The options at #4 decline by one more: Myles Jack's medical report

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I never consider Jack a 1st round pick for the Cowboys anyway. The limited option to choose from remain the same as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up trading down and still getting one of the limited options I consider worthy of the pick.

jday

Reaction score
The visits are part of the preparation and evaluation process.

Why does that confuse youu exactly?

No confusion on my part. But to suggest that the Cowboys are absolutely not going to take a player that they have had in for a visit suggest one of two things: Either you will be in the war room on draft day or you are full of ...well you get the idea.

jday

Reaction score
This is a horrible comparison. Ezekiel Elliot is not Randy Moss, both off the field (which is the reason we passed on him) and on the field. He may be a great RB, he may be a HOF RB, but he will not impact opposing defenses the way Randy Moss did

Agreed...but I brought up that particular instance to highlight the type of mistake I think the Cowboys would be making today. I was in no way trying to compare the two players in question.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No confusion on my part. But to suggest that the Cowboys are absolutely not going to take a player that they have had in for a visit suggest one of two things: Either you will be in the war room on draft day or you are full of ...well you get the idea.

Since this is a future event there is no perfect knowledge.

But the collation of information available.... Zeke is unlikely.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Nothing will surprise me in this draft. I guess that's the beauty of picking so high and having so many wild cards in this draft.

I feel like we got shafted being the top 5 this year tbh. No QBs (after letting STL hop us), No pure pass rushers, no lock down corners/top safeties, no Top WRs, etc. Bosa (Greg Ellis type of impact maybe) or Ramsey is not nearly as exciting as many thought a top 5 pick would be worth in terms of helping the team initially or in a rebuild situation. Pretty meh tbh...Ramsey is an athletic player and could be a Peterson type of impact down the line, but not in stone, etc. (hopefully @ S) or trade down is where I'm at if there are no takers.

Last edited:

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
And, why are you posting on the zone?
Take a breather and enjoy the fresh air.

Didn't know the zone was running out of room to reply. What I meant was none of the top 10 players aside from Tunsil have no cons or big detractors, and we don't need him. Zeke has minimal cons as well, but I can understand the hesitance in drafting a rb that high. Everyone else has just as many people who'd hate the pick as love it

coult44

Reaction score
Since this is a future event there is no perfect knowledge.

But the collation of information available.... Zeke is unlikely.

Agreed. That's why we choose QB of one of two are still there. JJ, Stephen, and everyone else said the number one goal of the offseason was to address the backup QB position. That still hasn't happened. If Goff or Wentz is there when we pick, we take him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I was going to say word is the offensive coaches love Zeke and will pound the table for him on draft day.

Does not mean it will happen but never say never!
I think Jerrah will do anything to ensure Romo can win if he returns and is effective and to lessen the pressure on Tony.

I think Elliott will be the pick and then defense for the rest of the draft.

I have been for that and a QB for backup which still could happen if somebody they want drops to late 1st rd.

Trade our 2nd rd. pick AND take the QB.

If the offense falls apart like last year again..

a DL or CB is not going to change the W-L column.

I think you add to the offense and do not spread yourself too thin with defensive picks that are going to take 2-3 years to contribute.

This team..the way it is designed..doesn't have that sort of time.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Zeke is likely not an option at 4.

IMO, if QB isn't an option at 4 and Ramsey is off the board, they are going to take Bosa.

And I'll cry. He won't make an impact. Fact!

There I go with facts again. :D

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I think Jerrah will do anything to ensure Romo can win if he returns and is effective and to lessen the pressure on Tony.

I think Elliott will be the pick and then defense for the rest of the draft.

I have been for that and a QB for backup which still could happen if somebody they want drops to late 1st rd.

Trade our 2nd rd. pick AND take the QB.

If the offense falls apart like last year again..

a DL or CB is not going to change the W-L column.

I think you add to the offense and do not spread yourself too thin with defensive picks that are going to take 2-3 years to contribute.

This team..the way it is designed..doesn't have that sort of time.

Well said.

Bump!

conner01

Reaction score
Zeke is likely not an option at 4.

IMO, if QB isn't an option at 4 and Ramsey is off the board, they are going to take Bosa.

Or trade. If Ramsey and the qb's are gone then tunsil has to be there and that makes trading down a realistic option
If tunsil and both QB gone then Ramsey is likely the pick

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Its Ramsey, QB, or trade down... I dont know if we can justify anyone else and I think there is better value a bit later

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Watch us spend three months talking about Zeke, Bosa, the QBs and Ramsey only to see the Cowboys pick Hargreaves

fortdick

Reaction score
Zeke is in our plan at #4.. McFadden is on his last year and Morris has 2 years on his contract, seriously you want McFadden (a castoff) and Morris (a castoff) running behind this great OL for 2 years. We certainly are not using our OL to it's full potential and to think any RB can run behind this line is seriously delusional. It will be a sad year if we go into the season we those two RBs as are starter and backup.

I watched every game last season as most here probably did and our running game was horrible. McFadden according to my eye test might of had 1 good game last year. Zeke helps the defense by running hard getting tough yards, he can block like no other back in the draft (which certainly will help Romo) and Zeke is a 3 down back that we can have in our backfield for the next 8-10 years...

Zeke at #4, please Jerry don't get cute just get our RB now.

DNC had a Murray style year once he became the starter. I am thinking either he is a little more than a cast off, or anyone CAN run behind this line. I do not see RB as our biggest need or worth the #4 pick. Zeke might get 10-20 yards more a game than DNC, and that is not worth the cost. There are three positions worth that pick in this draft: QB, DE or LT. That means Wentz, Bosa or Tunsil. Tunsil gets us 20 yards on the ground and 50-60 yards in the air at RT, and the insurance of a solid back up for Smith. Bosa gets us 6-8 sacks and Wentz gets us a back up for two to three years You can substitute Goff for Wentz if you like, but to me the production value is Tunsil. Our offense would be unstoppable, especially if we get some to play WR opposite Wingnut.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yethurr!

EE is the closest thing to Emmitt. If Jerry, Stephen, and walkie-talkie Jerry Jr. want a SB in the next couple years, Zeke is the kid that can help bring that sixth Lombardi home. Just saying.

I think he makes everybody forget Murray.

And DMac and Albert.

He makes the OL much better and the defense much better.

He keeps Romo upright and Garrett keeps his job.

And Jerrah becomes brilliant again.

None of that happens with anybody else.

plymkr

Reaction score
Zeke is in there at those options too.

I never considered Jack, especially after the news about his injury.
No trade ups, but a trade down to 7th is fine.

I'd be happy with that. Trade down to 7, pick up Elliot and some more picks and then go heavy defense the next couple rounds. That'd be sweet.