The Walking Dead Season 6-Episodes 9-16 *SPOILERS*

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Not sure he wants to hurt Rick, the group yes, but how would he know Rick is the leader? That is why Glenn makes the most sense here to me. The group sold Maggie as the leader to the hill top people, so it feels appropriate that Negan would kill her husband to send a message.

For the same reason he knows Rick is the leader in the comic despite having no prior contact with him. His saviors have been looking into the Alexandria people for a while. For example when they attacked Daryl, Rosita, and Denise on the railroad they mentioned that they were going to let them into their little gated community. They've already seen the place. They've already scoped it out.

Also in the comic if I remember correctly Rick lets someone live to have them tell Negan that their deal with Hilltop is off. I don't recall him doing that with anyone in the TV show yet. So it'll be due to knowledge they've already gained from scouting Alexandria and I'm sure he's going to ask, like in the comic, who the leader of the group is. :)

He does this because he specifically wants to break and hurt Rick because he believes that's the best way to make Rick's people do what he wants.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So then if Michonne goes, I'm not joining the harem and I'm not working for your community of pirates, what happens to her? Does he just let her go?

She will not be taken in as a Savior. They know she is one of the other people. After Negan kills who he decides to, as payment for the death of all his people, she will be going back to Alexandria with her people.

That offer only applies to people who join the Saviors. They're not offering anyone from Rick's people a spot with the Saviors.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, that's a good question that I have not really pondered. Truthfully, I have some trust built up from when they stray from script because they have hit way more than they have missed in my opinion. Adding Terminus to the Hunters storyline was amazing. Having Shane stick around to build up his crazy and was much better than the comics. Daryl and Carol's arcs, I could go on. Some misses for sure, but more hits.

On the surface, yeah, that character is the only one that would truly build up Negan to be what he is in the comics. There might be one more that would actually make it even worse, but I doubt they would go that route.

Some secondary character would really sell his villainy short.

Glenn or Daryl are really the only two great options here unless for some crazy reason the TV show people decided to go with Carl. Which they will not.

Anyone outside of that is going to be a major let down for the gravity of the situation they're going to find themselves in. I have complete faith that the TV show folks are going to get this one right for all the reasons you've mentioned here. Great post.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
True. There have been some differences... for the good IMO. Some of it I attribute to Frank Darabont. I think he had a great vision for the series and got it off on the right foot. Keeping Shane around longer was a great move. Adding the Daryl character was solid.

One thing they do seem to be doing is speeding up the arc's from when Darabont was influencing things.

Keeping Shane around longer was brilliant. His going crazy and wanting to kill Rick just happened way to damn fast in the comic. It was one of those things I didn't feel made a whole lot of sense. They're best friends. How would he just go nuts and turn that quickly on him? No I liked the way the TV show did that much better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
One thing that hasn't been talked about much is the person Rick & Morgan came across. Neither a Hilltopper or a Savior.

Nope. Someone else from somewhere else.

He's going to be something you find out about next year when another major character will eventually be introduced.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You could be right. :)

And if so, I wasn't expecting that arc to start this soon.

Well if they follow the comic to some degree I would imagine that arc will begin the second half of next season. Which is when I expect the All out War arc to begin. Of course they could drag it out a bit more to get to that spot, which wouldn't be a terrible idea. They're going to catch up to the comic book pretty quickly if they fly through these next arcs too quickly.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Well if they follow the comic to some degree I would imagine that arc will begin the second half of next season. Which is when I expect the All out War arc to begin. Of course they could drag it out a bit more to get to that spot, which wouldn't be a terrible idea. They're going to catch up to the comic book pretty quickly if they fly through these next arcs too quickly.

Ahh, that sounds incredibly familiar. Manga and anime suffer from that problem all too often and GoT has now passed the books.

There has to be a balance whatever they do. Don't water down the product too much by crawling along to stay behind the comics. At the same time, don't plow through it and start throwing non canon filler at us to fill the void. This is of course assuming they don't just pass it up by being guided through it like GoT is doing. They appear to be drawing closer to the end though whereas TWD isn't. I'm not sure how viable that would be for either the series or comics in the long run.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Keeping Shane around longer was brilliant. His going crazy and wanting to kill Rick just happened way to damn fast in the comic. It was one of those things I didn't feel made a whole lot of sense. They're best friends. How would he just go nuts and turn that quickly on him? No I liked the way the TV show did that much better.

Here is a really great "go nowhere" Friday story. In an interview a few years ago, Robert Kirkman revealed that he thought very long and hard about killing Rick off waaaaay back in issue #6, which is the issue that Carl in fact shoots Shane to save Rick. His logic was that the series would focus on Carl and his struggle growing up with the man (Shane) that killed his father.

He decided that it was best that the series continue to be "Rick's story", so Shane was killed off instead. But, it would have been an interesting difference in the way the story was told and a really cool "What If" story if Kirkman should ever decide to revisit it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ok, so here's my problem.

sunday of course is the 90 minute conclusion to this season and wrapped up months of a great run this half. NOW - WWE is sunday here in dallas and i just got invited to go.

by someone who likely is going to be sitting around, near or close to the mcmahons.

lothos05

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

sunday of course is the 90 minute conclusion to this season and wrapped up months of a great run this half. NOW - WWE is sunday here in dallas and i just got invited to go.

by someone who likely is going to be sitting around, near or close to the mcmahons.

Oh man you lucky SOB! Tough decision but you'd have to go to the live event . . . Go to Wrestlemania!

DanteEXT

Reaction score

Go to WrestleMania, DVR Walking Dead

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

I don't even like Wrestling and love the Walking Dead, but I would go to Wrestle Mania. Should be fun and you can cap it off by watching TWD on your DVR.

Great problem to have!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I don't even like Wrestling and love the Walking Dead, but I would go to Wrestle Mania. Should be fun and you can cap it off by watching TWD on your DVR.

Great problem to have!

heh - yea. ok. you caught me. i was kinda braggin. :) it starts at 6 so i could likely leave around 8, get home around 9 and be crashed by 10:30. i just am at work by 6am the next morning so staying up late doesn't mean what it used to.

well maybe it does.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
She will not be taken in as a Savior. They know she is one of the other people. After Negan kills who he decides to, as payment for the death of all his people, she will be going back to Alexandria with her people.

That offer only applies to people who join the Saviors. They're not offering anyone from Rick's people a spot with the Saviors.

That makes sense. Thanks!

jnday

Reaction score
After all this build-up, I am at the point that I want several of the group killed off just to end the discussion . Somebody needs to die and it needs to be soon. I read that they will show the bat striking s head, but we won't find out who the head belongs to until next season. That would be cruel and unusual punishment .

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
After all this build-up, I am at the point that I want several of the group killed off just to end the discussion . Somebody needs to die and it needs to be soon. I read that they will show the bat striking s head, but we won't find out who the head belongs to until next season. That would be cruel and unusual punishment .

yea. to me its been the best season in a LONG LONG time. if they end it like that its going to piss me off to be honest but what can i do other than quit watching it OF WHICH if i could i already would have.

just gonna put a black mark on an otherwise great season.

jnday

Reaction score

Due to the decline of the WWE since the days of Stone Cold , HBK and the Rock, I would rather watch TWD. The glory days of WWE was great, but they lost all their edge.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Due to the decline of the WWE since the days of Stone Cold , HBK and the Rock, I would rather watch TWD. The glory days of WWE was great, but they lost all their edge.

agreed but this is WWE and those guys from what i understand, will be backstage where i may get to go.