The Pewter Pirates are Setting Sail for Big D (Dallas)

Ren

Reaction score
:laugh2:

all we need now is some Leotis Brown and this week will be complete

Pittman4Two

Reaction score
David276;2363120 said:
lmaooo dude are you serious . not with what you said just you being here in general and your name

It's really difficult to read run-on sentences.

You typed a run-on sentence.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2362822 said:
Now, with Brad Johnson, there is a way to be successful.

First, you can't let a guy run for 160 yards and 3 TD's. I don't care how good your QB is, that's a big hill to climb back against. So, stop the run on defense.

Second, Johnson isn't going to throw any deep balls with any kind of effectiveness. Brad is about making the high percentage throws, hitting his targets in space and letting them make plays. So, don't ask the player to do things he can't do.

Third, you have a Pro Bowl RB in Marion Barber, use him. Control the clock, and grind out some yards with that massive OL. He's good. Real good. So, run the damn ball.

First, you are telling us that our team needs to stop the run on defense. You know, in case you have not noticed, the Cowboys have been one of the best run stopping teams in the NFL since 2005. Steven Jackson's outburst wasn't the first bad game the run defense has experienced since 2005. In fact, I would worry about your ability to run this week after Dallas' pathetic run d last week, because that game wasn't the norm for Dallas' run defense.

Second, your team gave up 158 yards on the ground @ Chicago in an over time win while your team could only muster 47 yards. Plus, your mighty defense gave up 405 yards of total offense in that game. Moreover, the good ole Bucs gave up 438 total yards against the Saints, with 337 coming through the air. Denver put up 106 yards rushing in their win over you. That was enough.

Third, your team is 1-2 on the road.

Fourth, your team is only 4-4 against the NFC East since 2005. That includes playoff losses to the Commanders and Giants at home. Furhermore, it includes the thrashing Tony Romo gave you on Thanksgiving. You better hope he doesn't play.

Fifth,

Your team is 1-4, straight up, in weed 8 of the NFL schedule since 2003.

I bet you didn't know that one. Perhaps, you might want to go to Tim Tebow's facebook page and talk to him about that one.

Pittman4Two

Reaction score
41gy#;2363747 said:
First, you are telling us that our team needs to stop the run on defense. You know, in case you have not noticed, the Cowboys have been one of the best run stopping teams in the NFL since 2005. Steven Jackson's outburst wasn't the first bad game the run defense has experienced since 2005. In fact, I would worry about your ability to run this week after Dallas' pathetic run d last week, because that game wasn't the norm for Dallas' run defense.

Firstly, you appear to be upset when typing this. Steven Jackson is no Earnest Graham.
Second, your team gave up 158 yards on the ground @ Chicago in an over time win while your team could only muster 47 yards. Plus, your mighty defense gave up 405 yards of total offense in that game. Moreover, the good ole Bucs gave up 438 total yards against the Saints, with 337 coming through the air. Denver put up 106 yards rushing in their win over you. That was enough.

We won the game in Chicago by scoring more points. What more do you need to know except that we put a W in the win column?

We've won more than that at home.
Fourth, your team is only 4-4 against the NFC East since 2005. That includes playoff losses to the Commanders and Giants at home. Furhermore, it includes the thrashing Tony Romo gave you on Thanksgiving. You better hope he doesn't play.

I remember that game. I am hoping he doesn't play. He's a big pile of scary...that Romo is.

Fifth,

No need to bring up carcinogenics, my friend.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
I mustache you a question. If Dallas wins this Sunday will you promise never to return to CowboysZone?

ThePaperChamp

Reaction score
Doctor32;2366678 said:
I mustache you a question. If Dallas wins this Sunday will you promise never to return to CowboysZone?

Dude, it could be worse. Pitt is good times...embrace it.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
41gy#;2363747 said:

You've only played 3 offenses that are based on the run. Cleveland, Washington and St. Louis. In 2 of those games, your "awesome" defense got beaten like rented mules.

Your defense is bad. No bones about it. Over 24 points per game? Yeah, a real shutdown bunch you are lining up. You have two players that we have to stop. Demarcus Ware and Greg Ellis. We contain those two, we'll control the ball game.

41gy#;2363747 said:

Still, no RB has rush for 100 yards, like I stated.

And all your stats prove is that we can keep up with teams in a shootout type game. Now, unless you believe that Brad Johnson is going to be involved in a shootout Sunday, none of that matters. Not against a defense that has the second most interceptions. Our D scores on mistakes too. Second best in the league there too, with 4.

Our game in Denver was a pathetic meltdown. That won't happen again. It's been the abberation, not the norm.

As far as Chicago, you are making the point that we found a way to win a football game. That should concern you.

I predict at least one defensive score Sunday, maybe 2.

41gy#;2363747 said:

About to be 2-2.

