinion he's better than Greer, DeNucci ,or white a lot more upside than rush BUT NOT READY YET..

took Geno along time to become a starter and not great but manageable.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Romo would have won more if Parcells would have been his coach longer, he kept him humble.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't care about the interceptions or the results. I just watch him play.

He's wildly inaccurate and he's a one- read guy. He's actually much like Dak, only worse. However, he can run like the wind for sure.

Guys don't figure out football in the NFL. The good ones come in with a basic understanding of the passing game, and they learn to do it faster and at a greater understanding that this level requires.

To put that in context, Romo came until the league at about a 5 in that regard on a scale of 1-10. Burrow or Mahomes were about an 8. Dak was a 2, and Lance was at 0.

It's too long of a leap.

I completely disagree that the good ones don’t figure out football in the NFL but hey I’m not going to argue over this with you cause it’s a lost cause.

I just know the player you see today won’t be the same player you see in a year or 2 and he’s only 24.