CFZ The Perspective Cooper Rush Provided

IceBowler

Reaction score
The original poster only illustrated what each and every one of us saw against the 49ers. The kid was a Cooper Rush, not asked to do very much at all in the form of being spectacular - JUST DON"T HURT US!. That is exactly what Rush did during his stint behind center. How can folks here shower Purdy with accolades and at the same time dismiss Rush for doing EXACTLY what Purdy did to beat us?

:huh:

kskboys

Reaction score
The original poster only illustrated what each and every one of us saw against the 49ers. The kid was a Cooper Rush, not asked to do very much at all in the form of being spectacular - JUST DON"T HURT US!. That is exactly what Rush did during his stint behind center. How can folks here shower Purdy with accolades and at the same time dismiss Rush for doing EXACTLY what Purdy did to beat us?

:huh:
Purdy has the arm for the NFL game. Rush does not.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
95% of people were defending Dak before the Divisional playoff game rubbing it in our faces how good he was against the Bucs. Sure for a short time after the Divisional game some more people turned on him but most of them are right back on the bandwagon or will be by next season.
They already are. Big Mike will be able to fix Dak, according to them.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
See Rush in the Philly game.
One bad game out of 5 against the NFC Champions on the road. Dakota was thee biggest reason why they lost on multiple occasions. If Rush starts against SF, I believe Dallas wins.

There were also numerous games where the defense generated turnovers that bailed Dakota out of his poor game (see Detroit, Chicago, Giants, Colts).

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The evidence is in the offense being ranked 27th with Cooper Rush as the QB. He doesn't have what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. And is decent back up, if he can have a defense playing lights out, a strong running game, or special teams/defense scoring. If Cooper Rush's QB play was so a big factor in the Cowboys being 5-1, then he should be getting picked up this off season to be a starter on another NFL team.
I thought it was ranked 29th, but your fine point remains.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One bad game out of 5 against the NFC Champions on the road. Dakota was thee biggest reason why they lost on multiple occasions. If Rush starts against SF, I believe Dallas wins.

There were also numerous games where the defense generated turnovers that bailed Dakota out of his poor game (see Detroit, Chicago, Giants, Colts).
Think about what you're saying. Cooper Rush man.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I’m convinced Dak has half these jokers on Payroll. Never seen so many grown men drop to their knees to worship a marginal QB

Are all of those who are trying to build up Cooper Rush to be more than he is as an NFL QB, worshipping him also?

Reactions: G2

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Everyone loves that we didn’t collapse with Rush at QB, but did you actually watch the Philly game with Rush at QB? So he never produced much through the air while the defense was shocking the NFL, didn’t have a turnover problem, and we won 4 games. Then he crapped out vs the Philly defense and threw 3 interceptions, not 2, but 3. He completed less than 50% of his passes.

Dak had an unusual issue turning the ball over this year. He was great one week and bad the next week In the playoffs. Do you see a pattern here? Do not hold up Cooper Rush as a more consistent QB.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Are all of those who are trying to build up Cooper Rush to be more than he is as an NFL QB, worshipping him also?
Do you have to deflect blame from Dak all day or can you admit that Dak failed? Dak is not the answer. I'll give anyone else a try because Dak is a proven loser.

Blitzen

Reaction score
The gap is only small for people that are clueless about football.

Rush failed vs the Eagles.

Dak won vs the Eagles.
If the gap was as big as you would like all Cowboys’ fans to believe, he would not have had that clunker vs the 49ers. He’s a pretty good QB that can take good advantage of play action when the running game is going very well.

Staubacher

Reaction score
You can go back to the Parcells days. He wanted Romo to be a "bus driver", which is where the phrase came from in these parts. When he said it, it was rather inflammatory and a lot of people disagreed.

There is some level of nuance here. This isn't saying that the team doesn't want to score points. What it is really saying is that a team taking on this philosophy is going to try to mitigate risk. Focus on ball control and minimizing turnovers versus what Dallas did this year.

Its no coincidence that Parcells publicly criticized Dallas' offense this year. And yes, there are a lot of people who disagree with this philosophy but Parcells is no fool.

