The QB salary argument

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The results this year thus far should have no impact on Daks salary negotiations.

Im sure he still believes he’s Elite and should be paid as such.

Fans attach far too much value on the teams success to their QB.
Dak is on pace to pass for 6,336 yards. That would shatter Peyton Manning's single season passing record of 5,477 yards by 859 yards. Almost 1,000 yards more. Incredible!

Indeed, Dak is proving he is elite and worth big pay.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboy are 0-3...and it's all because of the defense and not Dak. Well, the Cowboys did win 1* game, not because of Dak and some of you really want to break the bank and team for him? This like a bunch of girls fighting over a man just because. It really seems that some of you and Dak his bad self don't want to win a SB, you just want him to make as much money as he can get, to hell with the team.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is on pace to pass for 6,336 yards. That would shatter Peyton Manning's single season passing record of 5,477 yards by 859 yards. Almost 1,000 yards more. Incredible!

And a baseball player who hits a home run in each of his 1st 3 games is on pace for 162 home runs in a season...never happens though. Dak will get nowhere close to 6000 yards this season...lmao...and he won't get close to Mannings record either

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he is carrying the team. Unless you want him to play defense, what else can he do to carry the team. Yeah he made his mistakes, but he put the team, bad defense and ol, on his shoulders and took the lead late in the game. Where were the high priced defensive players? I'll tell you, Tank was on the sidelines, and Jaylon was chasing the wrong guy on the 4th down play. I guess Dak should have been on defense too.

we are literally arguing the same thing. Dak would have had to play a perfect game yesterday in order to win. He didn’t do that. Am I blaming him for the loss? Absolutely not

Diehardblues

Reaction score

That’s right. Who cares if the team has successor not.

All of the great passers in the league did’t have great team success like Peyton ? Right??

Dak is one of the greatest regardless if we suk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And a baseball player who hits a home run in each of his 1st 3 games is on pace for 162 home runs in a season...never happens though. Dak will get nowhere close to 6000 yards this season...lmao...and he won't get close to Mannings record either
The way this running attack is looking so abysmal and the defense keeps sucking, I will put my bets in favor of Dak breaking Peyton's single season passing record.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s right. Who cares if the team has success or not.

All of the great passers in the league did’t have great team success like Peyton ? Right??

Dak is the greatest regardless if we suk.
You would prefer Dak suck just as much as our rushing attack, defense and special teams?

Yeah, you truly show your ignorance and personal bias against Dak, Greg. It must be eating you alive to see Dak tearing it up with the pass. Stop passing the ball so much Dak. Greg is not happy. Lmao.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Here’s one of my issues if the team decides to not pay Dak.

I have heard all the arguments that Dak wants too much money and it will hamstring the salary cap.

Well, Dak is one of the best players on the team (he is you know it’s true) and he plays the most important position in football.

So we are supposed to move on from Dak and risk the very real possibility of having worse QB play. So we can “sign other players and get better play on the rest of the team”

Really?

sign other players like who? DeMarcus Lawrence?

like Jaylon Smith?

like Tyrone Crawford?

These scrub bums have massive deals and DO NOTHING.

so y’all want to risk having worse QB play so our wonderful GM’s Jerry and Stephen can turn around and sign some more scrub, bum defenders who make a ton of cash and DO NOTHING?

How about DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylon Smith and Tyrone Crawford actually play up to their contract? If those 3 guys actually played to their level of pay. The cowboys defense would be legit good rather than giving up 5 touchdown passes yesterday.

But I’m supposed to hope for the cowboys to sign a worse QB or risk drafting one when they’ve shown little ability to do so, so they can turn around and give the money to defenders, despite the cowboys front office burning cash consistently on BUMS on defense?

that’s supposed to make sense?

Y’all worried about the cap are worried about the wrong cap management issue. Don’t throw 20 mil on DE’s who don’t get sacks.

don’t throw millions at a linebacker who doesn’t know where he is going and has made zero plays.

don’t throw nearly 10 mil at a BACKUP level DL player.

it’s a joke.

Jaylon Smith contract is notthat bad and he also is not that bad of a player. The other 2 I'm with you on

I guess the question is if x,y,& z have bad deals then why not give A a bad deal?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You would prefer Dak suck just as much as our rushing attack, defense and special teams?

Yeah, you truly show your ignorance and personal bias against, Greg. It must be eating you alive to see Dak tearing it up with the pass. Stop passing the ball so much Dak. Greg is not happy. Lmao.
Yea, I can’t wait to hold the Lombardi with Dak.

Everyone hated me when I was serious. Who cares? This is much more fun.
th

HungryLion

Reaction score
I just want to point out.

I’ve been arguing for 2 years to extend Dak because I recognized what he was and said the price was only going to go up.

against people like “let’s wait and see”

Could have had Dak for around the same price as Goff or Wentz.

What’s happened. The price skyrocketed. Just like some of us have been hollering for 2 years now.

the current cap
Predicament we are in with Dak’s contract doesn’t surprise me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just want to point out.

I’ve been arguing for 2 years to extend Dak because I recognized what he was and said the price was only going to go up.

against people like “let’s wait and see”

Could have had Dak for around the same price as Goff or Wentz.

What’s happened. The price skyrocketed. Just like some of us have been hollering for 2 years now.

the current cap
Predicament we are in with Dak’s contract doesn’t surprise me.
I went to bat for Dak this summer and was bashed for that. We get bashed regardless in this forum.

Might as well have some fun cause if fans don’t like or agree with your message then they’ll bash you anyway.

There’s really no sound analysis or critique respected on this forum. You’re either with us or against us mentality. Just like we see in the world today. Sad. Well , I’m going to have some fun.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I went to bat for Dak this summer and was bashed for that. We get bashed regardless in this forum.

Might as well have some fun cause if fans don’t like or agree with your message then they’ll bash you anyway.

There’s really no sound analysis or critique respected on this forum. You’re either with us or against us mentality. Just like we see in the world today. Sad. Well , I’m going to have some fun.

Is that why you’ve seemingly decided to just troll?

I noticed a change in you. You’ve snapped like the joker in Batman. Jerry finally broke you I suppose.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Right. Can’t wait until we pay Dak.

Again, I'm all for winning, the problem is when someone says don't pay him this and that's what he gets from another team...Tell me how that helps us in winning? either pay him and fix the D or blow it up and draft someone these are your options....no QB is winning with a defense giving up 40 points a game....no rookie no veteran no elite tier no top tier none....