***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The hypocrisy in my view is that last week when Blandino said "there was no undisputed evidence that there was a push/touch before the ball arrived" EVERYBODY pull all the jokes on him and shouted loud about how they thought he was wrong and kept bringing the shot of him come off the Cowboys bus...

This week however..EVERYBODY is shouting how Blandino "The Expert" now is correct and did the right thing

:cool:

Does that shock you? the media has been on this cowboys hate train for decades. and last week it all came out in the open yet again.the pressure they put on the NFL last week help lead to this BS screw job. it's a sickening disgrace.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I for one will not be watching the NFC championship games this weekend in protest of one of the biggest cheating screw jobs in NFL history. i will not be a party to this BS. the NFL treated good guys like Romo and Witten like trash. and they treated the cowboys franchise like trash. screw them. i will not be watching.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The NFL is entertainment first and foremost. They will do what is in their power to entertain you.

The question isn't whether or not you agree with the call. The question is, were you entertained?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'm willing to give officials a ton of leeway on judgment calls in real time. But there is zero excuse for screwing up a call on replay.

This play and the Lions play are worlds apart for this reason alone.

But you were entertained on Sunday, right? The NFL has openly admitted that they are in the entertainment business. Entertainment means that the outcome can be influenced by the league. The rules are written by lawyers who realize how much gray area exists. Then they shove Pereira on TV to convince the public that the rules are fair.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Not really.

Like I stated previously, the rule sucks and in my mind it was a catch...but the rule in place states he has to maintain control throughout in that situation...he did not.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Let's say, for discussion purposes, that the Dez play isn't overturned and the Cowboys score on the next play (highly likely).

I assume the Cowboys go for 2 at that point to make it a 3 point game. Anybody know the average conversion rate on 2 pt conversions. How about the Cowboys conversion percentage for the season.

At that point the Packers have the ball with 3:30 - 4:00 minutes left and 0 time-outs.

What scenarios play out?

The one I think is most likely is the Packers drive down and end up kicking a field goal with maybe 1 minute left and the Cowboys have maybe a minute or so to try to the same.

I suspect the game goes into overtime.

Has anybody used the game outcome calculator to see what the odds of the Cowboys and/or Packers win is based on the outcome of the over-turned call. I ready somewhere that either way the Packers had a greater likelihood of winning, however, that seems odd to me since the Cowboys would have the lead in the scenario where Dez is given that catch.

I think Demarcus Lawrence sacks Rodgers on third down leaving them with a desperation pass on 4th and 25 that is no good.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is everyone aware that the officials allowed 40 seconds to tick off the clock after the controversial call? They never put the time back on the clock. Forty seconds is a lot of time to lose if the OP's scenario took place.

I haven't gone back to watch. Was it really 40 seconds?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I understand that some of if not most of you are pissed about the call made...but it is over now.

What if...Romo was seriously injured again when he had the knee thing ?

What's done is done.

Boyz981

Reaction score
I understand that some of if not most of you are pissed about the call made...but it is over now.

What's done is done.

Coming from a person that knows his team was done 8 weeks into the season!! LOL .... I kid

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's falling for sure but makes a football move which completes the catch process

Right, the football move is the key. It makes the ball touching the ground irrelevant.

Most of the guys on here aren't capable of being honest about it. They'll tell you Anthony Hitchens didn't interfere the week prior. He did and we got a gift that might have decided the game. This week we got screwed on a call that might have decided the game.

It is what it is.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I was thinking if we get ball and score. Packers get kickoff.
We missed out, as did the rest of the viewers on maybe the best last 2:30 in a gajme this year.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Coming from a person that knows his team was done 8 weeks into the season!! LOL .... I kid

And that has what to do with what ?

I get that you are trash talking...I am not however. It is very obvious when I go down that road.

The teams I root for have their own problems for sure, but it is a rarity that I come here to bash your team or players.
But yeah, the Commanders sucked like it was their job this season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking when they were reviewing it that our POS defense will give up the winning score. There was too much time. So I didn't think that play won the game.

But so what? Who cares what I think? They made the play. They were going to score. It shouldn't have been taken away from them. They earned the chance to blow it.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

What's done is done.

Sorry man, advice like that coming from a fan of another team probably won't go over too well here right now

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Sorry man, advice like that coming from a fan of another team probably won't go over too well here right now

I know man. Sucks to be in that situation.
Not that I was rooting for your team, I just felt it was a tough call to basically shut it down for your team. I do think it was called correctly however.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I would think Rodgers just drives down and scored based on how their last drive was going but that Dez catch and a follow up TD would have been a huge momentum swing so I think our D would have got the job done.