CFZ The pressure is on the wrong people

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
There's only like 5 of these a day. Complain about the coaches or the players as that might actually change. There's no point complaining about the Jones family as, barring death, they aren't going anywhere. Ever. Get over it.
Dude. There's no point in complaining about anything. EVER. Are you really this dense?

plasticman

Reaction score
As the years go by, my disappointment each season becomes less painful. That saddens me.

Then I remember the early 90's. Really, it never should have happened, that great 7-8 year stretch.

Why? Well, Law of Averages. I always figured that every team should have their era, the one that all their fans cherish even if they weren't around at the time and the Cowboys had a 20 year dynasty from 1966 to 1985. Three more Super Bowls in the 90's was just plain greedy from a "parity" perspective.

Of course, I dug it. The point is, historically speaking, the Cowboys have had their share and some shares that belonged to other teams. I was there enjoying every one of those championship years. So, shouldn't I be willing to endure the proportional losing years if I am a true fan? If another championship comes, great. If not, I understand the probabilities of 32 teams in the league, right?

Nope!

I want more and I think it can happen. I think the Cowboys have a chance despite Jerry Jones.

After all these years of team failure (The sports aspect not franchise sales), I think he could accidentally stumble upon a series of correct football decisions.

If Eli and the Giants can do it twice, couldn't Dak and the Cowboys do it at least once?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The pressure is on the wrong people in the Cowboys organization. Healthy organizations hold the people at the top accountable for results. If they don’t get the results desired they are replaced. Not in Big D.

Here the owner holds mid and low-level people accountable for mistakes made at the top. It’s completely dysfunctional. Here’s the undeniable truth of all healthy organizations: If the people at the top are not held accountable, you can have no accountability anywhere else in that organization. This the foundational flaw that makes all of this 28 year playoff drought so maddening.

I‘m all for putting pressure on coaches and players to perform at the highest level with focus, discipline and execution. Those men are professionals. Good leaders hold everyone accountable for results. But if they themselves are not accountable while the mid and lower level people are, it creates an organizational cancer that left unaddressed just festers.

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I want this team to win every game every year including this year. But I also have to be honest when I look at this organization and think, “Will this year be any different?” I just can’t say “yes” until something changes. I will happily be wrong if a miracle happens.
Now repeat .....12-5 in three consecutive years. Then go back to the morning of the GB game, were you blaming Jerry at that point, was anyone blaming Jerry .....he wasnt even a consideration. But when you're looking for blame, he comes front and center.

The organization does need a change of emphasis, and a professional GM is a must......,however, the main no.1 reason for that is that Jerry 'loves his own' and gets rinsed by agents.....front and center was the Dak/France and that last contract (particularly the NTC).

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The pressure is on the wrong people in the Cowboys organization. Healthy organizations hold the people at the top accountable for results. If they don’t get the results desired they are replaced. Not in Big D.

Here the owner holds mid and low-level people accountable for mistakes made at the top. It’s completely dysfunctional. Here’s the undeniable truth of all healthy organizations: If the people at the top are not held accountable, you can have no accountability anywhere else in that organization. This the foundational flaw that makes all of this 28 year playoff drought so maddening.

I‘m all for putting pressure on coaches and players to perform at the highest level with focus, discipline and execution. Those men are professionals. Good leaders hold everyone accountable for results. But if they themselves are not accountable while the mid and lower level people are, it creates an organizational cancer that left unaddressed just festers.

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I want this team to win every game every year including this year. But I also have to be honest when I look at this organization and think, “Will this year be any different?” I just can’t say “yes” until something changes. I will happily be wrong if a miracle happens.
Excellent point Bob!!!

This is why most publicly traded companies have rules in place against nepotism...........the entire process of holding people accountable falls apart if the employee that is screwing up is the CEO's daughter.

Relating this back to the Cowboys, as long as Jerry and his idiot boy dont have to answer to anybody, then screwing up is irrelevant and the lack of any consequences totally destroys any sense of accountability.

I mean, if I could show up at my job 2 hrs late every dam day and there were absolutely no consequences, why would I bother to ever be on time again???

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Preseason is imminent and it's still old man yells at clouds with this Jerry Jones whinging.

Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and then John Stephen Jones will be running the Cowboys for your lifetime and your children's lifetimes. If that changes, it will not be because of whinging about their perceived faults and errors on a message board.

I mean the cognitive dissonance that will occur should the team win would be delicious but how Mazi, Beebe, and Guyton perform is more impactful to game outcomes in the meantime.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4 needs
The pressure should be on these guys.
HC
OC
QB
OL coach.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Preseason is imminent and it's still old man yells at clouds with this Jerry Jones whinging.

Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and then John Stephen Jones will be running the Cowboys for your lifetime and your children's lifetimes. If that changes, it will not be because of whinging about their perceived faults and errors on a message board.

I mean the cognitive dissonance that will occur should the team win would be delicious but how Mazi, Beebe, and Guyton perform is more impactful to game outcomes in the meantime.
There's no chance of that happening.

Also, you are the old man yelling at clouds over other old men yelling at clouds. Is your own cognitive dissonance strong enough to make you self blind to your own hypocrisy?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now repeat .....12-5 in three consecutive years. Then go back to the morning of the GB game, were you blaming Jerry at that point, was anyone blaming Jerry .....he wasnt even a consideration. But when you're looking for blame, he comes front and center.
Wait. I am inserting myself into a question you have posed to @Bobhaze but I was interested in clarification. Does not possibly blaming Jerry Jones on the morning of January 14 earlier this year hold some specific significance?

