The Walking Dead-Season 8, episodes 9-16

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people have voiced how Rick and crew could have ended Negan and his lieutenants back at the compound standoff. Rick could have easily shot Negan right there. End of storyline.

That non-event does not bother me not nearly as much as how badly Rick shoots at Negan during any given faceoff between the two characters. Sure, Negan makes himself a moving target (he has skills dodging bullets :p ) but Grimes has demonstrated his law enforcement/sheriff firearm accuracy a number of times over the past eight seasons. Close range. Long range. Rick aims. Shoots. You're out of the game. Walkers. People. Does not matter. He has hit too many targets with one bullet over the years but with Negan..? Rick cannot hit the broad side of a barn with that guy.

I loved psycho Negan's affection with his bat. Negan is right. Rick is psychotic but Rick is Batman crazy. Negan? He is full out The Joker/Heath Ledger insane. They are two sides of the same coin but Rick's side is the one you want to land on the ground face up.

Good analysis of the two characters.

And like you said, "Two sides of the same coin". So close that they could easily be best friends... If they weren't trying to kill each other.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't realize it was a two hour episode and after watching the first hour and getting ready for the second hour...it became apparent that it was not a two hour episode after all but an hour of the new show the terror which was to be played tonight, which I guess will still be played tonight.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Didn't realize it was a two hour episode and after watching the first hour and getting ready for the second hour...it became apparent that it was not a two hour episode after all but an hour of the new show the terror which was to be played tonight, which I guess will still be played tonight.
yea, that got me also.

never have been a fan of leaving a show with an OH MY GOD and not touching it for weeks but they love to do this and did it again w/o negan in the picture at all. but this week was kinda "meh". to top it off, they can walk around with all the scrapes and bruises this environment produces and cover themselves in zombie guts and no one turns, yet now it's a bio weapon. seems to be a new development in the cycle of zombies throughout history to allow a plot twist that really was also kinda "meh".

looks like i'll be happy w/negan is around and we're hit and miss after that.

rynochop

Reaction score
Yeah.. ended up watching the terror, looks pretty good, I'll probably watch it tonight.

Thought WD was good, I'm surprised Tobin lasted as long as he did. Either Tara survives or they're gonna drag out her death since she was on the after show..doubt sh d be on back to back.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, that got me also.

never have been a fan of leaving a show with an OH MY GOD and not touching it for weeks but they love to do this and did it again w/o negan in the picture at all. but this week was kinda "meh". to top it off, they can walk around with all the scrapes and bruises this environment produces and cover themselves in zombie guts and no one turns, yet now it's a bio weapon. seems to be a new development in the cycle of zombies throughout history to allow a plot twist that really was also kinda "meh".

Yeah...I am one, as you already know, that can overlook a lot of those plot points that make no sense due to it being a zombie show from a comic book...but this latest one is just silly. As you said they have been covered in guts, covered in blood (eyes mouth nose) and never got it..now they can.

It would have made more sense to have been able to get it all along.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yeah...I am one, as you already know, that can overlook a lot of those plot points that make no sense due to it being a zombie show from a comic book...but this latest one is just silly. As you said they have been covered in guts, covered in blood (eyes mouth nose) and never got it..now they can.

It would have made more sense to have been able to get it all along.
agreed but man a lot of things / actions would have to be different.

oh well. hoping next week goes back to being a good one. will have to check out the arctic circle story.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah.. ended up watching the terror, looks pretty good, I'll probably watch it tonight.

Thought WD was good, I'm surprised Tobin lasted as long as he did. Either Tara survives or they're gonna drag out her death since she was on the after show..doubt sh d be on back to back.
Dwight shot her with the arrow, don't think he contaminated them.

rynochop

Reaction score
Forgot about that. As far as the guts...idk, maybe they're more infectious now after time? Shrugs

Although I'm not sure how everyone could sleep that hard with zombies in the room and also nobody keeping guard with all the wounded

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forgot about that. As far as the guts...idk, maybe they're more infectious now after time? Shrugs

Although I'm not sure how everyone could sleep that hard with zombies in the room and also nobody keeping guard with all the wounded

Good point...I would think in the zombie age more than likely the majority of people would be very light sleepers.

I get the idea that they were up a long time and were very tired after battle but surely a few people would have woken up and also I am pretty sure that every zombie that was biting those people were not biting the voice box and preventing those people from screaming waking the whole complex up.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
yea, that got me also.

There would be nothing cooler than Neagan coming back as a 'cool zombie' that could still talk smack

He had to get contaminated from all the zombie blood in his car accident and it would be enough to turn him without being a full-blown brain dead

It would save the series for me if Neagan could organize the Walkers

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There would be nothing cooler than Neagan coming back as a 'cool zombie' that could still talk smack

He had to get contaminated from all the zombie blood in his car accident and it would be enough to turn him without being a full-blown brain dead

It would save the series for me if Neagan could organize the Walkers

LOL Instead of Murphy on Z nation it could be Neagan on TWD controlling zombies as a half zombie himself.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Yeah as Rick could had taken him out. But really Negan is the villain you love to hate or hate to love. He makes the show more exciting or the show goes to the dogs without a very bad villain. Jeffrey Dean Morgan needs an Emmy nod.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Yeah zombie logic is awful. They just make up crap as they go.

Also these people blow through ammo, aim and then shoot, everyone just blindly shoots.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Yeah zombie logic is awful. They just make up crap as they go.

Also these people blow through ammo, aim and then shoot, everyone just blindly shoots.

That one really gets on my nerves, as it is on all shows these days.

Last week Negan was on the run with no ammo and Rick just unloads his rifle and pistol into the air so they have to fight it out. Annoying!

CapnB

Reaction score
I thought last episode stunk. Especially after ep12 being insanely good. But as far as Negan goes. I hope he doesn't get killed off. JDM plays an awesome Negan. Would really love for them at some point show his backstory. Havent heard of him being signed on past season 8 so he might be getting killed during the season finale

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally watched the episode last night... I thought it was OK. Not as good as the prior, but better than several this season.

rynochop

Reaction score
I thought last episode stunk. Especially after ep12 being insanely good. But as far as Negan goes. I hope he doesn't get killed off. JDM plays an awesome Negan. Would really love for them at some point show his backstory. Havent heard of him being signed on past season 8 so he might be getting killed during the season finale
I saw a preview earlier this season where it looked like Negan was locked in that jail Morgan built..they do need to end this Negan story, and it looks like it's gonna happen with the introduction of these new people