CFZ The pressure is on the wrong people

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s Great to be King, most here are just upset that they are merely pawns/sheep on Jerry’s chessboard. Host up your tribute to King Jerry. Baaaaa, Baaaaa!
Boy, did you read this one wrong. Day drinking, perhaps?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The pressure is on the wrong people in the Cowboys organization. Healthy organizations hold the people at the top accountable for results. If they don’t get the results desired they are replaced. Not in Big D.

Here the owner holds mid and low-level people accountable for mistakes made at the top. It’s completely dysfunctional. Here’s the undeniable truth of all healthy organizations: If the people at the top are not held accountable, you can have no accountability anywhere else in that organization. This the foundational flaw that makes all of this 28 year playoff drought so maddening.

I‘m all for putting pressure on coaches and players to perform at the highest level with focus, discipline and execution. Those men are professionals. Good leaders hold everyone accountable for results. But if they themselves are not accountable while the mid and lower level people are, it creates an organizational cancer that left unaddressed just festers.

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I want this team to win every game every year including this year. But I also have to be honest when I look at this organization and think, “Will this year be any different?” I just can’t say “yes” until something changes. I will happily be wrong if a miracle happens.
As the saying goes “The fish rots from the head down”.
And we all know who the head is in the Cowboys org.

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s hundreds and thousands of threads , along with different forums page after page we can all respond to. If it’s a subject matter which doesn’t interest you then look for one that does.

Otherwise Homers continually calling out those more critical fans becomes troll like behavior just like the Haters calling out those in support of the subject . Homers can be Haters too.
Just like the old site, the homers are a bigger problem than the haters. And the haters kinda slide into oblivion if you just ignore them. The homers give them credence.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zr3pt0H.gif
lmao...Yeah, DE, sometimes like you have admitted, you are a little nuts and may be in need for some therapy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Back to my original point. I’m on the right side of the argument, trying to be positive. You’re on the wrong side, becoming bitter with your hate. See, I’m trying to help you out but you can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink.
No, Rockport, you have it all wrong. It's, you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil has to be lead.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Oh look, another poster complaining about a thread topic. How original.
There's only like 5 of these a day. Complain about the coaches or the players as that might actually change. There's no point complaining about the Jones family as, barring death, they aren't going anywhere. Ever. Get over it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's only like 5 of these a day. Complain about the coaches or the players as that might actually change. There's no point complaining about the Jones family as, barring death, they aren't going anywhere. Ever. Get over it.
:thumbup:

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I honestly am just waiting to see what happens when Jerry is no longer here, which if we're being honest, isnt very much longer...We can guess all day about what his day to day involvement still is but we know he has some involvement in something.

When Jerry is gone, then we will really see if it was Jerry holding us back or if It's exactly the same. Was Jerry taking ownership for Stephen's mistakes? Was Stephen taking the fall for Jerry wanting to not spend the cap?

If Jerry's gone and we immediately see a shift in front office and team philosophy then we know who the problem truly was, but if it's run exactly the same then I don't see how I could continue to support it

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly am just waiting to see what happens when Jerry is no longer here, which if we're being honest, isnt very much longer...We can guess all day about what his day to day involvement still is but we know he has some involvement in something.

When Jerry is gone, then we will really see if it was Jerry holding us back or if It's exactly the same. Was Jerry taking ownership for Stephen's mistakes? Was Stephen taking the fall for Jerry wanting to not spend the cap?

If Jerry's gone and we immediately see a shift in front office and team philosophy then we know who the problem truly was, but if it's run exactly the same then I don't see how I could continue to support it
That’s an interesting point. The last time we changed regimes in 1989, it took a great HC and a couple of seasons to get really good. Things usually doesn’t change immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.