The Walking Dead (S5) - 2nd half of season thread ***Spoilers***

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Pretty good. Served its purpose of setting up for next season. I'm so tired of Sasha and the priest, just wasting time telling their story, secretly hoping they would off themselves.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Glenn is badass he fought off 3 walkers while on his back. Morg and Michonne bank it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh. Just another episode, just longer.

After it was over, I thought the same.

There were some interesting things that happened during the course of the episode, but as far as having an exciting finish to the season... Well I thought it was the weakest of all of the season finales.

It was a good episode– not a great episode.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Random thoughts...

Good capper to a season that was kind of meandering and filled with questionable motivations/decisions by characters.

The opening scene with Morgan and the Wolves was tense. There was a moment where I was thinking - are these jerk hole writers actually going to kill Morgan. Nothing all season and they're going to kill him or they're going to give us a scene and then leave it open until next mid-season's finale. These muth...oh, okay. That works. But will it come back to bite Morgan? Think so.

Redeeming the priest is not really worth the writers' time or the viewers' time. I was rooting for the zombie. He really let me down.

Guy at the gate leaving it to Gabriel to close the gate - you're right there dummy. How lazy are you? At most, you're saving 15 seconds. You had one job.

The trap and the way the Wolves get the zombies herded back up was pretty slick.

I don't really see the motivation for rat-face guy to act the way he does, and I don't see why Glenn would bother following him. Glad Glenn made it, but that gun should have one less bullet and Alexandria should have one less rat.

Rick sees the gate left open. It's daylight. A minute later, it's night. Weird choice by the director. Felt like some scenes in between were cut.

Rick looked dope in the final scene. Like a character from a Frank Miller comic.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A think the let down for some for the season ender was they were probably hoping that the Wolves would at the gate and the start of a showdown.

What will be interesting for the next season is if Daryl and Aaron relate to the group that there is another group out there that is trying to trap people and not too far away.

Sure 50 miles might seem a long way on foot, not so long in vehicles though.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
except he now has to go outside the walls to get the liquor. or someone does, since i don't see him doing it that often. i also don't see others enabling him in this but they would have to be.

it would go like this:
party of 5, head into town on a supply run.we need food, ammo, a tv guide, and oh yea, a 2 weeks supply of liquor for our alcoholic. who's got alcohol duties this week?

a 2 week supply for an alcoholic could likely be in the neighborhood of 4+ 1.75 bottles of we'll call 80*. since he's not likely the only alcoholic living in the post apocalyptic world, we can assume even casual drinkers would be on a run through town, grabbing a few bottles as they go. if we're now 1+ year into this since it started, that would be 104 bottles of 1.75 a year.

also, if drinking this much he'd not be in the shape he was in to take out lone wolf grimes very easily. daily drinker vs daily survivor...they didn't think this through before the fight. rick does seem to get his *** kicked a lot.

in any event, i still think alcoholism would be hard to maintain in this type of society, but whatever.

Ummm, moonshine maybe? It is Georgia afterall. ;)

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Did anyone else get that Kung-Foo esque vibe from Morgan? Very gentle and peaceful until you mess with him. And didn't kill the Wolves.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I kind of like how they try to make it look like summer or something (the clothes) but you see it is cold from the steam coming out of their mouths.

I actually thought the opposite, especially with Glen and Daryl's outfits.

I didn't mind the episode at all. I have a question for the masses though...Anyone think Glen was bitten during the tussle?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Did anyone else get that Kung-Foo esque vibe from Morgan? Very gentle and peaceful until you mess with him. And didn't kill the Wolves.

I think Morg will take on the Jesus character in the comics. He was sneaky and was a pretty good fighter.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I actually thought the opposite, especially with Glen and Daryl's outfits.

I didn't mind the episode at all. I have a question for the masses though...Anyone think Glen was bitten during the tussle?

I doubt they kill Glen off that way when there may be a more important plot important way to do it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
A little off topic but did you see the promos for a few new shows, "Fear the Walking Dead" takes place around LA and a few others, "Bladerunner" knock off "Humans"

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The episode was pretty good. I thought it went about how I thought it would. I was a bit surprised we didn't have any main characters get killed, as it seemed like it was heading that way, but they surprised everyone without any main characters falling in the season finale.

I have no issue with that.

I like the way they went with things and how it should set things up for the start of next season. We'll now have Morgan with them which gives them yet another strong member and I believe that the sleezy guy who tried to kill Glenn and Gabriel will wind up being solid allies for the group from this point on because of the kindness that Glenn and Maggie showed in not killing them.

I think we'll find them to be much stronger allies to the group as next season begins.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I thought the episode was very good. My impression from this thread though is a few people really love to hatewatch this show lol.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The ending reestablished Rick as "The Man". Considering what a bunch of chumps the Alexandria folks are, they needed Rick Grimes to stay.