***The Second Call/NonCall good/bad conspiracy etc thread***merged**

SDCowboy

Reaction score
With our D, we probably still lose because all they'd need is a field goal.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You mean the same D that stopped teams all year on potential game winning drives?

I mean the same D that got torched the second half of the game. And the same D that allowed them to score with 40 seconds on the clock in the first hafl...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Is everyone aware that the officials allowed 40 seconds to tick off the clock after the controversial call? They never put the time back on the clock. Forty seconds is a lot of time to lose if the OP's scenario took place.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday on some show, I think it was on some ESPN show. One thing I would like for Garrett to keep in mind during games like this is something Landry was the king of. Not using your time outs. In a close game, time outs are golden, and we really should work on making sure all of our T's are crossed and i's are dotted during the course of the game, incase we need those time outs coming down the stretch. My 2 cents.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I mean the same D that got torched the second half of the game.

They get torched a lot, but come on, they did a solid job of denying game winning drives all year, up to and including the Detroit game. I think having a chance to see it play out would have been great. If they lose, then so be it.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
They get torched a lot, but come on, they did a solid job of denying game winning drives all year, up to and including the Detroit game. I think having a chance to see it play out would have been great. If they lose, then so be it.

All that matters is the current game at hand...and in that game, I have zero confidence that they would have kept them out of the endzone.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Your definition of the lions screwing it up applies to the Cowboys too. They screwed up by not getting the packers off the field, and letting them kill the clock. I don't want to be an NFL apologist. I think the rule is terrible and I also think we should have had time out back on the clock. I just think the conspiracy theories are a joke.

Don't forget how 34 seconds should have been put back on the clock. They let it run off when they called it compete. Turnover on downs would've stopped the clock.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm willing to give officials a ton of leeway on judgment calls in real time. But there is zero excuse for screwing up a call on replay.

This play and the Lions play are worlds apart for this reason alone.

Yup. Blandino changes his descriptions and explanations of the plays and the rules to fit whatever decision he chose to make at the time. Remember everyone, the referee on the field staring right at the catch 3 yards away rules it a catch and down at the 1. Blandino supported the referee call on the same play last year, saying the ball hitting the ground later was not an issue and the referee called it possession and there was no reason to overturn.

Why isn't anyone on NFLN or ESPN or Dallas media asking Blandino about this blatant hypocrisy and/or deceit?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Don't forget how 34 seconds should have been put back on the clock. They let it run off when they called it compete. Turnover on downs would've stopped the clock.

Total incompetence. To be fair, Garrett should have asked for that as well. He, like everyone else, was too stunned by the reversal probably.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
After the catch was ruled not a catch at least 34 seconds should have been put back on the clock because the clock should've stopped on the turnover on downs. This could have changed the game. It also shows more incompetence of the NFL officials.

If this has already been posted please remove this. I didn't see it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
All that matters is the current game at hand...and in that game, I have zero confidence that they would have kept them out of the endzone.

Perhaps, but as Risen and others have mentioned, the team and everyone else was cheated out of the game being decided on the field and a great last few minutes of back and forth.

We may or may not have punched it in from the 1 (likely so)
We may or may not have made the 2 pt conversion (50/50)

After that, Green Bay would need to score and had plenty of time to do so, but anything could have happened. They could have tied it, won it, turned it over, we could have got the ball back for a last minute try, etc.

We will never know. The game was taken away from the players and the fans so the NFL could prove whatever point they wanted to make.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I expected the cowboy hating national media to move on fast and they already have. after spending all last week crying about the ref picking up the flag.ESPN was so outraged. yet no outrage at all now.but i want to know why Jerry, Stephen or Garrett, are not outraged and throwing a fit about this massive screw job by the NFL and their refs?good guys like Romo and Witten, deserve better than this. they may never get another chance to win a championship again. FIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM JERRY.WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

EST_1986

Reaction score
Wouldn't have changed anything, we may have got to see one more Rodgers kneel down

Staubacher

Reaction score
Refs were probably stunned too by their call being reversed. Everybody was. But yeah that is their job and they failed at it.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
A gift? A 3rd and 1 turned into a 4th and one in a half Detroit got stomped. That happens all the time,

A clutch 40 yard td got called back bc of ..."definitive evidence " of a gray rule 99% of ppl disagree with(cowboys haters and karma seekers inuded). Robbing everyone of a gunslinger battle for the ages

Right, the football move is the key. It makes the ball touching the ground irrelevant.

Most of the guys on here aren't capable of being honest about it. They'll tell you Anthony Hitchens didn't interfere the week prior. He did and we got a gift that might have decided the game. This week we got screwed on a call that might have decided the game.

It is what it is.

A hit

Staubacher

Reaction score
Taking the high road I guess and don't want to anger their buddies in the NFL.

Funny how all last week Dallas moving on was described every time as "aided by the refs" but you don't hear that about GB this week.

Green Bay had work to do after gifted the call but not as much as us vs Detroit.

They had to:

Run off the last 4 minutes of clock with a few first downs. To their credit they did that.

We had to:

Get ball back after 4th and 1 (not jump offsides)
Drive 60 yards for a TD
Stop Detroit from scoring with 2:30 left and their timeouts

So who was "aided" more by a ref decision - us or Green Bay?