CFZ The Perspective Cooper Rush Provided

Jayinem

Reaction score
You don't see anything. I stopped defending Dak a long time ago. He just doesn't live in my mind rent free, so much that I mention him in posts having nothing to do with him.

Take a look in a mirror.
I already explained I quoted the wrong post. That triggered you obviously. So something inside you says "defend Dak"

NumOneQB

Reaction score
To me Dak can throw for 100 TDs a year with 0 INTs, but if he can't win in the playoffs I don't really care. Stats are nice but winning the big games are way more important. Dak is a proven loser when it matters most. He will be 30 by the time next season starts, and he's turned way more turnover prone than he was before. All the signs spell disaster. Nobody really thinks he's going to win us a Super Bowl. Nothing really matters besides that.
Agreed on most of your points other than the thought of “Nobody” thinks Dak is going to lead Dallas to a Super Bowl. You think that, and I don’t fault you for that. I know many think he’s good enough. I think he’s shown enough that he can. I’m basing that on his overall body of work during the season and his game against Tampa. But who really knows? I think we can all agree the odds are stacked against any QB or Coach in Dallas as long as Jerruh is running the show.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I already explained I quoted the wrong post. That triggered you obviously. So something inside you says "defend Dak"
I have no desire to defend Dak. I'm just not obsessed with him. Again, take a look in a mirror. I'm not the one with the Dak avatar.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Put down your torch and pitchfork. I’m not here to tell you Cooper Rush is Tom Brady 2.0.

Daks injury provided a very interesting situation this year. It showed the difference between our franchise qb with a really good team and a undrafted guy with a really good team.

Now we have the full picture. Cooper actually played solidly to win 4 out of 5 games, considering 3 (almost 4) teams were playoff teams, and one almost won the afc ship and the other will probably win it all. Against the litmus of what Cooper faced each week, he played consistently. Not as a great qb, but as a decent one on a good team that didn’t make stupid mistakes.

Which brings us to Dak. In a word, inconsistent…in record, in play, and in fan opinions. He won some games extravagantly, and had some gut wrenchingly pointless losses. I think comparing him to Cooper, he solidly confirmed what a lot of people have said on this board. He’s too inconsistent to get the team all the way. Everyone loves the Dak that played Minnesota or TB in the playoffs. Everyone hates the Dak that played the 49ers or TB in the opener.

Through a mixture of flaws that randomly appear play to play, game to game, I think it’s time to admit the gap between Rush and Dak is way smaller than the gap between Dak and top tier qbs. It’s just the inconsistency. Turns out he’s exactly what we drafted…a day 3 project pick. Hopefully the project ends in a year.
I think the only perspective we can get from looking at the two QBs is that Dak played poorly in the San Francisco game. There's no real indication that Rush could have even taken us that far.

If we want to compare them, then we probably should use their respective efforts against Philadelphia as the measuring stick. We lost to Philly with Rush as our QB having a poor game. We beat Philly with Dak as our QB having a great game.

The main difference I see in them is that Rush's poor games are not that much different than his good games. Dak, on the other hand, can play like a top QB in this league at times and have clunkers as bad as Rush's poor game at other times. Of course, even some of the QBs we consider the best have clunkers at times. The key is not having them at the wrong time.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I have no desire to defend Dak. I'm just not obsessed with him. Again, take a look in a mirror. I'm not the one with the Dak avatar.
Because it's how old he's going to be when he's released with 0 Super Bowls. If you don't like Dak criticism just make it illegal on the forum.

Why did you like this now you have a problem with criticism of Dak suddenly?

fVfz0Ef.jpeg

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Because it's how old he's going to be when he's released with 0 Super Bowls. If you don't like Dak criticism just make it illegal on the forum.
I am fine with Dak criticism - I've even engaged in it - and it is not illegal on the forum.

But he doesn't occupy my mind. He obviously occupies yours to the point of absurdity.

You saw me criticize Andy Dalton and concluded I was some sort of Dak fan boy. :rolleyes:

Jayinem

Reaction score
95%? Exaggeration. Typical one or two major Dak lovers started threads just like the typical 3-4 Dak haters that start threads when he stinks. Then fill in each thread with posters who slightly lean one way or another depending on how he played that week. I saw most people saying he’s got a legitimate chance to finally prove himself with a solid performance against SF, taking this team to the NFCCG. Obviously, he pooped the bed….
I don't know what you mean that I saw you critical of Andy Dalton and thought you were a fanboy. I told you I quoted the wrong post. This was the one I meant to quote but quoted the wrong one. I didn't engage in any conversation with you about Andy Dalton at all. I don't care about Andy Dalton he's trash.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Why did you like this now you have a problem with criticism of Dak suddenly?

fVfz0Ef.jpeg
I liked it because I've never had a problem with Dak criticism, as I have said multiple times now. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?

Criticizing Andy Dalton is not an endorsement of Dak, as I have already explained. Only someone who lets Dak live in his head would see it that way.

raggedy

Reaction score
I was listening to a Cowboy podcast today, and someone was saying that the Cowboys for the past two years are leading the NFL in points off turnovers? Something like 239 points in the past two years can be attributed to the Defense.

Does this mean that our high flying, near-the-top ranked Offense is getting a lot of their points (i.e. STATS) off the Defense's great job they've done these past two seasons? hmmmmm

Jayinem

Reaction score
I quoted this

OEV30Hw.png

but I should have quoted this

EAAvX0R.png

I wasn't trying to attack you for bashing Andy Dalton. Andy Dalton is worse than Dak. I thought you were attacking me for criticising Dak. It was a misunderstanding on both our parts. I'm willing to drop it if you are.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Put down your torch and pitchfork. I’m not here to tell you Cooper Rush is Tom Brady 2.0.

