The QB salary argument

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean seriously. It’s a dumb narrative. It only counts if there’s less than 2 minutes left right? God forbid he give the defense the lead with 4 minutes left and not less than 2.

it’s poor logic.

like. It only counts if he happens to win the game and leaves zero time left for The defense to crap the bed.?

Expecting that week in and week out is insanity.

God forbid he didn't have 2 turnovers in the game that Seattle scored 14 points off of

HungryLion

Reaction score
Alot of NFL games are decided in the last 2 minutes...it's not a dumb narrative

No it’s a dumb narrative. You’re expecting it to happen every week. Lots of football games are also won and lost in the last 4 minutes of the game.

The offense gave the defense a lead with 4 minutes to go yesterday. We needed exactly one play on defense to essentially ice the game. Do they do it? Nope. Instead they give up a TD.

shoot, the defense couldn’t even force a FG. So that the offense only needed 3 going back the opposite direction. Nope. They give up a touchdown instead forcing our offense to need a TD. Not even a FG.

but yes. That lack of win in the last 2 minutes. Man that’s just all on the quarterback.

:rolleyes:

HungryLion

Reaction score
God forbid he didn't have 2 turnovers in the game that Seattle scored 14 points off of

God forbid the defense actually force a turnover. And not be 30th in the league at forcing turnovers. Just like they were like 26th in the league last year at forcing turnovers.

We lose the turnover battle consistently because the defense doesn’t force them.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I do not want to be mediocre.

What has Dak shown that makes anyone believe he can make a ton of money and us not fall into the abyss of mediocrity?

I may be a delusional Cowboy fan but I feel like Dallas has a better team than Seattle talent wise but the difference is Russell Wilson & they don't do bonehead things.
What boneheaded things?

I'll wait...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear ya about the concerns with paying Dak. I do. I don’t blame ya.

I just have the same concerns about them actually building a defense good enough to win with mediocre QB play if they fail to find an adequate replacement.

Completely hear that too. Finding balance is the key as we can't pay everyone. Can't afford to pay guys who aren't productive and they need to learn to move on from guys instead of breaking the bank for them.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
No it’s a dumb narrative. You’re expecting it to happen every week. Lots of football games are also won and lost in the last 4 minutes of the game.

The offense gave the defense a lead with 4 minutes to go yesterday. We needed exactly one play on defense to essentially ice the game. Do they do it? Nope. Instead they give up a TD.

shoot, the defense couldn’t even force a FG. So that the offense only needed 3 going back the opposite direction. Nope. They give up a touchdown instead forcing our offense to need a TD. Not even a FG.

but yes. That lack of win in the last 2 minutes. Man that’s just all on the quarterback.

:rolleyes:

Don't put words in my mouth i don't expect anything to happen every week...i just expect a QB who wants to be paid like a top 3 QB to win some of those games when he has the ball with 2 minutes left in the game....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Don't put words in my mouth i don't expect anything to happen every week...i just expect a QB who wants to be paid like a top 3 QB to win some of those games when he has the ball with 2 minutes left in the game....

And he just did two weeks ago and he put the team in a position to win yesterday.

Thanks for sharing your expectation that has nothing to do with the point of the thread though.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Do we pay Dak more than Wilson ?

th

This thread isn’t about the exact amount Dak should be paid. It’s about the concept of choosing to go with a cheaper option at QB, to use the cap dollars to pay other players because it will theoretically lead to more team success.

Get that through your thick, myopic head.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
And he just did two weeks ago and he put the team in a position to win yesterday.

Thanks for sharing your expectation that has nothing to do with the point of the thread though.

Great now lets see him do it occasionally against some better teams and not need a miracle onside kick to go his way in order to beat a 0-3 team...that we trailed by 15-20 points most of the game. Always glad to share

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This thread isn’t about the exact amount Dak should be paid. It’s about the concept of choosing to go with a cheaper option at QB, to use the cap dollars to pay other players because it will theoretically lead to more team success.

Get that through your thick, myopic head.
So, we aren’t going to pay Dak now? Lol

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I do not want to be mediocre.

What has Dak shown that makes anyone believe he can make a ton of money and us not fall into the abyss of mediocrity?

I may be a delusional Cowboy fan but I feel like Dallas has a better team than Seattle talent wise but the difference is Russell Wilson & they don't do bonehead things.
What else can you ask of Dak in yesterday's game? Inspite of all those mistakes, including his own, no running game, a makeshift OL that was reshuffled in game, he brought the team back to take the lead late in the game. As usual, unless he drains every second, the defense did not make that one critical stop. They had Seattle 4th and 3 and let them get it. Last week he brought them back in the same fashion, and even in the first game they were an academy award winning acting job by Ramsey from having a chance to win against the Rams.

Dak is the least of our problems. Other high priced players are the problem. Tank, Jaylon and Crawford are playing terrible. Lael cant even get in shape, Tyron is toast, Lee and Vader Esh are hurt again. Funny how those who have already been paid are never at fault or criticized, but the one who deserves to be paid is. We should pay Dak and get rid of those high priced players who are not dependable, and build with younger cheaper players who are hungry.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Do we pay Dak more than Wilson ?

th

at the time Wilson signed no, but you live in a vacuum if your saying wilsons contract currently holds the market, by your logic wilson should switch teams every year or have Seattle redo his contract every year...is that a real idea?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Great now lets see him do it occasionally against some better teams and not need a miracle onside kick to go his way in order to beat a 0-3 team...that we trailed by 15-20 points most of the game. Always glad to share

Ok great. I’ll occasionally expect to see the defense actually force a turnover, or get a stop at the end of games.

ya know the highly paid defensive players we already have that do nothing. Which is a major theme of this thread.

I won’t hold my breath on them actually making a play though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
at the time Wilson signed no, but you live in a vacuum if your saying wilsons contract currently holds the market, by your logic wilson should switch teams every year or have Seattle redo his contract every year...is that a real idea?
No, it’s about what is Daks value in relation to Wilson’s.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes, please..

Oh gosh you're wanting me to go through all the stupidity we've seen from this team again? No thanks.

Just yesterday I got to watch Tony Pollard fumble the ball at the 1 yard line only to allow a safety and our PAT unit not be able to do the most simplest of jobs and make a PAT.

We've seen horrible coaching decisions and stupid plays all throughout these 1st 3 games...

Mental errors all around by players and coaches.

Dallas is a boneheaded sloppy team.. Have you been just listening to Sham on the radio or something? Following Rockports posts?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Let’s put faith in the GM’s who overpaid Lawrence, overpaid Jaylon and overpaid Crawford. While passing on TJ Watt.

and who LUCKED into Dak because they wanted to start Paxton freaking lynch.

but yes. Let’s trust them to draft Dak’s replacement and then use the money savings to sign other defenders to big deals.
The only person who wanted Lynch was Jed. Had to be talked out of it.

He's the reason these half wits are over-paid.

He wears his wallet on his sleeve for his personal favorites.

25 years of a crap product ain't on Dakota.......

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The problem is any player taking up that much cap space has got to make other players around him better and he doesn't. What he does do is eat the same amount of cap space as Dlaw, Jaylon, crawford and griffen (technically griffen puts this grp about 800k over) . Dak is good but not great and he still requires a ton of talent around him to be good. Those other guys have the same issue but none have the singular impact on the cap that Dak has. Shouldn't they learn the lesson from extending guys to big deals that do not deserve it?
what he lacks is a defense!