The Walking Dead-Season 8, Episodes 1-8

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't get all the hate for the show. I guess maybe I'm just easier to please lol.
It's not hate, it's disappointment

Given your name I would say you are a big SoA fan......me too
The difference is that writing and stories were never that great on SoA...... it was a rock-em sock-em outlaw Motorcycle gang....... it stayed at a certain level

TWD was so new and shocking that maybe it was an unsustainable standard but it seemed to peak a few years ago......once it became the only cash cow for AMC it has been dragged out and watered down.....nothing personal

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's not hate, it's disappointment

Given your name I would say you are a big SoA fan......me too
The difference is that writing and stories were never that great on SoA...... it was a rock-em sock-em outlaw Motorcycle gang....... it stayed at a certain level

TWD was so new and shocking that maybe it was an unsustainable standard but it seemed to peak a few years ago......once it became the only cash cow for AMC it has been dragged out and watered down.....nothing personal

Loved Sons of Anarchy. It's my all time favorite show, although I've always maintained that I believe Breaking Bad was the best written show, from start to finish, that I have ever watched.

That said I thought a lot of the writing in Sons was great, at least from the character side of things. Now I get a lot of the plots and plans and moves that were made were just ridiculous and would never work out the way they did in real life but I tend to not be too bothered by all that kind of stuff. I don't watch movies, or TV shows for realism or total believability factor. I have real life for that stuff. I watch movies and TV for the same reason I enjoy video games and comics, to be entertained by that which is likely not even remotely possible.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The show is at its best when the core group is together. By having them separated so much it requires too much jumping around of storylines and that causes inconsistent quality from show to show. There should never be an episode without Rick, Daryl, Carol, and Michonne in it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought it was a decent episode.

Held my attention through most of it.

Good variety of regular characters.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It was a decent episode.

As you stated we saw what a handful of characters are doing and how it all seems to be different in what they're trying to accomplish.

I hope Maggie keeps her word about the Savior's they have if they can't be used as bargaining chips. I hate that they're letting them live in the first place. Especially the long haired POS.

I don't like the way The King is acting. He needs to get beyond this but it seems like they're finally moving his relationship with Carol forward. Least it seemed to hint in that direction and ay.

As expected the Garbage people are pieces of ....anyway. I wish they'd stop writing Rick to be so gosh damn stupid.

Got a feeling Darryl and company are about to make a huge mistake.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i honestly am not surprised the "up up's" are back. disappointed yes, surprised, no.

and why in the hell would rick walk alone into their camp and threaten them? i'd tell him where to go also. "join us or we will destroy you!!!" right after saying they could build a world together w/o the saviors. he sounded just like the saviors except for his side. next thing ya know he's naked in a dumpster and "his people" have not done a thing. this entire move makes zero sense and is just another example of this being made up as they go it seems w/o any real direction or thought behind what they will want to do next.

ChipChip

Reaction score
i honestly am not surprised the "up up's" are back. disappointed yes, surprised, no.

and why in the hell would rick walk alone into their camp and threaten them? i'd tell him where to go also. "join us or we will destroy you!!!" right after saying they could build a world together w/o the saviors. he sounded just like the saviors except for his side. next thing ya know he's naked in a dumpster and "his people" have not done a thing. this entire move makes zero sense and is just another example of this being made up as they go it seems w/o any real direction or thought behind what they will want to do next.

LOL - this is so true! It rings of early the pointless car rides that end in disaster from the earlier seasons. Should have rolled up with the same armored caravan that they went to see the saviors with..

rynochop

Reaction score
Armored is stretching it, I have a pellet gun that can shoot through that sheet metal they surrounded those cars with. Also will never understand why they have to drive nothing but beater cars, it's the end of the world, they should all be driving Mercedes', Beemers, etc

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Armored is stretching it, I have a pellet gun that can shoot through that sheet metal they surrounded those cars with. Also will never understand why they have to drive nothing but beater cars, it's the end of the world, they should all be driving Mercedes', Beemers, etc
The wealthy owned huge yachts that they drove their luxury cars onto and sailed away... only to run into floating herds of zombies...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, it's like all the car lots disappeared.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Yeah, it's like all the car lots disappeared.

They are with the millions of guns and bullets that also disappeared from the US. :D

I am starting to lose interest with the show. The biggest reason for me is it feels like they do whatever they can to try and drag the story line out as long as they can without going anywhere.

Earlier in the show, I enjoyed a lot of the stories they used to do this. Carol, Tyreese and the 2 girls isolated in the home was a good example of this being interesting and powerful. Now most of the side story lines just don't work for me.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LOL - this is so true! It rings of early the pointless car rides that end in disaster from the earlier seasons. Should have rolled up with the same armored caravan that they went to see the saviors with..
yea cause nothing stops a .223 like corrugated steel.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
They are with the millions of guns and bullets that also disappeared from the US. :D

I am starting to lose interest with the show. The biggest reason for me is it feels like they do whatever they can to try and drag the story line out as long as they can without going anywhere.

Earlier in the show, I enjoyed a lot of the stories they used to do this. Carol, Tyreese and the 2 girls isolated in the home was a good example of this being interesting and powerful. Now most of the side story lines just don't work for me.
there was a real sense of purpose. now it's all manufactured and struggling for relevance and makes no sense.

like showing the 50 caliber mow people down but no one picks up the casings. this entire seasons they've fired a record amount of shots and have only heard "i'm out" once by daryl. suspension of disbelief has been hammered to hell and back several times now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this painfully decompressed storytelling! Ugh! Are the so completely out of ideas that they have to drag this "War" out for the entire season?

Is the well of ideas truly that dry? If so, it's time to hire some new people before it's too late and this show never recovers. Of course, maybe it already is?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yup. I would tell him no too.

Although I think she is siding with Negan until he is no longer a force.