The Pewter Pirates are Setting Sail for Big D (Dallas)

DeadEagle

Reaction score
41gy#;2367725 said:
Look. I think you have a really good team. I watched them play on Sunday night. I'm not using injuries as an excuse for the Cowboys. Dallas hasn't played well lately; however, if Romo, Newman, Pacman, and Spencer were on the field this week, I don't think you would be talking so boldly. Dallas has multiple guys out at major positions. When you have significant injuries at key positions, it is a little tougher than a plug here or a plug there.

All teams have to play with injuries, but Dallas will be without its Pro Bowl cornerback (Terence Newman) and its best cornerback it had playing (Pacman Jones). The Pro Bowl quarterback is out. If Tony Romo was playing in this game, your defense would be under the gun this week. If you dropped the safety in the box to stop the run, he would make you pay. The guy we have at LG isn't very good. The offensive line hasn't been the same since Kosier went out. Adams has a bad shoulder and they have to play him. Anthony Spencer was ready to take Ellis' job, and he was injured in the pre-season. Anthony Henry can't play the TE in the dime anymore, and he was doing a good job.

These are just facts, not excuses. It is easy to talk big when your opponent is weakened. This isn't the same Dallas team you will see after our bye coming up. Teams better get the Cowboys now, because if they wake up and get healthy, you might not want to play them down the road.

I'll tell you what, you guys better not test Orlando Scandrick in the slot. Teams have not been testing him for a reason.

Your team did well when those guys were out. However, you guys played a rookie quarterback, Wallace has made 5 starts, Rodgers is a first year starter, and Delhome is well known to you guys. Brees threw for 337 yards on your defense. Plus, Cutler didn't throw a pick.

Man, after that last game, no wonder you are confident. However, Arizona can play, and Dallas gave that game away on offense and special teams

We've had a tougher schedule than you guys, and have a better record to show for it.

We will move the ball against your defense no matter whom you trot out there. It'll key on Earnest Graham wearing your front 7 out, and Garcia hitting the quick passes.

Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers have been lighting other people up, Delhomme is one of the better QB's, though vastly underrated, in the game. Brees... he gets his, and we suck at the Superdome. Cutler and Orton are efficient.

The one characteristic that most of those guys have that Romo doesn't..... they protect the ball pretty well. Romo has 5 INT's and 6 fumbles in 6 games. That tells me, if we play aggressive against him, we can turnover the ball, and at the rate we've been going, it may well mean a score.

I want to get your impression on Monday of our secondary and OL. Really, I do.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367791 said:
We've had a tougher schedule than you guys, and have a better record to show for it.

We will move the ball against your defense no matter whom you trot out there. It'll key on Earnest Graham wearing your front 7 out, and Garcia hitting the quick passes.

Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers have been lighting other people up, Delhomme is one of the better QB's, though vastly underrated, in the game. Brees... he gets his, and we suck at the Superdome. Cutler and Orton are efficient.

The one characteristic that most of those guys have that Romo doesn't..... they protect the ball pretty well. Romo has 5 INT's and 6 fumbles in 6 games. That tells me, if we play aggressive against him, we can turnover the ball, and at the rate we've been going, it may well mean a score.

Garcia historically is pretty excellent against us. I remember an abysmal game as a Brown or Lion, but largely he always is a thorn in our side. I don't see that changing Sunday.

My non-coaches' opinion is that this team struggles against slippery and/or powerful quarterbacks -- you know, the ones who can move away from a sack or use their strength to break free from it. It seems like our guys attack a point in the backfield, and not the actual quarterback. All Garcia will need to do is take one step up in the pocket every so often and he should buy himself an easy two seconds.

I'm less worried about Graham for some reason. I don't think our defense typically has back-to-back poor showings against the run, and my impression of Graham is that he's more of a tough-running plodder than a shifty guy -- though I could be mistaken. Cutback guys like Portis and Westbrook usually give us fits. Does Graham fit that mold?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367791 said:

Sorry, forgot to address this part of your post and was curious of your thoughts.

I'm not sure I agree that Cutler is an efficient QB. He has five INTs this year (to 9 TDs) and eight fumbles. Hardly a caretaker in my book. Also, our pedestrian defense made Rodgers look equally as pedestrian. Just throwing that out there.

Also, I'm not sure what you'll learn about your secondary or line against this group. Brad Johnson isn't going to exploit your secondary and our defensive line, outside of Ratliff, does little to disrupt teams. And outside of last game, Ware has been struggling to generate consistent pressure (despite the one sack per game stat) and Ellis has been a virtual non factor helping out in pass coverage as often as he's rushing the passer.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
First, good posts, good insight.

