The only thing Jerry can do to restore confidence in the Cowboys is to replace Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing6

Reaction score
And everyone knows it.
No matter what he says or does, no matter who he signs, fans know that the quarterback position is a problem that will not be fixed until the Cowboys move on from Dak.
He's hit his ceiling, and it's clear that he does fine as long as the Cowboys are whipping weaker teams. But not even the most die-hard Dak supporters can really believe that Dak can make the Cowboys better when they need him to be the reason they take the next step.
If Jerry expects to sell hope to the fans for 2024, he has to make the move that everyone else knows must happen:
He has to find a quarterback who can make the Cowboys better.
Please explain the jersey sales if everyone knows it?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
how dare the defense stay on the field all game? They should have at least let the offense go 3 and out like every down until the Packers put in their second string.

Chasing6

Reaction score
how dare the defense stay on the field all game? They should have at least let the offense go 3 and out like every down until the Packers put in their second string.
They did 1 time. It was 3 plays and a TD.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
"And everyone knows it"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Here's what Troy Aikman said about Dak today:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

Gee, who to believe.... legendary NFL quarterback or pear-shaped dolts on a message board?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Curious how many times you will be posting that same quote.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And Fat Mac can't cover TEs. And Dan Quinn didn't throw all those horrific Pick 6s.
Those analogies/comparisons are as old as Dyan Cannon.
Blimey! The homers will grasp at anything to gaslight and misdirect.
Get new material, me lovable and fav fur boy.

The point was more to point out that it was a team collapse. Yes, Dak didn't play well, but tbf, nobody did.

Cmac

Reaction score
And then what.....Cousins? Lance? A new Fall Guy?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jerry needs to retire or sell the team. No QB can fix them.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It starts with fundamental coaching changes, let's hope that Zimmer comes in here and sits down frequently with Jimmy in the house.
Thats the relationship that I want to see to possibly change this culture, if that's all that happens then Zimmer was a smart hire.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Until he sells the team, nothing will restore my confidence in the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl. If they manage to get one, the last 28 years says it will be a case of getting lucky.
Keep in mind this team was "burned out" on football in the first round of the playoffs.
Seems they don't care about post season play. Just want to be called Cowboys, get their paycheck and have a longer offseason.
Its the culture Jerrah creates with his circus atmosphere.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This is why the saying is for GMs, "if you listen to the fans then soon you will be sitting with them". As far as QBs who can make the Cowboys better, considering that among GMs coaches, and scouts (you know the professionals who study players and how to beat/value them for a living), Dak is a top 10 QB, you are probably looking at maybe 7-8 who are not a downgrade. I am also somewhat sure that the other teams with their top 10 guys are not going to be moving off of them anytime soon. That basically leaves you with the option of downgrading and there are not exactly a lot of teams that have gotten better after getting worse at QB.
"Top 10" is an unprovable, stale and most importantly USELESS TALKING POINT. Talking head points don't count when you have real goals.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Munch on this and as Spock said in Star Trek 3 ...............Always Remember!

What I remember MOST about this play is that I had already assumed Dak was going to throw a pick on this drive and told my boy about it. So because I wasn't shocked I was able to focus in on Dak:

HE NEVER MOVED TO CHASE THE INTERCEPTOR. In that moment...he was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.