The Walking Dead-Season 8, Episodes 1-8

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Okay...now for the last episode....

By far the worst of the season thus far. There wasn't a whole lot to it to get to hyped up about. I was excited to finally see Rick and Darryl arrive but I could have done without the silly car chase. There is no way that guy is going to miss all those times with that gun while they're chasing them but whatever. It's for dramatic effect I suppose. It made me laugh. So I can't complain too much.

You knew the whole episode was going to be about making The King begin to doubt. He was way to sure of himself and the mission so they have to do the bring him down a bit, and make him realize how much is really at stake here.

The thing that pissed me off more than anything is Carol. How can you go from so stealthy, and genius in what you're doing, to a complete idiot two seconds later? Oh, yeah, we need Rick and Darryl to be in the episode for 3 minutes so she has to be an idiot at the trucks. Couldn't believe they didn't just have her shoot them all in the back before they could have done anything.

I love the Axe guy. He just makes me smile.

Also being a fan of the graphic novel I knew the ending 'death' had to be coming pretty soon so that was expected. It was sad but I think it was even more sad in the comic, if I'm being honest.

That said I see where someone said they believe they're stretching the war out for the whole season....I would hope not. That's WAY to much filler. Way to much. Even if you wrote award winning great dialogue that's way to much. The next two 'battles' in the war are really pretty short and sweet so dragging it out all year makes no sense to me. I really thought they'd end it at the midseason because there is a decent cliff hanger they can put in there for people who haven't read the comic.

They could still do that for the end of the year but sweet Lord those who hate filler, and hate how things are drug out already, will really hate this season if they drag this war out for the entire year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Lol. Then you follow this response with a post about how silly the show is, and how bad the season was.

Apparently you can't read. I never said the season was bad.

I said the last episode was the worst of this season. I've enjoyed the season. And yes there are silly things in it but I still like the show. It helps if you understand fundamental English before trying to be cute.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Apparently you can't read. I never said the season was bad.

I said the last episode was the worst of this season. I've enjoyed the season. And yes there are silly things in it but I still like the show. It helps if you understand fundamental English before trying to be cute.
Don't get mad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After Negan I’m probably out!

I can't blame anyone if they stopped watching. I'm teetering on the edge myself. Hanging around a few more weeks in the event something good finally does happen.

But this show has jumped the shark and I don't think it ever reaches the heights it once did. They bought their own hype.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't blame anyone if they stopped watching. I'm teetering on the edge myself. Hanging around a few more weeks in the event something good finally does happen.

But this show has jumped the shark and I don't think it ever reaches the heights it once did. They bought their own hype.

Understood.

I want to see the end of the war.

I've read the graphic novel and know how it goes there, so I'm committed to this season and then we'll go from there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Walking Dead has become a show about (Seinfeld)nothing.

“Jump the shark” is a silly term... Gary Marshall said, “I don’t get it... we filmed another 100 episodes after the shark show”....

It’s just one of those dumb things we humans do.... misuse a quote, saying, phrase... what have you...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walking Dead has become a show about (Seinfeld)nothing.

“Jump the shark” is a silly term... Gary Marshall said, “I don’t get it... we filmed another 100 episodes after the shark show”....

It’s just one of those dumb things we humans do.... misuse a quote, saying, phrase... what have you...

Of course he "didn't get it", if he had, he wouldn't have been where the example came from in the first place.

It means the apex, the highest point. The top of the mountain from which it is downhill to the end.

The Walking Dead jumped the shark when they killed off the Governor. It's been spinning it's wheels since, and Negan is a poor imitation of a far superior concept.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he "didn't get it", if he had, he wouldn't have been where the example came from in the first place.

It means the apex, the highest point. The top of the mountain from which it is downhill to the end.

The Walking Dead jumped the shark when they killed off the Governor. It's been spinning it's wheels since, and Negan is a poor imitation of a far superior concept.

I moved the "Shark Jump" episode a few forward to the Terminus episode where the group escapes (episode 52, premier episode of season 5). Only because I thought two of the best episodes of the series occurred during the escape from the prison on the way to Terminus ("Still", the episode with Daryl and Beth, and "The Grove" with Tyrese, Carol the two girls and baby Judith).