I ask because some people (including myself) have blamed Jones, for poor football management oversight before that particular point in time, for the talking points BobHaze mentioned in his post. Would previous criticism on the topic somehow be mitigated or disregarded simply because it was not re-stated on the morning of that particular wild card game?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There's no chance of that happening.

Also, you are the old man yelling at clouds over other old men yelling at clouds. Is your own cognitive dissonance strong enough to make you self blind to your own hypocrisy?
Okay Nostradamus.

I am talking directly to my subject as opposed to what you are doing in your whinging about the team's owner and doomcasting.

kskboys

Reaction score

The organization does need a change of emphasis, and a professional GM is a must......,however, the main no.1 reason for that is that Jerry 'loves his own' and gets rinsed by agents.....front and center was the Dak/France and that last contract (particularly the NTC).
I was. A few blowouts against poor teams is not going to change my thoughts of Jerry. The signs of things to come were blatantly apparent vs BUFF, ARI, and SF. The GB was not shocking, not even in the very least.

kskboys

Reaction score
Wait. I am inserting myself into a question you have posed to @Bobhaze but I was interested in clarification. Does not possibly blaming Jerry Jones on the morning of January 14 earlier this year hold some specific significance?

I ask because some people (including myself) have blamed Jones, for poor football management oversight before that particular point in time, for the talking points BobHaze mentioned in his post. Would previous criticism on the topic somehow be mitigated or disregarded simply because it was not re-stated on the morning of that particular wild card game?
There were many of us who were not fooled by this fool's gold.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Just like the old site, the homers are a bigger problem than the haters. And the haters kinda slide into oblivion if you just ignore them. The homers give them credence.
The homers always end up being a bigger problem and it is really simple why - for all the criticism "the haters" get, they are at least keeping to the topic which is the Dallas Cowboys. "The homers" hijack topics and make them about "the haters" rather than the Dallas Cowboys.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
As the years go by, my disappointment each season becomes less painful. That saddens me.

Then I remember the early 90's. Really, it never should have happened, that great 7-8 year stretch.

Why? Well, Law of Averages. I always figured that every team should have their era, the one that all their fans cherish even if they weren't around at the time and the Cowboys had a 20 year dynasty from 1966 to 1985. Three more Super Bowls in the 90's was just plain greedy from a "parity" perspective.

Of course, I dug it. The point is, historically speaking, the Cowboys have had their share and some shares that belonged to other teams. I was there enjoying every one of those championship years. So, shouldn't I be willing to endure the proportional losing years if I am a true fan? If another championship comes, great. If not, I understand the probabilities of 32 teams in the league, right?

Nope!

I want more and I think it can happen. I think the Cowboys have a chance despite Jerry Jones.

After all these years of team failure (The sports aspect not franchise sales), I think he could accidentally stumble upon a series of correct football decisions.

If Eli and the Giants can do it twice, couldn't Dak and the Cowboys do it at least once?
I would agree with you except for the fact that I am convinced that the role Jerry played in those early 90s teams success is nothing like the role he/his family have today. And if that is indeed true, this regime cannot win. They have never won. And when you don't win you have to recognize why and make changes. And this regime has changed EVERYTHING except the 2 that men make the final decisions. And those same 2 guys are training their namesakes, so I don't see the cycle being broken anytime soon.

kskboys

Reaction score
The homers always end up being a bigger problem and it is really simple why - for all the criticism "the haters" get, they are at least keeping to the topic which is the Dallas Cowboys. "The homers" hijack topics and make them about "the haters" rather than the Dallas Cowboys.
It's always personal insults and constant attacks w/ them, using the umbrella of being a fan to get away w/ constant rule breaking, not to mention derailing any good convo that gets started.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sorry but "keeping it about the Cowboys" in reality is your whinging on two topics: Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott.

There are always several of them for you to whinge the same lines over and again while trying to divide the board into camps.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent point Bob!!!

This is why most publicly traded companies have rules in place against nepotism...........the entire process of holding people accountable falls apart if the employee that is screwing up is the CEO's daughter.

Relating this back to the Cowboys, as long as Jerry and his idiot boy dont have to answer to anybody, then screwing up is irrelevant and the lack of any consequences totally destroys any sense of accountability.

I mean, if I could show up at my job 2 hrs late every dam day and there were absolutely no consequences, why would I bother to ever be on time again???
True. And as all the organizational research shows, nepotism is cancerous in larger organizations. The mid and lower level employees are painfully aware that they will be held accountable for the mistakes of those at the top which fosters a lack of accountability everywhere and depresses motivation.

And throughout the organization it is painfully obvious that unlike everyone else, if you are a family member of the owner, you don’t have to be qualified to get to your position and don’t have to perform at high levels to keep your job.

We know the players know their head coach is NOT who they ultimately answer to. Which is also why having a HC in the last year of his contract as “motivation” is actually a bad idea because the players know if things go south early this season, they may abandon that ship.

The Cowboys have done this HC on a final year “motivation” 3 times before. Once with Wade Phillips in 2010. They started the season 1-7 and fired Phillips. They did with Garrett in 2014 and he had a good year going 12-4 but they lost in the divisional round at GB. And they did it again with Garrett in 2019, and did not make the playoffs.

So the whole “let’s motivate the head coach by hanging him over a cliff“ thing has a .333 success rate in the recent past.

Status
Not open for further replies.