The Walking Dead Season 6-Episodes 9-16 *SPOILERS*

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter who it is. Every scenario is going to be beaten to death. We're also going to get tons of updates during filming and most likely rumors leaked. Not to mention we will have had 6 months to accept the fact that somebody dies. There will be no shock and very little impact which is the exact opposite feeling the comics had.

That depends on how much you go out of your way to consume that information. I for one have a life and don't have the time to do all that. My "Walking Dead" time is Sunday evenings while the season is airing new episodes. Other than that I don't read about all the possible scenarios until they are beaten to death. I don't seek out the updates on filming or the leaks that may occur. If you do, it's your own fault the season 7 opener won't be shocking. It will be you own fault it makes little impact. You jaded yourself.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is why they'd be stupid to kill Glenn, it is what everyone is expecting to happen at this point, and defeats the entire cliffhanger premise. The only way the 6 month wait has a payoff is if the victim doesn't fit into the theories and comes as a surprise.

And if we take into account that Negan knows about the group...he singled out Maggie, knew Carl was Rick's son, it would seem he'd know about Rick and Michonne. If they want a surprise, that would have an extreme emotional impact on Rick and the group, than Michonne would be the logical victim of Lucille.

And you know Michonne does make some sense.

If they were to go through all this and pop Glenn, all this would be an epic waste.

Whacking Michonne will lose some oomph between now and then, but it would at least be shocking.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone figure out the state of mind Rick was in at the end? Did you get that he was scared, angry, or in shock? In my opinion, he looked scared to death, petrified even, which is not how I would think he would act. I figured he would've given his Rick-scowl and stare to Negan.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone figure out the state of mind Rick was in at the end? Did you get that he was scared, angry, or in shock? In my opinion, he looked scared to death, petrified even, which is not how I would think he would act. I figured he would've given his Rick-scowl and stare to Negan.

As the head honcho's of the show have said, this is the end of one "story" which is the story of Rick feeling like he can conquer the world and the start of another "story", in which he becomes Negan's "*****" for several episodes.

Rick had to come off looking like he had met his better.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

I don't think it was fear. The episode was about about tearing down the bad *** they had built Rick up to be. It was the look of someone who had just had their world turned upside down. Shocked would be how I looked at it.

Of course it could be some fear. The outburst of him yelling you don't have to do this could be argued as fear, but I didn't hear fear in his voice when he said it. It could also just be shock that yet another person in his group is about to die.

Last edited:

blindzebra

Reaction score
To me Rick's look was similar to when he was caked in the claimer's blood sitting by the truck and when Laurie died and he found out Carl had to keep her from turning. It was shock over losing what he was to that point.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think it was fear. The episode was about about tearing down the bad *** they had built Rick up to be. It was the look of someone who had just had their world turned upside down. Shocked would be how I looked at it.

Of course it could be some fear. The outburst of him yelling you don't have to do this could be argued as fear, but I didn't hear fear in his voice when he said it. It could also just be shock that yet another person in his group is about to die.

Rick is scared to death, not just for himself but for his family. He has sworn to protect them and has now let them down. The crap sandwich is before him and he must bite, chew, and swallow.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

It didn't look like fear but it was... The realization that he was in a no win situation was evident.
No matter how you slice it. He went in with his gang and murdered many.

Premeditated.
In their sleep,
Cold blood.

There was going to be a price to pay.... Today, tomorrow or the next day.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
It didn't look like fear but it was... The realization that he was in a no win situation was evident.
No matter how you slice it. He went in with his gang and murdered many.

Premeditated.
In their sleep,
Cold blood.

There was going to be a price to pay.... Today, tomorrow or the next day.

Agree to disagree. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the (brief) interesting sub-plots of the graphic novel that wasn't covered by the TV show was the time immediately after the herd broke overwhelmed Alexandria, and the group eventually stopped them.

In the TV show we see things three week later, with Rick telling Carl "This is our home" kind of thing.

In the novel, Rick goes through a brief transformation stage where he talks about that up to this point this point it was all about protecting Carl (his family) but he realizes that by protecting the group, he is protecting his family. As they clean up the compound of all the zombie corpses, he proceeds to lay out plans for better protecting Alexandria.

At the same time Carl is in a coma. Eventually Carl wakes up and has a loss of memory when it comes to selective things. For example he knows Jesse and Ron were killed, but he asks for his mother. Rick has to tell him that Lori is dead.

There's some interesting self-reflection between GN Rick and GN Andrea, they even talk a little about Shane.

It's a brief, but interesting part of the GN that we didn't get to see on the TV show.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hey... No one mentioned the "I gotta shave this ship" when he looked at Abraham.

That was friggin funny!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I went back and watched the last scene a few times and as I assumed but had to be sure of, they made sure not to give you anything close to the same camera angle Negan was on when he swung the bat. The angle of the tree in the background and lighting was all completely different.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hey... No one mentioned the "I gotta shave this ship" when he looked at Abraham.

That was friggin funny!

Except that's not what Negan said...

Abraham straightens up, stares Negan in the eyes, as if to say, "Go on, beat me; I can take it". Negan just sizes up his ranga mutton chops, rubs his hand over his own stubble, and says, "Huh, I gotta shave this ****". He is a master of humiliation.

But I most certainly agree... that was friggin funny.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Except that's not what Negan said...

Abraham straightens up, stares Negan in the eyes, as if to say, "Go on, beat me; I can take it". Negan just sizes up his ranga mutton chops, rubs his hand over his own stubble, and says, "Huh, I gotta shave this ****". He is a master of humiliation.

But I most certainly agree... that was friggin funny.

You agreed because you got my point from jump street. Lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I went back and watched the last scene a few times and as I assumed but had to be sure of, they made sure not to give you anything close to the same camera angle Negan was on when he swung the bat. The angle of the tree in the background and lighting was all completely different.

they said look all you want we didn't do it in order of movement and positions lol

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter who it is. Every scenario is going to be beaten to death. We're also going to get tons of updates during filming and most likely rumors leaked. Not to mention we will have had 6 months to accept the fact that somebody dies. There will be no shock and very little impact which is the exact opposite feeling the comics had.

Couldn't agree with you more, especially on the bolded part.

This moment is THE moment in the comics. I mean there are lots of sad moments, even big sad moments but this was the big one. Probably the best moment in all the comics because it was so shocking and brutal and it just completely set the tone for the Negan character and the world Rick now found himself in.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Which is why they'd be stupid to kill Glenn, it is what everyone is expecting to happen at this point, and defeats the entire cliffhanger premise. The only way the 6 month wait has a payoff is if the victim doesn't fit into the theories and comes as a surprise.

And if we take into account that Negan knows about the group...he singled out Maggie, knew Carl was Rick's son, it would seem he'd know about Rick and Michonne. If they want a surprise, that would have an extreme emotional impact on Rick and the group, than Michonne would be the logical victim of Lucille.

I can see where you're coming from on this.

But as a fan of the Negan character and all that makes him who he is I'll be very let down and pissed if they screw up the character to that degree.

Negan is a brutal person. He isn't above killing a woman but he would never brutally beat a woman like this. That would really piss me off if they change this about him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

They're making him look broken. I wouldn't say he's scared really, although I'm sure he's scared for one of his people. But for Rick it's more of a mentally breaking moment where everything he's worked toward, and built, has just been destroyed around him and he realizes they are in serious trouble.

There is a moment from the comic between the two of them, during this whole thing, that I hope they do include for Rick. It's the one point at this moment in the comic where you get to see that Rick is crushed by the death, all what's going on, but there is still that defiance in Rick. I hope they add that to the TV show when they comeback and finish this moment off.