The only team you've played that is in our league, is the Philadelphia Eagles. And if you think you are going to put up 41 points on our defense, which you'll probably need, you are sorely mistaken.

41gy#;2363747 said:

Fifth,

I bet you didn't know that one. Perhaps, you might want to go to Tim Tebow's facebook page and talk to him about that one.

What does any of this dribble have to do with Bucs vs. Cowboys in Week 8?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You do realize you're a Tampa Bay fan, don't you? How about quit acting like your team is the second coming of the 70's Steelers or the 90's Cowboys. You're not. You can be beaten easily. Whether we do it or not depends on whether our players have gotten their act together. We're the more talented team, but we seem to lack leadership, heart, and direction. I'm waiting for these things to show up. We'll see if they do.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2367392 said:
We're the more talented team

To who? ESPN?

Our defense is better at every position. Our offensive line is far better. That's 16 of 22 positions. Witten, TO, Barber and Romo give you and edge at those positions.

Then there's our players coming off the bench. With the exception of Felix Jones, whom I absolutely admire, we have 6 or 7 guys that would start on your team in a heartbeat.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Ah, no. Not if we were healthy, you wouldn't. I'll take our receivers, tight ends, running backs, DBs (healthy and minus suspensions), and O line (again, healthy. I realize they've played like crap the past two games, but Flo is hurt and we're missing Kosier). Oh yea, I'll also take our QB if he was playing.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2367412 said:
DBs (healthy and minus suspensions), and O line (again, healthy. I realize they've played like crap the past two games, but Flo is hurt and we're missing Kosier).

laughing-smiley-007.gif
laughing-smiley-007.gif
laughing-smiley-007.gif
laughing-smiley-007.gif

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367403 said:
To who? ESPN?

Our defense is better at every position. Our offensive line is far better. That's 16 of 22 positions. Witten, TO, Barber and Romo give you and edge at those positions.

Then there's our players coming off the bench. With the exception of Felix Jones, whom I absolutely admire, we have 6 or 7 guys that would start on your team in a heartbeat.

You have a player better than demarcus ware on your defense?

That is news to me.

Congrats. there is no point in playing this game or any, the bucs are going to win the superbowl. Maybe 2 in a row.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
theebs;2367595 said:
You have a player better than demarcus ware on your defense?

That is news to me.

Congrats. there is no point in playing this game or any, the bucs are going to win the superbowl. Maybe 2 in a row.

Being better than the Dallas Cowboys right now is no feat.

We have bigger fish to fry, like the Giants and Commanders.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2366972 said:
You've only played 3 offenses that are based on the run. Cleveland, Washington and St. Louis. In 2 of those games, your "awesome" defense got beaten like rented mules.

Your defense is bad. No bones about it. Over 24 points per game? Yeah, a real shutdown bunch you are lining up. You have two players that we have to stop. Demarcus Ware and Greg Ellis. We contain those two, we'll control the ball game.

Still, no RB has rush for 100 yards, like I stated.

And all your stats prove is that we can keep up with teams in a shootout type game. Now, unless you believe that Brad Johnson is going to be involved in a shootout Sunday, none of that matters. Not against a defense that has the second most interceptions. Our D scores on mistakes too. Second best in the league there too, with 4.

Our game in Denver was a pathetic meltdown. That won't happen again. It's been the abberation, not the norm.

As far as Chicago, you are making the point that we found a way to win a football game. That should concern you.

I predict at least one defensive score Sunday, maybe 2.

About to be 2-2.

The only team you've played that is in our league, is the Philadelphia Eagles. And if you think you are going to put up 41 points on our defense, which you'll probably need, you are sorely mistaken.

What does any of this dribble have to do with Bucs vs. Cowboys in Week 8?

I didn't say our defense was "awesome" or "shutdown". When it is healthy and on its game, it is very good. You know, you really shouldn't be lecturing our team on run defense when we play in the NFC East. The team went 13-3 last year, and you don't do that without stout run defense. Dallas has the same players up front, except for Zach Thomas.

You know it doesn't take much courage to come over here and talk smack when the Cowboys are going to be without:

Tony Romo
Felix Jones
Kyle Kosier
Terence Newman
Pacman Jones
Anthony Spencer
Pat Watkins
Roy Williams

I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Remember, the Rebels of Ole Miss. They kind of chomped you down there, didn't they.

By the way, I would worry more about Jay Ratliff and not Ellis.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about the Gators, and I think Tim Tebow is the best fullback in the NCAA.

And I was coming here regardless of anything else.

We've been without a wealth of starters, but you don't hear me whine and complain. You trust the coaching staff has depth in the lineup, and can replace quality with quality.

Garcia was out for a month, we went 3-1.

Davin Joseph was out a month, we went 3-1.

Joey Galloway has been out 6 weeks, we've gone 5-1.

