The Voice season 3

kristie

Reaction score
i checked itunes, & both of the songs cassadee sang last night & terry's version of "i want to know what love is" are all in the top 10 so i think those two are safe.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thoughts after finally catching up on 3 weeks of Voice episodes...

I'm a huge Trevin fan, but I think people are wanting more from him. He's beginning to be a one-note kinda guy. He's a guy who needs to show he can be versatile.

I'd like to hear Terry sing a song from this millenium.. Nothing against classic 80s, but if he's going to be more than a wedding singer, he needs to show he can sing music of today.

I like Nick, but I have the same thoughts about him as I do Terry. Good vocalist, need to sing something from today.

Cassaddee...I like her voice because it's diverse enough to sing different kinds of songs. She's sung pop, rock, and country. Only thing she hasn't touched is an R&B song.

Same with Amanda Brown who I think is going to be a fantastic artist regardless of whether she wins or not. She's proven to be the most versatile of all the artists.

Count me as one who does NOT like Melanie. Her voice puts me to sleep every time. She reminds of Norah Jones who I don't like as well. It's just personal taste, but I don't like artists who whisper to me and call it singing. lol

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WoodysGirl;4878898 said:
My thoughts after finally catching up on 3 weeks of Voice episodes...

I'm a huge Trevin fan, but I think people are wanting more from him. He's beginning to be a one-note kinda guy. He's a guy who needs to show he can be versatile.

I'd like to hear Terry sing a song from this millenium.. Nothing against classic 80s, but if he's going to be more than a wedding singer, he needs to show he can sing music of today.

I like Nick, but I have the same thoughts about him as I do Terry. Good vocalist, need to sing something from today.

Cassaddee...I like her voice because it's diverse enough to sing different kinds of songs. She's sung pop, rock, and country. Only thing she hasn't touched is an R&B song.

Same with Amanda Brown who I think is going to be a fantastic artist regardless of whether she wins or not. She's proven to be the most versatile of all the artists.

Count me as one who does NOT like Melanie. Her voice puts me to sleep every time. She reminds of Norah Jones who I don't like as well. It's just personal taste, but I don't like artists who whisper to me and call it singing. lol

I kind of agree and disagree. Trevin is the same song and dance every week. If I wanted to hear a powerful song from a female, I will listen to them, not Trevin.

Terry is not in the same competition as Nick IMO. Nick is different and a lot of people like his blues type of deep voice, me included.

I like Terry, but he is stuck in the late '70's and early '80's. No chance he wins this but he is a great singer. I don't see how the younger generation has left him in so long.

Melanie is great, I like the dark singing from her, much like Norah. If she survives tonight, she needs to pick it up though and have her 'moment'.

Amanda and Cassadee have stepped it up lately, I like them both (Amanda a bit more).

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Two artist I liked are gone. I am not a big Pope fan.

Melanie and Amanda I wish them luck on their future and hope they have success in their music.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kangaroo;4879230 said:
Two artist I liked are gone. I am not a big Pope fan.

Melanie and Amanda I wish them luck on their future and hope they have success in their music.
Amanda's gone? Booo!!!

I knew she wasn't gonna make it on there, but I think she's gonna be a huge star, regardless.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4879267 said:
Amanda's gone? Booo!!!

I knew she wasn't gonna make it on there, but I think she's gonna be a huge star, regardless.

I rather Amanda stayed and Pope go but that is me

kristie

Reaction score
i'm just sad that amanda & melanie are both gone. adam, like christina, doesn't have a team anymore. :(

kristie

Reaction score
dexternjack;4880566 said:
The wrong two people went home IMO. Should have been Trevin and Terry.

i agree with you on trevin. he didn't do so hot monday night. he should've gone home instead of either amanda or melanie.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
No way Terry should've gone home IMO.

Trevin should've gone before Amanda IMO....his tone is getting old very quickly.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;4880631 said:
i agree with you on trevin. he didn't do so hot monday night. he should've gone home instead of either amanda or melanie.

What?! It's one thing to not be a fan but to say he didn't do so hot is a little off base if you ask me. He killed "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" and "Walking On Sunshine" was a horrible song choice from Cee Lo but he still did a good job. Did you not see the reaction from all of the mentors/judges after he sang the Jennifer Hudson song? He's got an amazing voice and he's only 18 and will only get better. I don't think he'll win even though I think he should but basing it on raw talent he's without a doubt in the top 2-3.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just now catching the results show... Really enjoyed the Neyo and Amanda Brown performance.

I just like her...Really looking to see how her career goes from here.

Re: Trevin, I think that he CAN be a very good R&B singer with the right production. I don't want his career to go the way of Reuben Studdard. Poor production and no promotion basically left his career dangling...

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4880764 said:
I'm just now catching the results show... Really enjoyed the Neyo and Amanda Brown performance.

I just like her...Really looking to see how her career goes from here.

Re: Trevin, I think that he CAN be a very good R&B singer with the right production. I don't want his career to go the way of Reuben Studdard. Poor production and no promotion basically left his career dangling...

:hammer:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though I know Amanda Brown lost, but dang, my feelings are hurt she's gone...

Booooo, America!!!!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Trevin was totally outdone by the other three tonight IMO.

I thought Cassidy's performance was her best so far. Nicholas was very good, and the emotional tone of the performance was obvious. Not Terry's best IMO, but he was still nearly flawless.

Tough call...but I can see anyone but Trevin winning at this point.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Cassadee is going to be hard to beat .She seems to be getting stronger.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nick was the best tonight followed by Terry.

I absolutely don't get all the Cassadee love.