The simple truth of Dak Prescott

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good gosh......I refuse to talk with spin masters.
Don't play the fool...... you're much smarter than this
You replied to me. You said it’s a rumor. I was replying to his post as a whole and it’s not a rumor to me. I don’t know what to tell you.....

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't think DeVonte Adams, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb in their prime were comparable? And GB didn't have Zeke taking a share of the offensive load.

Clearly Rodgers could have put up more than one 300+ypg season, but the Packers were worried about winning, not just piling up all the passing yards they could.

The point is, it doesn't take passing for 300+ yards per game to get to have team success, much less the 325 you mentioned for Dak. In 2019 the Chiefs won it all with Mahomes throwing for 288 ypg. The Pats won in 2018 with Brady throwing for 272 ypg, AND with the 5th best rushing team in the NFL. The Eagles won in 2017 and only averaged 248 ypg passing, but had the 3rd best rushing team in the NFL. In short, teams don't feel they have to put up the best fantasy passing numbers to win. It's all about how to move the ball and control the game.

And no, they didn't pay Amari that kind of money not to pass it, nor did they pay Zeke that kind of money not to run it. They paid that kind of money to have all the weapons they could - so teams couldn't load up stopping one aspect of the team without getting beat by another. Besides, they can still pass it plenty without Dak averaging 300 ypg, much less the 325 you talked about.

As for passing more and more every year, Jameis Winston was the only QB other than Dak that threw for over 300 ypg last year, and there wasn't a single team that was interested in him as a starting QB for 2020. Teams don't want to throw just to throw, they want to control the game, and it that can be done without throwing for 300+ ypg.
The passing yardage leader has never won the super bowl. Balance wins.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So many threads with wasted energy going around and round when none of that matters.

There are basic truths fans will simply have to come to grips with.

Dak Prescott will likely not earn less than 30M per year(AAV) at any point over the next 8 or 9 seasons. --as a side note Gary Myers was in Dallas before NY and his take was simply false and silly but pandering to Giants fans makes sense in that market. He was second rate here and that has continued on in NYC. You can safely say stupid things that will never be dis-proven and Dak isn't going to be a Free Agent anytime soon to make Gary apologize for his pandering.

Dak Prescott will almost assuredly end his career as the all-time Dallas Cowboys passing leader. He averages almost 250 yards per game passing. That's significantly higher than Romo who was the best of anyone with 20+ starts. Dak was over 300 yards per game last year.

Dak Prescott will likely end up with at least the second most wins in Cowboys history. At this pace, 10 wins a season, he'd pass Tony Romo on his next deal be it 4 years or anything greater. Troy would take him 6 seasons, Roger 5. Troy only had 27 wins through 4 full NFL seasons. Dak is on a pace 13 wins ahead of that. Romo had 6 wins at this age.

Dak Prescott had holes in his game prior to 2019. He would get lazy with footwork and throw some inaccurate passes. He fumbled a bit too much. But 2019 showed a drastic improvement in those areas. And why not. He is using Tom Brady's personal QB coach for development. In 2019 he performed at a rate that was elite. He was a top 5 passer for 2019. His weapons and offense got better this off-season. Potentially markedly so.

Anyone with actual intellect has already grasped all these things. They are completely confused by the so very awful "Dak isn't good" takes. It is really hard to tell if the authors of those takes are trolls, just dumb as dirt, hurt Romo-stans or some other weird affliction. If you hold such a weird opinion perhaps ask yourself to which group you belong and see about removing yourself. Because you are talking out of your butt about our franchise QB.
Dak sucks. But it might take 4 more years for you fanboys to realise it. By then our offensive firepower will be gone.

cowboyed

Reaction score
There’s a point where aligning to an opinion is more important than evidence to the contrary. It legitimately makes smart people do dumb things. Not to mention dumb people doing dumb things. I don’t get it myself, but we see it happen over and over and over again over the years. There’s no denying that it happens. The turning on Dak isn’t really different than the people turning on Romo a couple years into his starting career. “He’s not a leader,” “he throws too many picks,” “he’s a celebrity QB.” “He’s not worth Big Ben money.” It was a significant proportion of our fan base that outright didn’t believe Tony was a franchise guy, then, too. Not all of them mouthbreathers.

So true! I also remember when Romo was called "Tony Turnover". As Romo, Prescott has a similar growth path. A few years before injury was taking it's toll Romo was performing at an elite level. I think the most recent offer the Cowboys had made to Dak was commensurate with his abilities, experience and production. I am also disappointed that he is not participating in the off-season computer based training program as leader of this team. That stated I am still hopeful contract matters will get resolved.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I seriously care for none of what you posted. All Dak has ever done is say the right thing and act the right way. Now all of a sudden the issue is the length of his contract (rumor). Cowboys want 5 years and he wants 4...again, rumor. If this is, in fact, true, why does Dak want less years? I thought this was where he wanted to be? In the end, it's all about your actions and currently his actions seem to be different from what he's been saying since he's put the Star on...

Honestly, the whole thing is boring. A rich owner disagreeing with a rich athlete about a few million when they are both making millions. I think the NFL needs a year off and to see that the fans can and will find something else to spend their time and money on. It's getting to the point where who wants to $500 on nosebleeds, $10 hotdogs and $10 beers. I'll go ride my Harley instead...

