The running game thread

chicago JK

Reaction score
I don't think they cut Randle. And even though I think he is a spare, I wouldn't cut him right now either. I do think they should give the majority of carries to McFadden and Michael for a week or so. To be honest, they all are pretty spare so I wouldn't expect much out of any. Although maybe you catch a lightning in the bottle that gives this team some spark. Right now, outside of a one good run out of 8-10 carries there is not much there.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Our OL isn't playing as well as last year. Romo and Dez are out. And for some inexplicable reason, you think Murray here this year would have success running the ball. Even though Murray has done absolutely jack squat the first 4 games in Philly. Yeah, OK. Sorry, I'm not drinking that kool-aid.

All I heard was how great our OL was. Maybe it's missing Murray's blocking and team leadership. Something severely missing with Randle. All Randle does is fall down. Talk about leaving meat on the bone. The running game didn't impress me that much when Romo was playing. Don't know how Murray would have done this year but if you let him go you must replace him and I don't mean with scrubs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All I heard was how great our OL was. Maybe it's missing Murray's blocking and team leadership. Something severely missing with Randle. All Randle does is fall down. Talk about leaving meat on the bone. The running game didn't impress me that much when Romo was playing. Don't know how Murray would have done this year but if you let him go you must replace him and I don't mean with scrubs.

I think Randle in a certain role is a very good player I don't think he is a guy who is going to carry the bigger load. Thus far he is getting the majority of the carries, I hope to see that change.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think Randle in a certain role is a very good player I don't think he is a guy who is going to carry the bigger load. Thus far he is getting the majority of the carries, I hope to see that change.

He's a backup. He's a complimentary player. That's what he's best at.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
All I heard was how great our OL was. Maybe it's missing Murray's blocking and team leadership. ... Don't know how Murray would have done this year but if you let him go you must replace him and I don't mean with scrubs.

How much is Philly benefitting with Murray's "blocking and leadership?" Hint: They are not. We replaced Murray just fine. The problem is the OL isn't playing as well this year and Romo and Dez are out.

By the way, Murray is nothing more than a scrub so far. 47 Yards through 4 games. Let that sink in for a minute.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Like my Randle thread last week, he's still nothing but a complimentary back. He if he jumps over the pile again I would kick him off this team! Notice he didn't play much after that.

Dmac sucks. Plain and simple. Paycheck eater,

Nice pressure on Cmike, putting him in on 3rd and 1, out of nowhere, and then never giving him the ball again, while Dmac is smashing into the rookie LB and looking weak!

And Dunbar, sucks for him, but he never should have taken it out.

During the game this actually made me laugh. NO had no idea that we would hand the ball off to the kid di they? Might as well just told them the play. That was sad coaching right there.

Aven8

Reaction score
During the game this actually made me laugh. NO had no idea that we would hand the ball off to the kid di they? Might as well just told them the play. That was sad coaching right there.

That was the Switzer Philly game all over again. Way to fool them!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How much is Philly benefitting with Murray's "blocking and leadership?" Hint: They are not. We replaced Murray just fine. The problem is the OL isn't playing as well this year and Romo and Dez are out.

By the way, Murray is nothing more than a scrub so far. 47 Yards through 4 games. Let that sink in for a minute.

In Philly offensive system your right however not all offensive systems are the same and in Dallas Murray was a much better fit for what we do.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if we have Adrian Peterson back there.. if Romo is not there and the threat to pass isn't there this average oline won't open up holes. Listen this group of oline is the most over hyped group on this damn team. Even last year when it mattered most they crumbled under pressure...remember the Detroit game? I want to see the so called best offensive line in history do something ..

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
:huh:....he looked hesitate and confused, he was not quick. If he was quick, he would have immediately bounced it outside. He was not physicsl at all, he didn't have a chance to be, and part because he hesitated.
Yes, everyone knew what the play was going to be. But I was not impressed. I am not saying he is a bust or wasted trade as we need to see more though either.

Not sure where you seen he was hesitate. From what I saw her took the handoff and tried to explode, spinning trying to pickup yards. Did not see him just stand there at all

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In Philly offensive system your right however not all offensive systems are the same and in Dallas Murray was a much better fit for what we do.

This is the part he either doesn't understand or refuses to accept.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is the part he either doesn't understand or refuses to accept.

True, what Philly does and how they use Murray is much different than how Dallas used him. I don't know if having Murray right now or a quality RB would change the outcome of the past 2 games it is hypothetical and can't be determined outside of guessing. I do think it would make the task in front of this team a bit easier.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, what Philly does and how they use Murray is much different than how Dallas used him. I don't know if having Murray right now or a quality RB would change the outcome of the past 2 games it is hypothetical and can't be determined outside of guessing. I do think it would make the task in front of this team a bit easier.

The intelligence quotient of the offense would be markedly improved if nothing else. And by "markedly", I mean at least 100 IQ points. Minimum.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The intelligence quotient of the offense would be markedly improved if nothing else. And by "markedly", I mean at least 100 IQ points. Minimum.

I think having a quality RB in the back field would be a big help. I can't say that if that 1 thing was different we could clearly win, I don't know that. I do think it would give us a better chance.
I hate hypothetical questions because they always tend to be based on ones own bias yet it is a complete unknown that can't be answered

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if we have Adrian Peterson back there.. if Romo is not there and the threat to pass isn't there this average oline won't open up holes. Listen this group of oline is the most over hyped group on this damn team. Even last year when it mattered most they crumbled under pressure...remember the Detroit game? I want to see the so called best offensive line in history do something ..

Murray ran better with a much less talented OL in front of him.