The Walking Dead Season 6-Episodes 9-16 *SPOILERS*

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone go get an Abrams tank, I'm sure the walkers haven't eaten them lol. Drive that sucka right through Neagans base. 10,000 walkers couldn't stop a tank, it would smash them easily.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why doesn't anyone go get an Abrams tank, I'm sure the walkers haven't eaten them lol. Drive that sucka right through Neagans base. 10,000 walkers couldn't stop a tank, it would smash them easily.

Didn't the Gov's people have a tank?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Finding a tank and having the personnel on hand (diesel mechanic, software engineer) to be able to get it up & running, not too mention the fuel needs (and parts) would be more difficult than figuring out how to drive it.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Finding a tank and having the personnel on hand (diesel mechanic, software engineer) to be able to get it up & running, not too mention the fuel needs (and parts) would be more difficult than figuring out how to drive it.

The governor had one an used it to destroy the prison. Driving it is easy. Parts could be found at the tank base. Fuel is gas

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Didn't the Gov's people have a tank?

They did. But they also had a former military guy there who apparently knew how to drive it and such to begin with.

Which Rick's group could eventually get lucky and find someone like that. That's not impossible but it would be hard, I'd imagine, to find the persons who knew how to work on and run a tank. It's not like getting in a car and driving it I wouldn't think. lol

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They did. But they also had a former military guy there who apparently knew how to drive it and such to begin with.

Which Rick's group could eventually get lucky and find someone like that. That's not impossible but it would be hard, I'd imagine, to find the persons who knew how to work on and run a tank. It's not like getting in a car and driving it I wouldn't think. lol

If they are anything like driving a M113...they would be pretty simple...to drive. It only took me a few minutes to figure out the M113.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The governor had one an used it to destroy the prison. Driving it is easy. Parts could be found at the tank base. Fuel is gas

You're right. That engine could be fired up with gas. But it's going to eat gas like there's no tomorrow.

"Tank base" Where is this "tank base?"

I know the National Guard here in town has a couple A-1's but other than the basics parts have to be brought in from elsewhere OR the tanks need to be sent elsewhere.

And you need someone knowledgeable enough to be able to work on them... And not just mechanically. The Abrams is a computer.

In addition a single tank without infantry support is very vulnerable to small unit tactics. You're going to find out that Negan has more available to him than just small arms. Heck an 155mm artillery shell can be rigged up to at least blow a track off.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they are anything like driving a M113...they would be pretty simple...to drive. It only took me a few minutes to figure out the M113.

Yep. Easy to figure out how to drive. Heck of a lot more difficult in fixing one and getting the parts to keep it running.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed but I would imagine it would be worth the effort initially if you found one in good condition. Problem might be that nobody has found one in good condition.

That's very true. You probably had those that were taken out of arsenals at the beginning of the epidemic and then left abandon when they either ran out of fuel, broke down or the crews simply abandon the effort and those that are still sitting in arsenals that haven't been moved in a long time and would require some kind of effort to get them operational.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Were you in the Army? I drove one as a medic . . . nice big red cross on the side made it easy for target practice.

Yes...Drove one as a medic for a short time while in Korea. :cool:

Most of the time I drove the Hummer Ambulance, even when going out with the tankers for their target practice but occasionally they wanted us to take the 113's.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Abraham was in the Army, right? Maybe Kirkman will allow his character to have tank operations background. :p

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn, I'm like bombing all military references.

The challenge with Negan's group is that they are spread out.

It calls for small-unit tactics.

Now as far as the undead go... the most realistic account I've come across was in the book "World War Z" in which the movie was based and did a ****** job covering.

Anyway, the survivors of the country first cleansed the western edge of the country from the Rockies (and the Rockies northern extremities) to the Pacific Ocean. And they started going east from the Rockies. They'd use dogs to draw in a bunch of the walking dead and then use weapons where the rate of fire is controlled in order to better make the shots count.

To me a low-velocity weapon like a .22 would be just about the perfect weapon. You see the Henry Rifles advertised on TV. They'd be great tools for something like this. Arm 20 people with those and they could wipe out a sizable herd in no time. In the TV shows like "TWD" you see them spraying bullets around here, there and everywhere.