CFZ The Perspective Cooper Rush Provided

Jayinem

Reaction score
the way things have transpired, MOST of even Daks strongest supporters have realized his limitations and flaws. Same people understand Cooper Rush is not the answer. He’s benefited from the allure of “what if?” Given a full slate he’d be exposed and brutally. independent of dak
You have no evidence to support Rush couldn't cut it, 5-1 shows the opposite.. I have a mountain of evidence on Dak.

You guys think emotionally, I think logically. You are emotionally invested in Dak, I'm not.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You have no evidence to support Rush couldn't cut it. I have a mountain of evidence on Dak.
We could talk about Rush's performance outside of play action or his performance in the red zone or on third down or pretty much any other metric for QB performance or we could go by how you feel. . . .

Jayinem

Reaction score
We could talk about Rush's performance outside of play action or his performance in the red zone or on third down or pretty much any other metric for QB performance or we could go by how you feel. . . .
We could talk about Dak leading the league in INTs despite missing 5 games then throwing 2 more against the 49ers or we can go by how you feel.

Dak had Ty Hilton and Gallup, Rush had neither. Just say you're emotionally invested in Dak.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You have no evidence to support Rush couldn't cut it, 5-1 shows the opposite.. I have a mountain of evidence on Dak.

You guys think emotionally, I think logically. You are emotionally invested in Dak, I'm not.

The evidence is in the offense being ranked 27th with Cooper Rush as the QB. He doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. And is decent back up, if he can have a defense playing lights out, a strong running game, or special teams/defense scoring. If Cooper Rush's QB play was so a big factor in the Cowboys being 5-1, then he should be getting picked up this off season to be a starter on another NFL team.

Jayinem

Reaction score
His 2nd best receiver was Noah Brown. You Dak apologists never quit just like I said on page 1. He played as well in his first 6 starts as someone like Brock Purdy did. Only difference is Purdy was given the chance to keep going, Rush wasn't.

I predicted Dak wouldn't beat the 49ers and would choke. I'll just keep saying it you guys are emotionally invested in Dak Prescott and it doesn't even matter how he performs on the field that much..

Proof

Reaction score

the fact you thought that was a post in support of dak undermines everything you said lol. you are so emotionally invested in dak that you’re not able to think logically. and yes we have all the evidence we need to know what rush is and isn’t. wins and losses from a small sample size are window dressing for morons unable to think critically or analyze data at anything more than a surface level.

Jayinem

Reaction score
See what I mean, congrats Dak. You can keep choking from now on. Cowboyszone has your back.

Proof

Reaction score
See what I mean, congrats Dak. You can keep choking from now on. Cowboyszone has your back.
again, you can’t remove daks name from your mouth even for a single post. neither of my posts were about dak and specifically stated as much. you’re a strange fella

csirl

Reaction score
The fact that there is even a debate about this reflects poorly on Dak. Rush is a PS/3rd string standard QB. There should be glaring differences between him and a franchise QB.

Has anyone noticed that Dak's gait looks a little awkward since his injury? His footwork was always patchy - he relies on arm/shoulder strength more than most. But it's worse since the injury - theres a glitch in it which, given how long its since the injury, looks like its permanent.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
"the fact you thought that was a post in support of dak undermines everything you said lol. you are so emotionally invested in dak that you’re not able to think logically. and yes we have all the evidence we need to know what rush is and isn’t. wins and losses from a small sample size are window dressing for morons unable to think critically or analyze data at anything more than a surface level.

Nothing quite like those Cowboys fans who accuses other Cowboys fans of being apologists for Dak. while then turning around and getting offended/defensive over anyone who points out how Cooper Rush doesn't have the skill set or the arm to be a starting QB in the NFL, who can put together a whole NFL season of wins by running an offense which scores under 20 points and one TD per game. The ones who accuses others of making excuses for Dak, while rushing to defend and explain away why the offense with Rush struggled to score and was at near the bottom of the NFL in the must important stat categories.

They'll repeat "4-1" or "5-1" over and over again. By their logic, if the NFL only looked at QBs by their "win percentage", then Cooper Rush would be ranked above Josh Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow. Since he there is only one loss on his record as a "starter", while these other QBs have multiple career losses on their record. This is the logic their using, when they insist that the 5-1 record is what should be used to judge Rush's talents/potential as a QB. Rather than looking at his arm strength or how the offense performs overall when he is under center.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
This isn't a reality. Everyone says they want Prescott to run a conservative offense until he does, then it's not enough.
You can go back to the Parcells days. He wanted Romo to be a "bus driver", which is where the phrase came from in these parts. When he said it, it was rather inflammatory and a lot of people disagreed.

