The options at #4 decline by one more: Myles Jack's medical report

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think people are really fooling themselves if they think anyone but Ramsey will be the pick. I guess there's a chance that someone takes him before we pick, but everything that has come out has indicated that he's near the top of our board. I don't see why, but there's too much smoke to ignore.

Ramsey likely goes at R1-3. Thinking trade down and Lawson as our new SDE. But there are a ton of players they could pick so that's not a prediction or even a wish. Just a possibility I like.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ramsey likely goes at R1-3. Thinking trade down and Lawson as our new SDE. But there are a ton of players they could pick so that's not a prediction or even a wish. Just a possibility I like.

Only way Ramsey goes #3 is if Tunsil goes #2, which is possible. But that will be the biggest tease ever, because it means one of the QBs is on the board.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Half the guys in the league have meniscus issues. Probably why several of the teams evaluated him as being just fine

Not to the point to where it causes constant inflammation and swelling. Bone on bone and the like.

The problem is you cannot repair it well.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
It cracks me up that Elliot fans just don't want to hear that he's not really in the plans for Dallas at 4. Literally the only people ever mentioning it at this point are fans who want it to happen, but everything the team has done at RB the last two years points in a different direction and they just won't have any of it.

And I'm not saying it to be critical. It literally cracks me up that it happens in every thread that the OP will list the practical list of likely targets and someone will come up within 5 posts or to and say 'don't forget Zeke!' and we all go 'yeah, yeah, and Zeke' and then keep talking.

Now watch, we'll end up taking Zeke.

I wouldn't be so sure. Fresh legs, rookie contract, there is a lot to like. I think his stock has gone way up since the Rams' move. I think the Rams knew Cleveland wanted Goff and has no interest in Wentz. So Goff #1 and Wentz drops. And I'll bet Cleveland has real trouble moving out of #2 even though they'd like to. They may take less value to do so. I think Elliot is the surprise play here, as high as #2 to a team like the Eagles, who may be worried about us. Possibly to us at 4. He's one of the few skill position players that really stands out and he will go top 5 because of it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be so sure. Fresh legs, rookie contract, there is a lot to like. I think his stock has gone way up since the Rams' move. I think the Rams knew Cleveland wanted Goff and has no interest in Wentz. So Goff #1 and Wentz drops. And I'll bet Cleveland has real trouble moving out of #2 even though they'd like to. They may take less value to do so. I think Elliot is the surprise play here, as high as #2 to a team like the Eagles, who may be worried about us. Possibly to us at 4. He's one of the few skill position players that really stands out and he will go top 5 because of it.

Or maybe the Rams traded up to put him in the backfield with Gurley.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Only way Ramsey goes #3 is if Tunsil goes #2, which is possible. But that will be the biggest tease ever, because it means one of the QBs is on the board.

More like probable. Wentz will be there at 4 but we won't take him. I pray there is some team stupid enough to give up a lot to get this guy at 4. If we get extra picks and somehow still land Elliot, we are BIG draft day winners.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's still a guessing game but I think from the looks of things that there's a strong likelihood that both Wentz and Goff are gone following round 2.

Also think for round 3, that San Diego will choose Tunsil to serve as protection for Rivers. That would leave Ramsey as the Cowboys' pick at #4.

visionary

Reaction score
Myles Jack should never have been an option at 4

Maybe this will save jerry (and of course the great team builders McClay and Garrett) from their stupidity

chicago JK

Reaction score
It is too bad if Jack injury is worrisome. I think he is a top 4-5 pick if healthy. I think both him and Jaylen smith are top 5 players if healthy. If you doctor has some concerns about Jack though, you need to pass on him at 4.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Teams are trying to blow smoke so that he drops. Maybe we can get some police department to bring him in for questioning so we can sign him after the draft. Wouldn't mind using a 4th on Smith either. 2 years from now we are golden. Or looking for a new medical team. Roll the dice Jerry. You know you want to.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Zeke is in there at those options too.

I never considered Jack, especially after the news about his injury.
No trade ups, but a trade down to 7th is fine.

I am right there with you, Jazzcat. I never considered Jack a possibility.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Looks like the medical reports on Jack at the medicals on Thursday were not all that good according to
Dane Brugler on DC.com draft show. He may go in the first but, not likely that high and by the Cowboys.

We're down to Ramsey, Tunsil, or Bosa with the option to trade up for possible QB.

or trade down to 6/7 and pick up Elliott. I think if Ramsey is there the Ravens would make that trade.

LittleD

Reaction score
or trade down to 6/7 and pick up Elliott. I think if Ramsey is there the Ravens would make that trade.

I don't mind the trade down for Zeke but, we would be gambling that Philthy would trade in front of us at some point to deny us any joy!

pgreptom

Reaction score
I would just trade down. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of picking at #4.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I don't mind the trade down for Zeke but, we would be gambling that Philthy would trade in front of us at some point to deny us any joy!

True, however if they (Eagles) trade up to #2 it it will be for a QB. I doubt the Chargers trade away their chance at protecting River's blind side.
I can see the Eagles trading to #5 to draft Elliott if we trade out of the #4 spot.

LittleD

Reaction score
True, however if they (Eagles) trade up to #2 it it will be for a QB. I doubt the Chargers trade away their chance at protecting River's blind side.
I can see the Eagles trading to #5 to draft Elliott if we trade out of the #4 spot.

No one knows for sure about these things but, Zeke said that no team had paid more attention and spent more time with him than Philthy.