"The Walking Dead" Season 4– Episodes 9-16...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The new group is the same group from the house Rick was at last week. The guy Darryl Punched is the same guy that was on the porch with Rick under him as Carl and Michonne walked up.

yea, i wondered about that. hopefully daryl wakes up early one day and just leaves.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are people saying Beth ditched Daryl? It looks like she was abducted to me. Why would she just leave him and I doing so just leave a backpack full of stuff by the road.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Why are people saying Beth ditched Daryl? It looks like she was abducted to me. Why would she just leave him and I doing so just leave a backpack full of stuff by the road.

yea, i don't buy the ditched thing at all. not anything like what she would do to him.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I will bet that the group that found Daryl abducted Beth too...and we will see Daryl in action killing them all to keep Beth from getting gang raped.

Stryker44

Reaction score

I think she got freaked out by the whole idea of getting attached to him, especially when he went soft and asked her to sing to him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will bet that the group that found Daryl abducted Beth too...and we will see Daryl in action killing them all to keep Beth from getting gang raped.

Boy, I just don't think so.

The "trap" at the funeral home was too well thought out and the insides too neat for the knuckle draggers of Daryl's new group to do it. I mean dusting cans of food? These guys?

Nor would they have used a dog to attract zombies to the front door. They would have simply barged in with guns a blazing, killing Daryl and doing whatever with the girl.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep. And nope. Beth didn't suddenly find a car, with keys in it and was completely drivable... And she was so happy that she threw all her remaining possessions to the ground and drove off.

Tawney88

Reaction score
The new group is the same group from the house Rick was at last week. The guy Darryl Punched is the same guy that was on the porch with Rick under him as Carl and Michonne walked up.

You're right. I didn't catch that. Good call

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
it's kinda getting to the point that i watch walking dead for the same reason i watch the cowboys.

loyalty and habit.

entertainment, not so much.

i still see a world of potential, but for whatever reason they refuse to tap it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
And this episode kind of highlighted my point about these zombies being somewhat of a joke. I mean FIFTEEN of them have Darryl trapped in a corner. Come on.

Tawney88

Reaction score
You guys put way to much thought into this show. I liked the episode.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this episode kind of highlighted my point about these zombies being somewhat of a joke. I mean FIFTEEN of them have Darryl trapped in a corner. Come on.

LOL!

There was some of that "Super Daryl" in that sequence. They'll have a situation like that and then have one zombie knock Dale to the ground, hold him there and with one hand rip open his stomach.

It's TV... Well maybe not all TV. Watch the conclusion of the original "Dawn of the Dead" and see Peter go from deciding that he didn't want to kill himself to going through a room of zombies, climbing a ladder to the roof with zombies trying to bite/pull him back, getting on the roof and having to navigate through more zombies and then got in a helicopter without being bit.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys put way to much thought into this show. I liked the episode.

Well there is some of that too.

I can understand their (the writers) challenge. You've got over a dozen major characters at this point that are separated in small groups, and for the most part many need or needed to have more character development.

In the graphic novel, it's easy. They simply didn't develop characters other than Rick for the most part. Characters would float in and out of the frames with nary a mention of who they are and how they got there.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, i wondered about that. hopefully daryl wakes up early one day and just leaves.

I think Daryl travels with the new group until they come in contact with one of the other splinter groups, probably Rick's, and before Rick's small group is wiped out, Daryl switches sides.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I think Daryl travels with the new group until they come in contact with one of the other splinter groups, probably Rick's, and before Rick's small group is wiped out, Daryl switches sides.

I suspect a tie-in somehow to Beth. Developing her character these last few weeks makes much more sense to me now.

Just my opinion, but there will be something tragic, something that deeply scars Daryl psychologically, something that will stick with viewers for a long while.

Stryker44

Reaction score
I suspect a tie-in somehow to Beth. Developing her character these last few weeks makes much more sense to me now.

Just my opinion, but there will be something tragic, something that deeply scars Daryl psychologically, something that will stick with viewers for a long while.

I hope not. Daryl is a machine, a warrior. Show no emotion. He shouldn't be made into an effeminate sap which it seems like they are trying to push for these last couple of weeks.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Certainly something was well planned out for Daryl and Beth at the funeral home. And it's not the same group of marauders who found Daryl.

You could be right... But Daryl seems so scarred up now! LOL!

That being said I'm expecting something gruesome this upcoming episode.

Angus12

Reaction score
SPOILER (if you're going to post something from the comics that hasn't occurred on the TV as of yet please use "SPOILER" at the beginning of your post-moderator).

Just a guess, but if people think the food in the house was set up as some kind of trap, and it wasn't the group that found Daryl... What about the hunters? If we're following the timeline of the comics, they'd be making an appearance sometime soon.

Last edited by a moderator: