The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Replace him with who, though, Trey Lance? He's a spare who will have us getting top 10 picks every year. If that's your plan, then sure, tank and bottom out. I keep hearing "it can't get any worse", it absolutely can. Much worse. Dallas has won 12 games three years in a row. Yes, Dak has hit his ceiling in the playoffs most likely, the same as Romo did. Neither were on this roster to ever be the full time starter, but circumstances made it such.

Replacing Dak just for the sake of replacement isn't some winning gameplan. I guess it will appease the people who want him gone but if his replacment is currently on this roster, that won't be a good thing.

Dak is pretty much the AFC version of Josh Allen. Both seemed to have hit a ceiling they can't get past. But both are good enough to where the team will never be bad with them there. And neither are even close to the worst you can do in this league as a starter.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
On horrible franchises…. Rush is a practice QB, but he’s 5-1 with this team. If anything, Dak has been incredibly lucky to walk into this situation.
I wouldn't call the patriots, steelers, titans, broncos, or even the giants horrible franchises

Kingofholland

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
He has to find a quarterback who can make the Cowboys better.
I understand the lack of confidence in Dak with recent playoff results, but there are only a handful of QBs anyone could realistically feel confident in. Since those guys are probably not on the table, replacing Dak alone doesn't really help.

Since its unlikely Dak isn't going anywhere in the near term we should focus on what else would restore confidence. Addressing the trenches on both sides, LB, and RB would go a long way in rebuilding confidence for the upcoming season for me.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
Could you not fit this take in any of the other 30 posts on this forum, bashing Jerry and Dak?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Might not like him but he is our best option the next few years. Just live with it and then in 2026 draft Arch Manning when he comes out.
What is this love for a backup QB at UT?
What has he shown you?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Fans were calling for Garrett to be fired about 5 years before he was.

However lets back up. When the list of top QBs comes out in a few months, made by coaches GMs and scouts, Dak will almost certainly once again be in the top 10. I would expect to see him around 6-8. This means you think there are only 5-7 QBs who are not "in training" which I guess if you think you can get one of them by all means but I somehow doubt they are on the trade market.
Dak is in the 8-12 range during the season, a lot of that helped by the #1 TO defense for multiple years, and feasting on bad Giants and Commanders teams while only facing a more competitive Eagles teams for some years in the division. In the playoffs, he just becomes average and sometimes even worse than that.

jujoboys

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
lol. Jerry cutting Dak actually gives me less hope then more hope because I don't trust Jerry to find the next QB. We are talking about a guy that Stephen and Will McClay had to plead with to not draft Johnny Manziel and then a guy that tried to draft Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook the year Dak fell into our lap in the 4th round. How many good QBs has Jerry found since Jimmy left his side? Sean Payton found Tony Romo for us.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that was just 27 to nothing, wait until GB takes out their starters, dak will get them then.
lmao.
I was watching the game with an eagles fan and as soon as Detroit went up 48-16, I turned to him and said “It’s Dak time!” Watch him pile on stats. …….. by the end of the game he thought I was a prophet. I just said “ nope, been watching this guy for 8 years and he loves garbage time!”

bigE79

Reaction score
this is not a sports team, this is an entertainment business. Once people realise this they will have more fun making fun of the crap.
Actually it's a marketing business that plays football on the side...it only offers entertainment against non playoff teams and the NFC least.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only thing Jethro can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to jump out of his office window.

pitt33

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys will not win a championship with Dak Prescott at quarterback.

It’s just fact.

Bookmark it if you will.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah, how dare Dak not stop the run......wait, he's a QB? But I thought he was supposed to tackle? Well, anyway

675ae251199e2315b47492cdc85e128f.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yep, pretty much the truth of today's Cowboys.
How the heck is he going to parade out the same old Dakchoka is a sales job that even Jerry can't accomplish.
They are mopping floors with his Jersey and Social Media is just like these forums Anti-Dak.
Hey, he's had his chances plenty in fact, and if you think about it with quality rosters, and has done squat.
Let's see what happens.........we can only hope Jerry will do the right thing here.
Dakchoka.
:confused:
:)
:D:laugh::lmao:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah, how dare Dak not stop the run......wait, he's a QB? But I thought he was supposed to tackle? Well, anyway

675ae251199e2315b47492cdc85e128f.gif
And Fat Mac can't cover TEs. And Dan Quinn didn't throw all those horrific Pick 6s.
Those analogies/comparisons are as old as Dyan Cannon.
Blimey! The homers will grasp at anything to gaslight and misdirect.
Get new material, me lovable and fav fur boy.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
"Everyone knows it"???

I hate to burst your bubble bro, but Jerry doesnt sound like he is moving on from Dak in 2024.

Even if an extension cannot be worked out, Dak is still going to play the year out on the last year of his contract.

Adreme

Reaction score
Dak is in the 8-12 range during the season, a lot of that helped by the #1 TO defense for multiple years, and feasting on bad Giants and Commanders teams while only facing a more competitive Eagles teams for some years in the division. In the playoffs, he just becomes average and sometimes even worse than that.
Again when the people who are paid to study these players and how to beat them make their list Dak is going to be probably around 6-8. Meanwhile I find it amazing that the defense put up a performance that no team in playoff history has won with and we are talking about the top 10 QB instead of fixing that. This playoffs Dak had one bad half and one good half. The kicker here is that every single QB you would take over Dak who was in the playoffs this year also had a bad half (in some cases multiple). The difference is that their defenses did not put up one of the worst performances in recent playoff history and certainly did not put up a performance that no team in playoff history has ever won with.

Adreme

Reaction score
By what metric? Gross stats?

How about WPA against winning teams? Is Dak top 10 for that stat? I doubt it.
By the analysis of GMs, scouts, and coaches, who spend hours and hours pouring over film of all these players and how to gameplan against them, as well as it being their literal job to assess their value come FA. So when the experts in the field put out their list once again Dak will be top 10 because they have studied and seen it.

Unrelated while I am not a fan of stats that are just a compilation of other stats, Dak was 3rd in that stat overall. I could not find a metric to separate opponents based on record but considering that the Rams, Eagles, Seahawks, were all winning teams who got blown out I would suspect that metric holds.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
oh for Cowboys sake, bleep bleep bleep.

same stupid arguments and the "you know its" when everyone is thinking higher.

no, its not just Dak, we re going to screw up the FA, we screwed up the coaching and we ll screw up the draft, all of those become isssues before your QB becomes a problem.

So tap it WAY back and watch teh system work its magic yet again.

Stupid thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.