And yes, a LOT of people complained about Dink and Dak. They lost in the playoffs in their first game after going 13-3 but look at the score. It was 34-31 and Dallas went down a quick 21-3. If you put this defense with that team, it makes the super bowl IMHO.
In most of Romo's post Parcells years he didn't have the defense to simply drive the bus. Plus he had a horrific HC to deal with.

To Romo's credit he kept improving his craft and was an elite level QB by the time the injuries took their toll.

Dak is in regression. He hasn't improved his game mentally or physically

Blitzen

Reaction score
you have poor memory.

Rush had our offense bottom 10 in scoring and 3rd downs were horrid.

he wasnt even a bus driver, he steered the bus on cruise control, that defense , sts, and OL with Run game was playing at an elite level, Dak wins all those game IMO including the Philly game.. its easy to see if you aren't blinded by the appearance Daks INTs were all his fault,. with less of run game, not the same defense, wrs tipping passs to the defense, then Turpin and maher start getting shaky.. odd you gloss over the very big differences in team play.. No way Rush could stay in many of those games dak had to score 28-40 points,

Rush doesn't make mistakes or got lucky?

Washington game - 2 Ints getting called back over plenty, they still happened.
Rams game 107 total yards he looked like trash oh 2 fumbles, we didn't lose them but they happened.
Phily game- 3 Ints

almost 7 TOs in those 5 games. he got lucky, that happens but hes far from mistake free. Over time you get exposed see Dalton that who they are .

he was exposed but we didn't pay for it as the team was covering them up.

Injuries along to OL, rb, and defense had the team playing differently and Dak was needed to come in and take that offense to another level regardless of what you think., Rush could not function at all with no run game shaky OL, and skill payers making those mistakes etc

you are way off base..
I love these hypothetical fantasy alternative reality posts so much. Did Cooper throw any completed passes where the receiver didn’t have to make an acrobatic catch? Cooper won the bulk of the games he started. Quit the absurd hate. Dak deserves some trashing at this point after the last game-get over it. He never said that Cooper=Dak. You’ve ignored his point to argue another one.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Personally I am so freaking over Dak sucks / Daks great threads -
Give it a rest everyone - this fish has been filet, fried , sautéed , blackened , poached , boiled , broiled , grilled , !!! I am tired of the latest and greatest regurgitation spin bloviation of the same garbage
Fact Dak is the qb of the Dallas cowboys
Barring injury or some other fluke he will be better or worse - you can not introduce anything new on either side - no new light - no amazing theories - nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know - I can not open these threads but seriously there 20,000+++ old threads with dozens new ones created daily

Please mods create a Dak forum
Let them all go there
It’s truly polluting the pages

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::thumbdown::thumbdown::angry:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Do you have to deflect blame from Dak all day or can you admit that Dak failed? Dak is not the answer. I'll give anyone else a try because Dak is a proven loser.

I guess you must have completely missed the threads I made in which I completely blamed and faulted Dak for the 49ers loss. I can both criticize Dak and acknowledge the truth of Cooper Rush not being a starting caliber QB in the NFL.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They faced the best defense in the league. You think Cooper Rush would have lit the 49ers up?
I know one thing. He would have protected the ball better. All Dak had to do was play average and we win that game.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
In most of Romo's post Parcells years he didn't have the defense to simply drive the bus. Plus he had a horrific HC to deal with.

To Romo's credit he kept improving his craft and was an elite level QB by the time the injuries took their toll.

Dak is in regression. He hasn't improved his game mentally or physically
I would argue that Romo was a gunslinger who Parcells tried to turn into a busdriver but went back to being a gunslinger whereas Dak is a bus driver who is trying to be a gunslinger and should go back to being a bus driver.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
All of Cooper Rush's wins have come when the opponent was held to 17 points or less. He's never been asked to win a shootout, which is good because he couldn't do it.

Rush's best attribute is not making mistakes. What happened the one time an opponent broke 20 points? He made mistakes and the Cowboys lost. He's extremely limited.
While that is true I'd rather run with him and minimum salary than a choker who's getting payed too much. Of course Dak's better than him, but he's not xx million better.

We all know that Rush won a few games because of what the defense brought to the table. But that's the point. Just like Foles or others, if the team around you is right, you don't have to be the best QB out there. Just don't make mistakes and stick to the game plan.