The Video Game Thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly looks "Ehhh" to me. My expectations for this game cratered when they shifted the hype from " Like Skyrim, but better" to " Outer Worlds in a fantasy setting". The change of scope is worrying. If they just would have compared it to Outer Words from the jump, that would have been fine. Outer Worlds for me was a fun game to play, but one Ive never gone back to. Avowed will probably be the same

IGN looks like it got a decent amount of $$ from Microsoft for this lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only games I play....not taking into account play store games.

I love the diablo games. I still play diablo iii.

I had a version of this on the old commodore 64 and 128

Years later they updated the game play and graphics for windows computers
I do not play this one much but when I do I can make the time fly by.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only games I play....not taking into account play store games.

I love the diablo games. I still play diablo iii.

I had a version of this on the old commodore 64 and 128

Years later they updated the game play and graphics for windows computers
I do not play this one much but when I do I can make the time fly by.

My friend I eye would play that came on the Commodore 64 all the time. It's amazing the number of fun games you could play on limited memory.

Fun Story: The same friend and I would play Jeopardy on his Commodore 64. I quickly discovered the games were in sequential order. My friend went out of town and asked me to take care of his house and dogs. He also said I could use his computer. I copied the original game disk and I started playing the game by myself. I played a few games, so I knew the answers when I played the game from the original disk. When my friend returned we played Jeopardy using the original game disk. Obviously, I blew him away. I would answer some questions incorrectly so it wouldn't look too suspicious. The guy was getting majorly upset on how badly he was playing and how well I was doing. After only a couple of games I confessed, but instead of getting the joke my friend got even more upset. I thought it was funny and if the tables were turned I would find it just as funny. This guy wasn't having any of it. Sad to say it was never the same after that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My friend I eye would play that came on the Commodore 64 all the time. It's amazing the number of fun games you could play on limited memory.

Fun Story: The same friend and I would play Jeopardy on his Commodore 64. I quickly discovered the games were in sequential order. My friend went out of town and asked me to take care of his house and dogs. He also said I could use his computer. I copied the original game disk and I started playing the game by myself. I played a few games, so I knew the answers when I played the game from the original disk. When my friend returned we played Jeopardy using the original game disk. Obviously, I blew him away. I would answer some questions incorrectly so it wouldn't look too suspicious. The guy was getting majorly upset on how badly he was playing and how well I was doing. After only a couple of games I confessed, but instead of getting the joke my friend got even more upset. I thought it was funny and if the tables were turned I would find it just as funny. This guy wasn't having any of it. Sad to say it was never the same after that.
:laugh: Wow. Sounds like he didn't have much of a sense of humor.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

hahaha
I had that Jeopardy game as well...IIRC there was a question where the answer was the great wall of china. But if you typed that it in would say it was wrong and give the correct answer which was the great wall of china lol.

I remember me and my army buds would play some kind of olympic track and field game where you had to bang like hell on the keyboard or a joy stick to make the person run.

Those old game had the worst graphics but they sure were fun back in the day.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody ever played Sackboy:A Big Adventure? After playing Astro Bot, I wanted to check out some other 3D platformer gsmes. Heard about this one and I decided to download it and give it a whirl. Wasn't sure at first, but it has really grown on me and I've been enjoying it. Fun game if you're into that genre.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anybody ever played Sackboy:A Big Adventure? After playing Astro Bot, I wanted to check out some other 3D platformer gsmes. Heard about this one and I decided to download it and give it a whirl. Wasn't sure at first, but it has really grown on me and I've been enjoying it. Fun game if you're into that genre.
I own it, but only played once but at some point I'm sure I may go back and play it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ghost of Tsushima is right up there with God of War. Most games bore me before I even get all the way through them. I finished Ghost of Tsushima and CyberPunk 2077. Actually I finished CyberPunk 2077 twice.

Baldur's Gate 3 is very good also as long as you can get bare getting past the crappy opening on board that ship.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ghost of Tsushima is right up there with God of War. Most games bore me before I even get all the way through them. I finished Ghost of Tsushima and CyberPunk 2077. Actually I finished CyberPunk 2077 twice.

Baldur's Gate 3 is very good also as long as you can get bare getting past the crappy opening on board that ship.
Did you do Phantom Liberty? If you not you should definitely try it. One of the best DLC ever

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The sequel to Ghost is coming out next year. Looks really good

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you do Phantom Liberty? If you not you should definitely try it. One of the best DLC ever
Actually, no I didn't. Thanks for the heads up. I completely forgot about CP DLC. Maybe I will get a third round in!

Yes, I did see word of a sequel coming out and I'm excited about it. Though I hear people were complaining because Jin isn't the main character in it and was replaced by a female. lolololol. As if that matters hah

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Actually, no I didn't. Thanks for the heads up. I completely forgot about CP DLC. Maybe I will get a third round in!

Yes, I did see word of a sequel coming out and I'm excited about it. Though I hear people were complaining because Jin isn't the main character in it and was replaced by a female. lolololol. As if that matters hah
Would be really hard to do another game with Jin. They base the series on historical events, and I dont think they would have had another story for Jin

SlammedZero

Reaction score

I finally gave in and bought into PS Plus, which is where I played Sackboy, but I also downloaded Ghost of Tsushima. I played it for like an hour the other night. I will say that might be one of the most graphically gorgeous games I've ever seen. It's stunning.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I finally gave in and bought into PS Plus, which is where I played Sackboy, but I also downloaded Ghost of Tsushima. I played it for like an hour the other night. I will say that might be one of the most graphically gorgeous games I've ever seen. It's stunning.
Yes, those open fields of flowers and stuff are crazy beautiful.

The other thing I really love about that game are the puzzles like when you have to find your way up to the top of a mountain shrine. The game has just so many great aspects to it. Very similar to God of War, but definitely not the same.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, those open fields of flowers and stuff are crazy beautiful.

The other thing I really love about that game are the puzzles like when you have to find your way up to the top of a mountain shrine. The game has just so many great aspects to it. Very similar to God of War, but definitely not the same.
Its presentation of Feudal Japan as gotten rave reviews too.

My favorite aspect was the storyline with the Stawhat Ronin leader. Such great writing and such a tortured character