RainMan;2367812 said:
I'm less worried about Graham for some reason. I don't think our defense typically has back-to-back poor showings against the run, and my impression of Graham is that he's more of a tough-running plodder than a shifty guy -- though I could be mistaken. Cutback guys like Portis and Westbrook usually give us fits. Does Graham fit that mold?

Not really. Graham's value is in his versatility. He can run, catch and block well. He's like Portis a bit, but not as explosive through the hole running the ball. But he shows patience and is physical. We'll try and get him the ball in space and let him grind out yards. He doesn't make very many mistakes.

Dunn is our shifty guy. And we like to get both players involved in the game. Keeps both guys fresh, and allows us to allocate touches to whichever guy has the hotter hand. Recently, since both our FB's have been injured, we've had Graham as the FB, getting both he and Dunn on the field together, and the Panthers and Seahawks had fits trying to defend that, so we'll see how that plays against the Cowboys.

RainMan;2367818 said:
Sorry, forgot to address this part of your post and was curious of your thoughts.

I'm not sure I agree that Cutler is an efficient QB. He has five INTs this year (to 9 TDs) and eight fumbles. Hardly a caretaker in my book. Also, our pedestrian defense made Rodgers look equally as pedestrian. Just throwing that out there.

Also, I'm not sure what you'll learn about your secondary or line against this group. Brad Johnson isn't going to exploit your secondary and our defensive line, outside of Ratliff, does little to disrupt teams. And outside of last game, Ware has been struggling to generate consistent pressure (despite the one sack per game stat) and Ellis has been a virtual non factor helping out in pass coverage as often as he's rushing the passer.

Not sure where you are getting your stats. Cutler has 13 TD passes, 7 INT's and 3 fumbles on the season. And his yards per attempt, an important stat, is up over 7 and among the league's elite.

Ware, as a pass rusher, reminds me of what we had in Simeon Rice, in that he comes and goes in spurts. When he's on, he's unblockable, but when he's off, he's pedestrian but solid.

I don't expect to learn anything I don't already know about our OL and secondary. What I do expect, is for them to start getting some respect that they've been earning.

juck

Reaction score
You Guys couldnt beat BJ thats sad,Bucs are completely overated.

Ren

Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367791 said:

We will move the ball against your defense no matter whom you trot out there.

see ya! :lmao:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Found them.

sunken_ship.5203720_std.jpg

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
juckie;2375184 said:
Im happy this Pittman dork will be gone.

Haha, Pittman4Two will never be gone (at least I hope). His analysis of the NFL football league is unparalleled.

Pittman4Two

Reaction score
Congratulatories around to the Dallas Cowboys and their fans.

Your defense played outstanding today.

The Pewter Pirates left many-a-point on the field today. Without those points you can't add them to the scoreboard and in the end, the Cowboys scored more than we did...that's how they won.

It's great to see Roy Williams versatility by playing offense as well. If he played that well on defense, he probably would be better in coverage. I'm sure Wade and his dad are taking this under advisement. Just an FYI information.

Until next time, good luck Dallas Cowboys! See you in Tampa in the playoffs!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367791 said:

Not anymore. :p

Not that I actually expect you to see that cause I doubt you'll be willing to comeback here after the loss. Hope I'm wrong about that with you though, cause you seem like a good one.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pittman4Two;2375401 said:

The Pewter Pirates left many-a-point on the field today. Without those points you can't add them to the scoreboard and in the end, the Cowboys scored more than we did...that's how they won.

It's great to see Roy Williams versatility by playing offense as well. If he played that well on defense, he probably would be better in coverage. I'm sure Wade and his dad are taking this under advisement. Just an FYI information.

Thanks for dropping by Pittman4two. Really nice to read your breakdown.

AlcoholicNinja

Wasted but Deadly
Reaction score

:laugh2: Great analyzation as usual P42. Come back soon.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score

Or maybe you'll be seeing us back here in Dallas for the playoffs!:D

And good luck the rest of the season.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score

Haha! Great breakdown and thank you.. I am glad to get some value out of RW as well. It is indeed a shame that he hasn't had as much recent success on deffense.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I knew Pittman4two would provide a gem even after losing, glad to see I was right.

hendog

Reaction score
Get in here and take your medicine. I hope you'll think twice about going on another teams board and acting like a tool.

How 'bout them Cowboys!