CFZ The Perspective Cooper Rush Provided

Proof

Reaction score
The original poster only illustrated what each and every one of us saw against the 49ers. The kid was a Cooper Rush, not asked to do very much at all in the form of being spectacular - JUST DON"T HURT US!. That is exactly what Rush did during his stint behind center. How can folks here shower Purdy with accolades and at the same time dismiss Rush for doing EXACTLY what Purdy did to beat us?

:huh:
i’d assume because he did it for nearly twice as long and the offense scored dramatically more

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Didn't Rush throw 3 INTs against the Eagles who are inferior defensively to the 49ers?y
He also had 2 INTs against Washington overturned by penalty. So the notion that he doesn't turn the ball over is a bit misleading. As he did have at least a few more which was luckily overturned by penalty or recovered before the opposing defense could get on them (There was a fumble which Tyler Smith recovered against the Rams preventing them from getting the ball on a short field). And if someone were to go back and watch film on some of those games, they might see opposing defenders who dropped what could have been INTs thrown by Rush.

So factoring in all of this, I would say there might have been a 50/50 chance of Cooper Rush playing a clean game against the 49ers defense, as he is capable of not turning the ball over and doing enough to win games like the 49ers game. But also shown he can be prone to turnovers but just happened to have things work in his favor enough where we didn't see him officially end up with 5 or more turnovers in 5 games.

JustChip

Reaction score
Going to speculate here
But dak would not play in that game plan.
He would audible out of run plays and try and win the game with his arm and throw a couple picks and lose the game.
Maybe, maybe not. It’s pretty hard to audible to run play when the personnel grouping doesn’t include a RB. I’m not defending Dak because he still has to make the right decision and execute, but things are not binary.

McMicah

Reaction score
Maybe I should make a sub thread called “The perspective writing an OP provides”, because 1/3 of the people who responded didn’t read the OP and seemed to think I was saying Rush>Dak. I was not.

I was saying that if you average Daks performances together he is still a better qb obviously, BUT his bad performances are BAD, and occur often enough that you’d gladly rewind and put cooper in assuming the outcome is better. Again, not because he’s a better qb than the average of Dak, but he is better than the Dak who played Washington in the finale, Tampa in the opener, the 49ers, Green Bay, etc.

roughly 25-30% of Daks games are bad enough that it’s not unfair to assume a lesser overall qb would outperform him. Don’t believe me? Who was better Dak or Purdy? Who was better Dak or Howell? Daks not worse than those guys overall, but they sure played better than him those games. And YES it happens to every qb, but not at the rate it happens to Dak. That rate practically guarantees a dud performance in the playoffs every year, which means no Lombardi.

That’s why it needs to end as soon as it can

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
95% of people were defending Dak before the Divisional playoff game rubbing it in our faces how good he was against the Bucs. Sure for a short time after the Divisional game some more people turned on him but most of them are right back on the bandwagon or will be by next season.
Dak does not suck his record in the NFL proves it And I am not a Dak wagon fan We could have done much worse at QB

Iago33

Reaction score
95% of people were defending Dak before the Divisional playoff game rubbing it in our faces how good he was against the Bucs. Sure for a short time after the Divisional game some more people turned on him but most of them are right back on the bandwagon or will be by next season.
There’s a vocal minority on each end of the spectrum with most people spread out in the middle. I would guess that at least half of the forum is skeptical of Dak. It’s probably close to 50/50 if push comes to shove

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s a vocal minority on each end of the spectrum with most people spread out in the middle. I would guess that at least half of the forum is skeptical of Dak. It’s probably close to 50/50 if push comes to shove
6-12 polarizing on each side that Dak is great/terrible. The huge majority of the forum thinks he's a decent QB, not great or terrible. The polarizers are very loud, though, so it seems as if there are more of them. And since most good posters mostly stay out of the Dak threads due to extreme stupidness, all you get in those are the screamers.

kskboys

Reaction score
I guess you must have completely missed the threads I made in which I completely blamed and faulted Dak for the 49ers loss. I can both criticize Dak and acknowledge the truth of Cooper Rush not being a starting caliber QB in the NFL.
Hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Personally I am so freaking over Dak sucks / Daks great threads -
Give it a rest everyone - this fish has been filet, fried , sautéed , blackened , poached , boiled , broiled , grilled , !!! I am tired of the latest and greatest regurgitation spin bloviation of the same garbage
Fact Dak is the qb of the Dallas cowboys
Barring injury or some other fluke he will be better or worse - you can not introduce anything new on either side - no new light - no amazing theories - nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know - I can not open these threads but seriously there 20,000+++ old threads with dozens new ones created daily

Please mods create a Dak forum
Let them all go there
It’s truly polluting the pages

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::thumbdown::thumbdown::angry:
X gadzillions!!!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Good Dak, Bad Dak. We all know Dak is inconsistent that's my issue with his play. I'm all for a more steady QB, but Jerry n Stephen finding that guy isn't encouraging.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think the real perspective he provided is actually more significant than we want to admit. Cooper Rush would have likely given you a shot in that game. If, for nothing else, because he has the head for it. Dak can make all the throws, but he didn't respond well to the pressure, and essentially folded under pressure, which I think Cooper Rush is less prone to do.

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah I’m confused as well.

BTW, Andy Dalton had a higher win percentage the year he stepped in for Dak and he was awful.

You don’t need to spend all this money to get the same results Dak gives you but a cheap QB gives you the option to build a better football team.

Dak was far and away a huuuuuuge advantage for us over Brock Purdy and Dak embarrassed the franchise.
We are back to this dumb crap again?

Lordy....

Ken

Reaction score
Every time someone makes a Rush thread people reply and laugh in their faces when they say Rush can replace Dak, every single time. Rush went 5-1 and deserved more opportunity, but this board won't hear of it. This board loves Dak Prescott.
I guess we will lose Rush in FA then.

Since he is so good...someone is going to give him a deal we can't touch.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I guess we will lose Rush in FA then.

Since he is so good...someone is going to give him a deal we can't touch.
I think he will be gone. He might be a backup, but he played about as well as Brock Purdy did in his first 6 starts. It is better to protect the ball than to throw for a decent amount of yards and turn it over 1-2 games which is what Dak did. This team might have been a better fit with Rush but we had to coddle the 40 million dollar Quarterback and he failed. Congrats.

Everyone knows the most important stat in Football is turnover differential. Dak had 17 INTs in 14 games (including playoffs)

Ken

Reaction score
I think he will be gone. He might be a backup, but he played about as well as Brock Purdy did in his first 6 starts. It is better to protect the ball than to throw for a decent amount of yards and turn it over 1-2 games which is what Dak did. This team might have been a better fit with Rush but we had to coddle the 40 million dollar Quarterback and he failed. Congrats.
Ya...lucky for Rush about 3 or 4 others were dropped.

Should be able to translate into a payday.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Ya...lucky for Rush about 3 or 4 others were dropped.

Should be able to translate into a payday.
You have nothing to cry about your favorite QB of all time got his job back, then he failed as usual. What is your complaint exactly?

If we're counting dropped INTs Dak had more than 17. He threw a dropped pick 6 then the next play threw a completed pick 6. Never ever seen that before.