No Cadillac Williams. We lost 2 fullbacks and had to put our starting tailback, Earnest Graham, in at FB. We're going into this week without our #2 WR, Ike Hilliard, and that means Antonio Bryant and Micheal Clayton better step up. Warrick Dunn may be out, and if he is Micheal Bennett better be ready to go.

When a guy goes down, the others HAVE to step up and play football. Simple as that, no excuses.

Using injuries as an excuse is a loser's mentality.

DeadEagle

Reaction score
41gy#;2367653 said:
By the way, I would worry more about Jay Ratliff and not Ellis.

Jeff Faine and Davin Joseph negate Ratliff in a big way.

We'll be keying on Ware, and Ellis will likely have to have a big game if your defense plans on making a game of it.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367670 said:
I couldn't care less about the Gators, and I think Tim Tebow is the best fullback in the NCAA.

And I was coming here regardless of anything else.

We've been without a wealth of starters, but you don't hear me whine and complain. You trust the coaching staff has depth in the lineup, and can replace quality with quality.

Garcia was out for a month, we went 3-1.

Davin Joseph was out a month, we went 3-1.

Joey Galloway has been out 6 weeks, we've gone 5-1.

No Cadillac Williams. We lost 2 fullbacks and had to put our starting tailback, Earnest Graham, in at FB. We're going into this week without our #2 WR, Ike Hilliard, and that means Antonio Bryant and Micheal Clayton better step up. Warrick Dunn may be out, and if he is Micheal Bennett better be ready to go.

When a guy goes down, the others HAVE to step up and play football. Simple as that, no excuses.

Using injuries as an excuse is a loser's mentality.

Look. I think you have a really good team. I watched them play on Sunday night. I'm not using injuries as an excuse for the Cowboys. Dallas hasn't played well lately; however, if Romo, Newman, Pacman, and Spencer were on the field this week, I don't think you would be talking so boldly. Dallas has multiple guys out at major positions. When you have significant injuries at key positions, it is a little tougher than a plug here or a plug there.

All teams have to play with injuries, but Dallas will be without its Pro Bowl cornerback (Terence Newman) and its best cornerback it had playing (Pacman Jones). The Pro Bowl quarterback is out. If Tony Romo was playing in this game, your defense would be under the gun this week. If you dropped the safety in the box to stop the run, he would make you pay. The guy we have at LG isn't very good. The offensive line hasn't been the same since Kosier went out. Adams has a bad shoulder and they have to play him. Anthony Spencer was ready to take Ellis' job, and he was injured in the pre-season. Anthony Henry can't play the TE in the dime anymore, and he was doing a good job.

These are just facts, not excuses. It is easy to talk big when your opponent is weakened. This isn't the same Dallas team you will see after our bye coming up. Teams better get the Cowboys now, because if they wake up and get healthy, you might not want to play them down the road.

I'll tell you what, you guys better not test Orlando Scandrick in the slot. Teams have not been testing him for a reason.

Your team did well when those guys were out. However, you guys played a rookie quarterback, Wallace has made 5 starts, Rodgers is a first year starter, and Delhome is well known to you guys. Brees threw for 337 yards on your defense. Plus, Cutler didn't throw a pick.

Man, after that last game, no wonder you are confident. However, Arizona can play, and Dallas gave that game away on offense and special teams

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
DeadEagle;2367679 said:
Jeff Faine and Davin Joseph negate Ratliff in a big way.

We'll be keying on Ware, and Ellis will likely have to have a big game if your defense plans on making a game of it.

Good luck stopping DeMarcus Ware. You will need it. He will be looking for your tightends and running backs. Chris Samuels has a tough time with him, and he is one of the best in the NFL. Ratliff has the best motor on the team, and he can knock Leonard Davis down with a Reggie White move. He's really strong and quick, and Phillips will get him off the double team. He is one of the best inside pressure players in the NFL.

DeMarcus Ware is the heart and soul of the Dallas Cowboys defense, He will not be denied. You might want to run the other way, away from him. After last week, I'm sure the Bucs will.

Finally, Terence Newman is the best slot defender in the NFL, and he has been for the past three seasons. He shrinks the field and teams seldom throw his way. Newman put up a four year average (2004-2007) of 6.2 YPA according to K.C. Joyner's stats. That was second in the NFL during that four year time frame. Shawn Springs was number one with a 5.5.

Newman can play off man, press man, a little bump and run, and zone; furthermore, he does it all at an elite level. Newman is an elite player. He has taken Steve Smith all over the field and shut him down, twice. Who else has done it one time? He has shut down elite tightends in the slot. He saved two games last year with goalline interceptions, and the Cowboys really miss him. Plus, he is a leader. I don't think you know how big his absence is in these games. This is an elite player. He is very, very consistent, and he prevents big plays; therefore, he keeps points off the board.

If you have two players any better that Ware or Newman, I want to see them, because Ware and Newman are elite players in the NFL.