The Walking Dead (S5) - 2nd half of season thread ***Spoilers***

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Random thoughts...

Good capper to a season that was kind of meandering and filled with questionable motivations/decisions by characters.

The opening scene with Morgan and the Wolves was tense. There was a moment where I was thinking - are these jerk hole writers actually going to kill Morgan. Nothing all season and they're going to kill him or they're going to give us a scene and then leave it open until next mid-season's finale. These muth...oh, okay. That works. But will it come back to bite Morgan? Think so.

Redeeming the priest is not really worth the writers' time or the viewers' time. I was rooting for the zombie. He really let me down.

Guy at the gate leaving it to Gabriel to close the gate - you're right there dummy. How lazy are you? At most, you're saving 15 seconds. You had one job.

The trap and the way the Wolves get the zombies herded back up was pretty slick.

I don't really see the motivation for rat-face guy to act the way he does, and I don't see why Glenn would bother following him. Glad Glenn made it, but that gun should have one less bullet and Alexandria should have one less rat.

Rick sees the gate left open. It's daylight. A minute later, it's night. Weird choice by the director. Felt like some scenes in between were cut.

Rick looked dope in the final scene. Like a character from a Frank Miller comic.

:muttley:

Smith22

Reaction score
Did anyone else find it quite bizarre that Daryl's duo didn't notice the traps by the food trucks. Also, wouldn't they hear 100+ zombies trapped inside 4 food trucks. I just found that scene a bit hard to digest.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. Rick, Glen and Michonne remain my favorites.

Gabriel and Sasha are a waste IMO. I'm not a fan of either character. I'm interested in seeing how Morgan and Rick deal with each other. Morgan seems completely different now and I don't think he was thrilled witnessing Rick kill Pete. Don't get me wrong, Pete had it coming, but I'm not so sure Morgan will see it that way.

It seems Alexandria has encountered quite a bit of drama and death since Rick and company arrived. It will be interesting to see how the town progresses from this point on.

Phoenix

Reaction score
You will see what the W's are for I believe in the finale.

I was thinking the whole season they'd introduce the Negan character but I don't believe that will happen yet. With the way this is going what I think is going to happen is this.

The town is going to consider removing Rick. While he's in trouble Jesse will kick Pete out of their house and you won't see him all episode. At some point they're going to be gathered for something, possibly the discussion of removing Rick from the community and Pete is going to show up to try and kill Rick (Who they haven't yet kicked out). Deanna, or her Husband, is going to try and stop this from happening, cause they don't want the violence or whatever, and Pete is going to wind up killing whichever one it is. Right now I'm thinking her Husband. which will finally cause Deanna to give Rick the authority to take Pete out.

Also at this time this is when they're going to be attacked by a raiding group. I believe they're going to be referred to as The Wolves, which has been a rumor all season long, and they're basically going to be the people who replace the bandits known as the DC Scavengers. These will be the people that will explain your W's on the heads of their victim's. I do believe that they're funneling the zombies to the area because they want them to be a distraction so they can raid the community as well. As you could tell from the episode they obviously use live bait to lure in Zombies (The woman tied to the tree and eaten alive).

They will make their attack on Alexandria and attempt to take it over and take what's there. The people, led by Rick, will stop this from happening and this will lead to Rick becoming the leader of what will become known as the Alexandria Safe Zone. They might end the episode with the attack and next season you'll find that they held them off and Rick is now the leader, proving he needed to be in that place after all this.

I'm thinking the episode will actually end after they hold off the attack, which is why they extended the episode to 90 minutes so that you can see them fend them off and it will end with people wondering if Rick will not be the defacto leader, which you'll learn at the start of next season that he in fact was made the leader because of all this.

Wow. Impressive! :)

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
You will see what the W's are for I believe in the finale.

I was thinking the whole season they'd introduce the Negan character but I don't believe that will happen yet. With the way this is going what I think is going to happen is this.

The town is going to consider removing Rick. While he's in trouble Jesse will kick Pete out of their house and you won't see him all episode. At some point they're going to be gathered for something, possibly the discussion of removing Rick from the community and Pete is going to show up to try and kill Rick (Who they haven't yet kicked out). Deanna, or her Husband, is going to try and stop this from happening, cause they don't want the violence or whatever, and Pete is going to wind up killing whichever one it is. Right now I'm thinking her Husband. which will finally cause Deanna to give Rick the authority to take Pete out.

Wow, change his username to Nostradamus!

Phoenix

Reaction score
A little off topic but did you see the promos for a few new shows, "Fear the Walking Dead" takes place around LA and a few others, "Bladerunner" knock off "Humans"

Ya, it was just a quick little teaser. Didn't show much at all, so no idea how it will pan out, but AMC is soooooooo sure and sold on it that they already green lighted the first two seasons of the show.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-30/first-intense-teaser-trailer-fear-walking-dead-hints-zombie-outbreak

During last night’s super intense season 5 finale of The Walking Dead, AMC unleashed the first teaser trailer for its upcoming companion series, Fear the Walking Dead.

The new spinoff series is set in the City of Angels, and takes place right before the zombie outbreak -- seen in The Walking Dead -- hits. This new series will feature brand-new characters and have no connections whatsoever to existing material -- or even the comic book series created by Robert Kirkman. Below is the series’ first official synopsis:

What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in The Walking Dead? This summer, AMC will answer that question with Fear The Walking Dead, an all-new original series set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world.