Daks injury provided a very interesting situation this year. It showed the difference between our franchise qb with a really good team and a undrafted guy with a really good team.

Now we have the full picture. Cooper actually played solidly to win 4 out of 5 games, considering 3 (almost 4) teams were playoff teams, and one almost won the afc ship and the other will probably win it all. Against the litmus of what Cooper faced each week, he played consistently. Not as a great qb, but as a decent one on a good team that didn’t make stupid mistakes.

Which brings us to Dak. In a word, inconsistent…in record, in play, and in fan opinions. He won some games extravagantly, and had some gut wrenchingly pointless losses. I think comparing him to Cooper, he solidly confirmed what a lot of people have said on this board. He’s too inconsistent to get the team all the way. Everyone loves the Dak that played Minnesota or TB in the playoffs. Everyone hates the Dak that played the 49ers or TB in the opener.

Through a mixture of flaws that randomly appear play to play, game to game, I think it’s time to admit the gap between Rush and Dak is way smaller than the gap between Dak and top tier qbs. It’s just the inconsistency. Turns out he’s exactly what we drafted…a day 3 project pick. Hopefully the project ends in a year.
he produced the 29th ranked offense in the league. this is not sustainable for wins long term. he didn't make plays to win, although he tried to minimize his mistakes not to give games away, which means you need everything to go perfect for you to win, thus why its not sustainable long term. the rams game is when it started to really fall apart for him. 13 total points against a team that won 5 games in the end. if not for a defense scoring twice (essentially). and then it just totally fell apart against the eagles. it started to fall apart at the seems. happy we won 4. congrats to the team and coaches for saving the season, but Rush is barely a backup.

and yes, Dak is inconsistent. but he is way way way way better than Rush. the gap is not smaller. the gap is huge. gigantic. enourmous. so with Dak what can be done to limit those inconsistencies. Dak is not elite. will never be elite. and so we must stop pointing and trying to prove over and over again, he is not elite. there is only so many of those elite QBs. and now we learned about the conflict in coaching ranks within the cowboys where Big Max and Moore weren't really chums. McCarthy telling Dak to be aggressive, while more running the 10 yard curl offense.

and now we are at a cross roads. do you just tear it all up given the contract at hand. leave one year with 49M on the cap (brilliant jerry contract, brilliant!!!). and then make him a post june 1st cut or trade if there is a partner. or do we try to extend (without adding money if possible) and try to rebuild hoping that McCarthy's guy is better at offense than Moore. it feels like a lose lose situation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Maybe Rush just needs a better coordinator. The curl routes hurt my stomach. Rush was winning with that turd Moore. The offensive line was hurt, and no number-one receiver wipes tears. Rush did wonders with the same excuses dakgooblers use. Just think how great Rush will be next year with fat Mike calling the plays. Sound familiar?

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah I’m confused as well.

BTW, Andy Dalton had a higher win percentage the year he stepped in for Dak and he was awful.

You don’t need to spend all this money to get the same results Dak gives you but a cheap QB gives you the option to build a better football team.

Dak was far and away a huuuuuuge advantage for us over Brock Purdy and Dak embarrassed the franchise.
Dak should have been a huge advantage over Purdy, but it turned out he wasn’t.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah. This isn’t even a reasonable debate. Rush is a very, very marginal QB who probably isn’t even a competent backup. Luck was as important in his wins as his ability.

Dak is better than Rush, clearly. His upside is tremendously higher. On the other hand Dak plays habitually poorly against the better defenses in the league, especially those with a stout front 4 that can stop the run.

If you like winning more games than you lose, but have no plans of ever beating the stronger teams, Dak is your guy. But if you plan on winning playoff games, Dak is a waste of cap space.

Dak eats up an inordinate amount of cap space for his ability level. His slow starts and INTs will kill you.

Let’s be clear—you CAN win a SB with a QB like Dak, so long as it’s on his rookie contract. But winning one with Dak being paid 20% of the cap is very unlikely. You either have to stack the offense (to the detriment of the defense) or build the 85 bears defense, or hit on every draft pick.

The smart money says that all of the above are very unlikely.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But Eagles showed up against the Giants whom had nothing to play for???....

Dak Haters are imbeciles
Very classy
Promise you'll follow Dak to his next stop like MacDonald ls, he'll be on the deep fryer.
You can tell everyone he makes perfect fries.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What Rush showed is that passing for a gadzillion yards is not what wins games.

Amen!!!!!!! But this is what they love to gauge him off of in here ksk, stats stats stats, what about balance and how is lack of athletic ability made us game plan around his inabilities!! With Dak he said I get it, but of course I knew that would last about a week

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Nothing you said is remotely accurate.

what we saw was the 27th ranked offense with rush at 19 points per game. Only to have a real qb like dak come and turn that into the #1 scoring offense in football at 31 per game.

when rush faced the eagles he threw 3 picks and lost when we really needed a qb to carry the team. Dak on the other hand had one of his best games of the season beating the eagles.

defense was healthy and on point at the beginning of the year. In the 2nd half had injuries and was a shadow at times under dak.

learn the game, learn the team. You sound ridiculous.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am on record right now that Rush has earned the right to have open competition in camp for the starting job. Im not a fan of this years QB crop in the draft. Not sure I would draft a guy. Maybe a 7th on Duggan.