The Penn State Aftermath Thread *Penalty Post #403*

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4629198 said:
What's hypocricital are people who act like they are enraged by the entire situation, yet only talk about one man, a man who is dead and buried, while they never seem nearly as upset at the others involved, even those a couple of those who committed just as much, if not more wrong.. are still being paid 6 figures to take a long vacation BY THE UNIVERSITY..and you don't hear a peep about it.

You can sit here and claim all you want that people ARE in fact enraged just as much at these individuals, and blah blah blah.. but the fact is Curley and Spanier arn't talked about hardly at all. We could both go back and look at the posts and we'd see exactly that. There may be a comment here and there about Curley and a comment here and there about Spanier, but in all the threads, well over a couple thousand posts on the subject, there is NOWHERE NEAR the amount of anger and resentment for these men as there is for the man the media chose to blame for the whole damn thing.

I get it, Joe Paterno was wrong. I've said this more times than i should have had to. He absolutely messed up big time and it was tragic what happened. But over 100 other men and women, some in higher authority than he, committed the same tremendous fault in judgement and could have helped prevent more boys from being harmed.. two of them were also indicted in the Freeh report, and continue to be paid by the university 6 figures to do nothing, and no one talks about that nearly as much, and most not at all.

Its simply stunning..and then for you to accuse me of simply trying to deflect blame? When we've had OVER HALF A YEAR of pitchforks, and stone throwing, and comdening, for this man! Forgive me if i think its getting a bit ******** and not helping anything and maybe our society should at least focus their energy on being upset at the ones still alive and still prospering and living more comfortably than most any of us, provided for by the university.. if we arn't going to be focused on doing things that help the victims.

That's all i have to say about this.. if you think this is all a big "Joe didn't do nothing wrong, he a God of da fuutbool" thing behind this, then i honestly just feel sorry for you.

Resume with the usual chatter..

Yeah but this just comes off as 4 paragraphs of rationalization/justification for the underlying truth in paragraph 5.

I get what you're saying -- more people were wrong in this as well. But your delivery just screams Paterno apologist.

My $0.02.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
casmith07;4629215 said:
Yeah but this just comes off as 4 paragraphs of rationalization/justification for the underlying truth in paragraph 5.

I get what you're saying -- more people were wrong in this as well. But your delivery just screams Paterno apologist.

My $0.02.

..and that's fine. I get it. Its much easier to stick a label on something than try to understand the actual reasoning. You don't get what im saying, because the underlying truth behind it isn't "Paterno apologist" and its not "more people were wrong in this" either.

jimmy40

Reaction score
rumors of a $30 - $60 million fine to go toward an endowment for children's causes

kristie

Reaction score
jimmy40;4629141 said:
OK prediction time for these unprecedented penalties:

Loss of 20 scholarships over 4 years
Bowl ban for 5 years.

seems to me like you're predicting the death penalty for penn state, right?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4629220 said:
..and that's fine. I get it. Its much easier to stick a label on something than try to understand the actual reasoning. You don't get what im saying, because the underlying truth behind it isn't "Paterno apologist" and its not "more people were wrong in this" either.

Then what are you saying? Break it down Barney style.

jimmy40

Reaction score
kristie;4629233 said:
seems to me like you're predicting the death penalty for penn state, right?
5 scholarships a year isn't near a death penalty, I threw the 5 year bowl ban in because they said unprecedented.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
jimmy40;4629231 said:
rumors of a $30 - $60 million fine to go toward an endowment for children's causes

How much revenue does the football program generate every year? I think 30- 60 mil might not be enough.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;4629231 said:
Now THAT'S something the media should start hyping more about if true.

jimmy40

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4629249 said:
How much revenue does the football program generate every year? I think 30- 60 mil might not be enough.
116 mil in revenue for the athletic dept. last year

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
jimmy40;4629282 said:
116 mil in revenue for the athletic dept. last year

It'd be nice, no matter what the sanctions end up being, if PSU would come out and say they are going to donate that, or at least half of that, to a child abuse charity.

jimmy40

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4629291 said:
It'd be nice, no matter what the sanctions end up being, if PSU would come out and say they are going to donate that, or at least half of that, to a child abuse charity.
don't know how much they could donate, they still have to pay the bills.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
jimmy40;4629305 said:
don't know how much they could donate, they still have to pay the bills.