This whole thing is dumb. All players should be sloted with appropriate salaries so there is no disagreement. Just like with the rookie wage scale, there should be wage scales for the entire team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly.
Spoiler alert: he doesn’t. He’s a great signing for us, though.

So hilarious that these same trolls that don't like Dak, somehow love Dalton. Like Dalton is somehow good enough for them. LOL

How about cleaning up the board and having a Dak board or a Dak salary board or a Dak hate board?

Its like letting Eagles fans come in here all day long and post the same tired threads over and over again.

Qcard

Reaction score
yeah, it's so funny like dak could have won anything with the Bengals. lmao.. he can't win with a good team, lmao what would he do on a bad team
Hypothetically Scenario Dak had a combination of Cedric Benson, AJ Green, Andrew Whitworth, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Ben Jen, Jermaine Grisham and Marvin Lewis his 1st 4 years....hmmmm

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
We all know a lot of the hate Dak receives has nothing to do with his character or his production on the field. We're a team based in the South. That's all I will say.

starfan1

Reaction score
We all know a lot of the hate Dak receives has nothing to do with his character or his production on the field. We're a team based in the South. That's all I will say.
well perhaps the mods can now delete this thread which will make one less annoying Dak thread.Can you make this type of statement in the other 40 annoying Dak threads so we can get them all off the board?

foofighters

Reaction score
There aren't any fans I personally know of that need a year off to let them know what they already know....they love football and watch as much as they can. A year with no football would be pure torture.
Even for me it would to not watch Cowboys games but I can occupy my time with other things. Announcers, refs, and commercials make other teams games almost unwatchable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The NFC East has been the laughing stock of NFL for several years. Yep Eagles got them a SB......maybe a fluke maybe not. Interestingly...without their "franchise QB" at the helm. So be careful so casually throwing around NFC East divisional wins.
so NFCE has been laughing stock, but eagles won a superbowl….how is that being a laughing stock? I can point to NFCS and they have been laughing stock too, based on their performances....by all accounts NFCW is the only division deserving respect..... AFCN has been a cakewalk, for NE with all those pansies in the division......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
well perhaps the mods can now delete this thread which will make one less annoying Dak thread.Can you make this type of statement in the other 40 annoying Dak threads so we can get them all off the board?
Nope this baby is gonna hit 20 pages and you will help it.
I'm not even blocking the stupids until this runs it's course.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So many threads with wasted energy going around and round when none of that matters.

There are basic truths fans will simply have to come to grips with.

Dak Prescott will likely not earn less than 30M per year(AAV) at any point over the next 8 or 9 seasons. --as a side note Gary Myers was in Dallas before NY and his take was simply false and silly but pandering to Giants fans makes sense in that market. He was second rate here and that has continued on in NYC. You can safely say stupid things that will never be dis-proven and Dak isn't going to be a Free Agent anytime soon to make Gary apologize for his pandering.

Dak Prescott will almost assuredly end his career as the all-time Dallas Cowboys passing leader. He averages almost 250 yards per game passing. That's significantly higher than Romo who was the best of anyone with 20+ starts. Dak was over 300 yards per game last year.

Dak Prescott will likely end up with at least the second most wins in Cowboys history. At this pace, 10 wins a season, he'd pass Tony Romo on his next deal be it 4 years or anything greater. Troy would take him 6 seasons, Roger 5. Troy only had 27 wins through 4 full NFL seasons. Dak is on a pace 13 wins ahead of that. Romo had 6 wins at this age.

Dak Prescott had holes in his game prior to 2019. He would get lazy with footwork and throw some inaccurate passes. He fumbled a bit too much. But 2019 showed a drastic improvement in those areas. And why not. He is using Tom Brady's personal QB coach for development. In 2019 he performed at a rate that was elite. He was a top 5 passer for 2019. His weapons and offense got better this off-season. Potentially markedly so.

Anyone with actual intellect has already grasped all these things. They are completely confused by the so very awful "Dak isn't good" takes. It is really hard to tell if the authors of those takes are trolls, just dumb as dirt, hurt Romo-stans or some other weird affliction. If you hold such a weird opinion perhaps ask yourself to which group you belong and see about removing yourself. Because you are talking out of your butt about our franchise QB.

This post, as great as it is, will be wasted

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This post, as great as it is, will be wasted
We are 8 pages deep with like 3 legit challenges to the content of the OP so I already consider it is a win.
Dak is very likely going to be the face of the franchise for a very long time and hating him is wasted energy.
Those folks might as well find a new team or sport.
I suspect many have and are merely here to troll out of boredom.

A ton of crotchety old men swore off the team when Jerry fired Landry.
After that of course we won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and were the sports most popular franchise.
I'm guessing all these idiots will face a similar comeuppance when Dak leads this team to a Super Bowl.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I actually like Dak and want to see what he can grow into under MM but I don't really like the money it looks like Dallas will have to pay him. Since that is where the league is, I have to accept that that is what it will take to sign him. However, what I most dislike is that Dak is basically already signaling his plan to hold the team hostage again in 4 years for max money. My hope is that when it is finally done, we find that Dak did indeed compromise on things that help the team structure the deal for cap reasons. If he doesn't budge on anything and it hurts the team, he will lose a lot of respect with fans. Just my opinion.