The "Terminus" escape was eye-rolling and then we follow up with the cannibals chasing the group and then the big-mis "Hospital" arc.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I moved the "Shark Jump" episode a few forward to the Terminus episode where the group escapes (episode 52, premier episode of season 5). Only because I thought two of the best episodes of the series occurred during the escape from the prison on the way to Terminus ("Still", the episode with Daryl and Beth, and "The Grove" with Tyrese, Carol the two girls and baby Judith).

The "Terminus" escape was eye-rolling and then we follow up with the cannibals chasing the group and then the big-mis "Hospital" arc.

Oh yeah, that Hospital arc, don't get me started!
:laugh:

The only thing I liked about the whole Terminus thing was when the cannibals that followed them got theirs.

Call me sadistic, but that was justice there.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Honestly Negan is a far better bad guy in both the graphic novel, and the TV show, then the Governor. The TV show Governor, quite frankly, was weak compared to the graphic novel version. Though I do like the guy who played him, all the same.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

The hospital arc was a huge letdown. Agreed there.

With it being something that was completely not part of the graphic novel I had some high hopes for it to add something. Instead it was just some filler to kill off Beth, add the black kid (Whose name now escapes me, so he was obviously really noteworthy lol) to just kill him off quickly after.

To be honest though at the time they did the Beth episodes and then her death I was like...wait Beth is still on the show? To me she was one of the most useless and pointless characters.

One thing that I feel this show could improve on (Even though I do enjoy it for the vast majority of the time) is if they stopped trying to have so many characters like the graphic novel. Obviously in writing form you have all the time you want and need to flesh out as many characters as you'd like.

In the TV show format they simply do not have that and it would be a lot better if they'd simply focus a lot more on a smaller number of the overall group of people. Just too much time spent trying to make you care about these other characters so that it can hopefully be more meaningful when they're eventually killed off.

The Grove was awesome though. One of my favorites.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that Hospital arc, don't get me started!
:laugh:

The only thing I liked about the whole Terminus thing was when the cannibals that followed them got theirs.

Call me sadistic, but that was justice there.

I mostly enjoyed them getting theirs because it ended just as I'd hoped. With Rick actually killing the leader with the red handled machete, as he'd promised. I loved that.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The hospital arc was a huge letdown. Agreed there.

With it being something that was completely not part of the graphic novel I had some high hopes for it to add something. Instead it was just some filler to kill off Beth, add the black kid (Whose name now escapes me, so he was obviously really noteworthy lol) to just kill him off quickly after.

To be honest though at the time they did the Beth episodes and then her death I was like...wait Beth is still on the show? To me she was one of the most useless and pointless characters.

One thing that I feel this show could improve on (Even though I do enjoy it for the vast majority of the time) is if they stopped trying to have so many characters like the graphic novel. Obviously in writing form you have all the time you want and need to flesh out as many characters as you'd like.

In the TV show format they simply do not have that and it would be a lot better if they'd simply focus a lot more on a smaller number of the overall group of people. Just too much time spent trying to make you care about these other characters so that it can hopefully be more meaningful when they're eventually killed off.

The Grove was awesome though. One of my favorites.

Agreed on the too many character thing. The "bottle" episodes have more often than not bogged the show down.

I remember how many gripes there were about season 2 on Hershel's farm but today I think very highly of season 2 because the characters were fleshed out so well. Even during the prison episodes they (writers/producers) did a decent job of giving depth to the characters... But since they left the prison, we've had a constant stream of characters coming & going without much thought about any of them. Eric's death in the graphic novel was far more meaningful than what we saw on screen, even with Aaron's faked tears.

Getting rid of Glenn didn't bother me... I think his character ran out of juice. Very sorry to see Abraham go. Thought his character was short-changed. Same with Tyrese.

Also would have like to have gotten more of the Terminus story.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly Negan is a far better bad guy in both the graphic novel, and the TV show, then the Governor. The TV show Governor, quite frankly, was weak compared to the graphic novel version. Though I do like the guy who played him, all the same.

Opinions vary I guess. Governor all the way for me.
:thumbup:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Usually signifies “the end” or the end is near.
It’s funny... it applies to many shows AFTER Happy Days.... not so much happy days.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Opinions vary I guess. Governor all the way for me.
:thumbup:

I gotta take the TV version of the Governor also.

While the Negan-arc is longer, I feel we got more of the Governor. In addition for me the character was more developed and displayed a wider degree of emotions and actions. The Negan character has been pretty much the same from the start and we've not seen much variety out of the character. Hopefully we'll get a little more soon as his power on the show starts to decline.