I imagine if they really wanted to.. they could easily find the money to donate half of that and still be ridiculously well off.

Maybe cut down some administration pay.. or how bout firing Spanier and Curley already?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4629157 said:
Then why is no one talking about Curley or Spanier and outraged that they are still being paid 6 figure salaries to take a long vacation right now?

Tell me why you think no one is talking about that, because, certainly, that is something that people should be very upset about, no? They are guys who were also involved, also higher ups at the university, and also didn't do what they should have. Joe is fired and dead, and these guys are sipping martini's watching reruns of MASH on their big screen tv's being paid 6 figure salaries right now by the university to do nothing.. and yet people arn't talking about that anywhere. Why, in your opinion?

Also, please do explain your claim of "deflection" by me bringing up this part of the situation? Should be good..

Don't both of these individuals have criminal chargers currently pending? They are hardly made in the shade like you imply.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4629322 said:
Don't both of these individuals have criminal chargers currently pending? They are hardly made in the shade like you imply.

Curley has charges against him for lying to the grand jury, Spanier has nothing.

They are both still on salary by the university.

Jay

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4629198 said:
What's hypocricital are people who act like they are enraged by the entire situation, yet only talk about one man, a man who is dead and buried, while they never seem nearly as upset at the others involved, even those a couple of those who committed just as much, if not more wrong.. are still being paid 6 figures to take a long vacation BY THE UNIVERSITY..and you don't hear a peep about it.

You can sit here and claim all you want that people ARE in fact enraged just as much at these individuals, and blah blah blah.. but the fact is Curley and Spanier arn't talked about hardly at all. We could both go back and look at the posts and we'd see exactly that. There may be a comment here and there about Curley and a comment here and there about Spanier, but in all the threads, well over a couple thousand posts on the subject, there is NOWHERE NEAR the amount of anger and resentment for these men as there is for the man the media chose to blame for the whole damn thing.

I get it, Joe Paterno was wrong. I've said this more times than i should have had to. He absolutely messed up big time and it was tragic what happened. But over 100 other men and women, some in higher authority than he, committed the same tremendous fault in judgement and could have helped prevent more boys from being harmed.. two of them were also indicted in the Freeh report, and continue to be paid by the university 6 figures to do nothing, and no one talks about that nearly as much, and most not at all.

Its simply stunning..and then for you to accuse me of simply trying to deflect blame? When we've had OVER HALF A YEAR of pitchforks, and stone throwing, and comdening, for this man! Forgive me if i think its getting a bit ******** and not helping anything and maybe our society should at least focus their energy on being upset at the ones still alive and still prospering and living more comfortably than most any of us, provided for by the university.. if we arn't going to be focused on doing things that help the victims.

That's all i have to say about this.. if you think this is all a big "Joe didn't do nothing wrong, he a God of da fuutbool" thing behind this, then i honestly just feel sorry for you.

Resume with the usual chatter..

Know why more people are talking about Paterno? Because you have moronic and ignorant people sticking up for him, deflecting the blame from him, and students camping out near his now removed statue.

No one has stuck up for the others. There's clueless individuals sticking up for Paterno. It's really, really obvious why he has gotten more media attention. It can't be that hard to figure out, can it?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Jay;4629349 said:
Know why more people are talking about Paterno? Because you have moronic and ignorant people sticking up for him, deflecting the blame from him, and students camping out near his now removed statue.

No one has stuck up for the others. There's clueless individuals sticking up for Paterno. It's really, really obvious why he has gotten more media attention. It can't be that hard to figure out, can it?

It is.. because its what sells.