There is some level of nuance here. This isn't saying that the team doesn't want to score points. What it is really saying is that a team taking on this philosophy is going to try to mitigate risk. Focus on ball control and minimizing turnovers versus what Dallas did this year.

Its no coincidence that Parcells publicly criticized Dallas' offense this year. And yes, there are a lot of people who disagree with this philosophy but Parcells is no fool.

And yes, a LOT of people complained about Dink and Dak. They lost in the playoffs in their first game after going 13-3 but look at the score. It was 34-31 and Dallas went down a quick 21-3. If you put this defense with that team, it makes the super bowl IMHO.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You can go back to the Parcells days. He wanted Romo to be a "bus driver", which is where the phrase came from in these parts. When he said it, it was rather inflammatory and a lot of people disagreed.

There is some level of nuance here. This isn't saying that the team doesn't want to score points. What it is really saying is that a team taking on this philosophy is going to try to mitigate risk. Focus on ball control and minimizing turnovers versus what Dallas did this year.

Its no coincidence that Parcells publicly criticized Dallas' offense this year. And yes, there are a lot of people who disagree with this philosophy but Parcells is no fool.

And yes, a LOT of people complained about Dink and Dak. They lost in the playoffs in their first game after going 13-3 but look at the score. It was 34-31 and Dallas went down a quick 21-3. If you put this defense with that team, it makes the super bowl IMHO.

I CONCUR

kskboys

Reaction score
Every time someone makes a Rush thread people reply and laugh in their faces when they say Rush can replace Dak, every single time. Rush went 5-1 and deserved more opportunity, but this board won't hear of it. This board loves Dak Prescott.
Absolutely not true. It's the same 6 guys every time.

You are guilty of not paying attention!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
It's tough to overlook the fact that Coop is 5-1 as a starter. Not saying the guy is great, but if he can do that, how would this team look with another $20-$30m worth of firepower?
Not any better. Rush's severe limitations concerning arm strength will always limit him.

kskboys

Reaction score
All of Cooper Rush's wins have come when the opponent was held to 17 points or less. He's never been asked to win a shootout, which is good because he couldn't do it.

Rush's best attribute is not making mistakes. What happened the one time an opponent broke 20 points? He made mistakes and the Cowboys lost. He's extremely limited.
Absolutely. I don't even like him as the primary backup. Arm is just not there, not even close.

Rush showed us what ball control can do to the opposing D. Crisp handoffs, quick passes, stuff like that. If we could just get that into Dak's play.

kskboys

Reaction score
.....then why didn't KMoore keep the scheme the same, when Dak returned?....... or return the scheme back to the one Cooper Rush had, when the Dak ints started surfacing?
To that question I have no fersure answer.

I can go to poker, where sooner or later you go back to the nature of what type of player you are. Maybe KMo is just such a passing addict that he can't help himself? Maybe coming from the high octane passpasspass O of Boise St makes him believe that's the pathway to success.

However, I will state this. These TO's Dak is having? Those are the normal progression of a QB who transitions from a busdriver type to a playmaker type. Maybe KMo realized that to take the next step into super bowl contention that Dak was going to have to become more of a playmaker. IMO, these INT's should've happened immediately as Dak figured things out. As usual, we are terrible at player development.

kskboys

Reaction score

Not true. Rush does not have the arm for the NFL as a starter. If are really thinking logically as you state, then you know that.

I'm not emotionally invested in either, just to be clear.

Proof

Reaction score
Nothing quite like those Cowboys fans who accuses other Cowboys fans of being apologists for Dak. while then turning around and getting offended/defensive over anyone who points out how Cooper Rush doesn't have the skill set or the arm to be a starting QB in the NFL, who can put together a whole NFL season of wins by running an offense which scores under 20 points and one TD per game. The ones who accuses others of making excuses for Dak, while rushing to defend and explain away why the offense with Rush struggled to score and was at near the bottom of the NFL in the must important stat categories.

They'll repeat "4-1" or "5-1" over and over again. By their logic, if the NFL only looked at QBs by their "win percentage", then Cooper Rush would be ranked above Josh Allen, Mahomes, and Burrow. Since he there is only one loss on his record as a "starter", while these other QBs have multiple career losses on their record. This is the logic their using, when they insist that the 5-1 record is what should be used to judge Rush's talents/potential as a QB. Rather than looking at his arm strength or how the offense performs overall when he is under center.
exactly. it’s wild, man. easy to identify people to not pay attn to though

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the perspective Cooper Rush added was that you can win with a great defense and no turnovers - which we were playing like at the time!