Robert Kirkman confirmed that the series will start off as a kind of prequel (finally! we’ll get to see the very beginnings of that scary zombie apocalypse) but that it’ll catch up to the events of The Walking Dead. Eventually.In a strong show of confidence in the new series, AMC has already picked up the TV show for two seasons, starting with a six one-hour-episodes first season set to premiere this summer.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow, change his username to Nostradamus!

lol.

Nah I just am a huge fan of the comics and I could see where they were trying to head with this.

In the way the TV show was doing the storyline it really seemed like the only way they could honestly go with it to get where they wanted to go.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Did anyone else find it quite bizarre that Daryl's duo didn't notice the traps by the food trucks. Also, wouldn't they hear 100+ zombies trapped inside 4 food trucks. I just found that scene a bit hard to digest.

Overall, I thought it was a good episode. Rick, Glen and Michonne remain my favorites.

Gabriel and Sasha are a waste IMO. I'm not a fan of either character. I'm interested in seeing how Morgan and Rick deal with each other. Morgan seems completely different now and I don't think he was thrilled witnessing Rick kill Pete. Don't get me wrong, Pete had it coming, but I'm not so sure Morgan will see it that way.

It seems Alexandria has encountered quite a bit of drama and death since Rick and company arrived. It will be interesting to see how the town progresses from this point on.

That's going to be an interesting relationship next season.

Morgan has gotten to the point where he believes all life is precious and you need to find ways to preserve it. Thus why he just beat the guys up who were going to kill him, rather than kill him.

He and Rick are going to absolutely butt heads on this because Rick is of the mind, and knowledge, that anyone bad that you show that kind of kindness toward will only inevitably come back to try and kill you again later, but they'll be stronger and have more people next time.

I think you're going to see that being an issue between the two of them for most of next season.

Also I agree with you completely about the traps that Daryl and Aaron came upon. I was mostly shocked that Daryl didn't seem to question or notice. Just didn't make sense with his character.

Stryker44

Reaction score
I thought the ending was weak - Pete as a qualified surgeon would never be so stupid as to do what he did to Reg...especially if his target was Rick.

Bad writing on that one.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
That's going to be an interesting relationship next season.

Morgan has gotten to the point where he believes all life is precious and you need to find ways to preserve it. Thus why he just beat the guys up who were going to kill him, rather than kill him.

He and Rick are going to absolutely butt heads on this because Rick is of the mind, and knowledge, that anyone bad that you show that kind of kindness toward will only inevitably come back to try and kill you again later, but they'll be stronger and have more people next time.

I think you're going to see that being an issue between the two of them for most of next season.

Also I agree with you completely about the traps that Daryl and Aaron came upon. I was mostly shocked that Daryl didn't seem to question or notice. Just didn't make sense with his character.

I agree with Rick on the issue at hand. You don't let a pissed off guy leave when he knows where your community is and the details of that community. It hurt them with the Governor, and not killing everyone at Terminus cost the group people as well.

I'm very curious how Shane would have fit into the group at this point. Rick and Shane thinking like minded on these issues would be a formidable duo to say the least.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I agree with Rick on the issue at hand. You don't let a pissed off guy leave when he knows where your community is and the details of that community. It hurt them with the Governor, and not killing everyone at Terminus cost the group people as well.

I'm very curious how Shane would have fit into the group at this point. Rick and Shane thinking like minded on these issues would be a formidable duo to say the least.

Absolutely agree with Rick on this. He is 100% right and he's seen first hand why you don't want to do it these ways.

I think him and Shane would be right in line with their thinking on things like this at this point.

Leadbelly

Reaction score

Now that you mention it, it is strange that there would be no noises coming from within the trailers. Even if we're to assume the sounds were muffled, Aaron's ear was right next to the trailer door when he was removing the license plate. Maybe complete darkness causes them to go into a docile state.

It also seemed like Daryl noticed the door latch was messed with on the truck nearest to us, moved off it and came back to the center truck. Maybe I misread what he was looking at but I thought he suspected it was a trap. But then he just opened the middle one and set off the zombie insta-mob.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I thought the ending was weak - Pete as a qualified surgeon would never be so stupid as to do what he did to Reg...especially if his target was Rick.

Bad writing on that one.

I would think the fact that he was drunk and emotionally out of it would play a role here.

Just my opinion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, the trap thing & Daryl getting caught by it was odd.

The other odd thing was Glenn laying on the ground, with a hole in his shoulder and the zombies are piling on him like cordwood, but he makes it out alive...

3 seasons ago, poor Dale is held down by a single zombie with one arm and proceeds to rip out his innards with the other.

Go figure.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yeah, the trap thing & Daryl getting caught by it was odd.

The other odd thing was Glenn laying on the ground, with a hole in his shoulder and the zombies are piling on him like cordwood, but he makes it out alive...

3 seasons ago, poor Dale is held down by a single zombie with one arm and proceeds to rip out his innards with the other.

Go figure.

the lack of fresh food is catching up even to the zombies. there's only so much you can decay before you're just immobile, ya know?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the lack of fresh food is catching up even to the zombies. there's only so much you can decay before you're just immobile, ya know?

LOL!

Yeah, that would be the thing. If you could somehow survive long enough, the zombies will eventually lose their ability to move, and then they'll be easy pickens.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL!

Yeah, that would be the thing. If you could somehow survive long enough, the zombies will eventually lose their ability to move, and then they'll be easy pickens.

i still wonder why they didn't head for the coast in GA. there's all kinds of islands they could go take over and live like gilligan and just be fighting big spiders and bad radio show gimmicks.