The Walking Dead-Season 9, Episodes 1-8

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hadn't read anything in a while. I don't know how interesting the Rick Grimes films will be but I guess there's no way to know at this point.

What intrigues me is the talk of a "bigger world" and seeing things on a larger scale. Thankfully, it sounds like somebody realizes that you can't just run around in the woods forever.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It was a solid episode. I guess that qualifies as a WOW episode by TWD standards these days. What surprised me was that the preview for upcomimg weeks made it look like the plot might actually advance. Then I remembered they said they will do 10 more years and know they'll bog things down as much as possible.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That final Rick episode was pretty epic, I think I like the new writer. I look forward to what's next, and I definitely look forward to the new Rick Rhimes story coming up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I’m hoping in the series finale he will come back and save all their ***** one final time.
i think that would be *way* too soon and only put him out 2 shows for his "last episode". not even TWD from a few years ago would pull that. dumpster hiding as a cop out yes, but that? no. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ok - i had to crash last night and was on a tablet anyway so didn't type as much as i'd have liked.

this show kept me up after it was over thinking about the possibilities. been a long long time since it did that. i normally crashed right after to dream of better things as soon as i could.

one of my "how the hell is he going to get off the rebarb"? was resolved very well with the belt use. nicely done. in his epic adventure back home i'd have thought he could have made the horse go a little faster to pull away from the zombies but hey - go with flow here. galloping off into the house was a pretty good sidetrack and gave us another "Illusion" and a WAKE UP!!!! where rick had to blow out a wall and crawl away. my "what the hell" here was simply why didn't the zombies go after the horse? once again, noted and go with the flow.

rick and shane. this was epic on almost every level. i liked that much moreso than hersch and that scene, but both served their purposes very nicely. but the convo was great and shane was shane to a perfect T.

negan. seeing maggie try to kill negan and her finding he was already "dead" was almost a perfect way out of this. now to have daryl find some form of relief here as well as negan in the end is about the only one who can really provide overall show "leadership" at this point. i just see negan helping with the whispers and becoming a blend of who he used to be and who rick was trying to be.

back to rick and his slow gallop into his past family while he ignores the fact he has family here also. but at least this i can understand, not an easy choice and sometimes we just get stuck.

the first time the crew came flying onto the bridge to save rick - i *almost* bought it except it was too "superfriends" by design i would imagine. i'm glad they stopped doing those with that last purge however as the entire fade in fade out was adding up on me. seeing daryls bolts fly by his face - loved it!

i forgot about the dynamite. my bad. but once i saw it, the rest fell into place. except i didn't picture rick dying from it. (i'll get to that). but the explosion, daryl having a legitimate quiver of his lips for a good bit before struggling to walk away (in a great sense) knowing his friend was dead. michonne and the rest had a great reaction as well. this is where i posted first BEST DEAD IN QUITE AWHILE.

little did i know we were far from done.

garbage pail chic - while i'm glad she ditched the "up up" type of conversation and stopped doing bad 80s sci-fi hair cuts, she "found" a "blown up" rick. i almost felt cheated because we just saw rick die and he was going to move on. it was all perfect in how it was setup and they went and backed out of it, it seemed. but the type a type b kicked in and you could tell she just wanted to save rick. that story line will take on a whole new meaning.

even then, it ain't over; is it?

the 4 in the field now randomly killing zombies surrounding them was so early TWD. what i was NOT ready for was a 9 year jump in 9 seconds. little judith is growing up looking like she could be playing hopscotch in the park or pulling her dads gun (hope they show someone finding it so we can pretend it's the same) or her moms sword. she has every bit the compassion of her father and as we look to the next THREE episodes, we do see negan alive and well but we have no idea in what capacity. we know rick for 9 years has been MIA so where ever garbage pail chic took him has to be pretty serious or he'd have sent word or something. for the love of god however, no amnesia. that would be a cop out but we've got years to go and movies to see before find that out probably.

in all - i'm recharged. we needed some changes and a new road and we've got 'em. ever since terminus really we've been in rinse and repeat mode and this pretty much redoes everything. keeping the core and taking new roads. i hope it continues as i no longer feel as if i'm watching out of a sense of duty, but because i truly enjoy the show again.

best season in a long long long time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok - i had to crash last night and was on a tablet anyway so didn't type as much as i'd have liked.

this show kept me up after it was over thinking about the possibilities. been a long long time since it did that. i normally crashed right after to dream of better things as soon as i could.

one of my "how the hell is he going to get off the rebarb"? was resolved very well with the belt use. nicely done. in his epic adventure back home i'd have thought he could have made the horse go a little faster to pull away from the zombies but hey - go with flow here. galloping off into the house was a pretty good sidetrack and gave us another "Illusion" and a WAKE UP!!!! where rick had to blow out a wall and crawl away. my "what the hell" here was simply why didn't the zombies go after the horse? once again, noted and go with the flow.

rick and shane. this was epic on almost every level. i liked that much moreso than hersch and that scene, but both served their purposes very nicely. but the convo was great and shane was shane to a perfect T.

negan. seeing maggie try to kill negan and her finding he was already "dead" was almost a perfect way out of this. now to have daryl find some form of relief here as well as negan in the end is about the only one who can really provide overall show "leadership" at this point. i just see negan helping with the whispers and becoming a blend of who he used to be and who rick was trying to be.

back to rick and his slow gallop into his past family while he ignores the fact he has family here also. but at least this i can understand, not an easy choice and sometimes we just get stuck.

the first time the crew came flying onto the bridge to save rick - i *almost* bought it except it was too "superfriends" by design i would imagine. i'm glad they stopped doing those with that last purge however as the entire fade in fade out was adding up on me. seeing daryls bolts fly by his face - loved it!

i forgot about the dynamite. my bad. but once i saw it, the rest fell into place. except i didn't picture rick dying from it. (i'll get to that). but the explosion, daryl having a legitimate quiver of his lips for a good bit before struggling to walk away (in a great sense) knowing his friend was dead. michonne and the rest had a great reaction as well. this is where i posted first BEST DEAD IN QUITE AWHILE.

little did i know we were far from done.

garbage pail chic - while i'm glad she ditched the "up up" type of conversation and stopped doing bad 80s sci-fi hair cuts, she "found" a "blown up" rick. i almost felt cheated because we just saw rick die and he was going to move on. it was all perfect in how it was setup and they went and backed out of it, it seemed. but the type a type b kicked in and you could tell she just wanted to save rick. that story line will take on a whole new meaning.

even then, it ain't over; is it?

the 4 in the field now randomly killing zombies surrounding them was so early TWD. what i was NOT ready for was a 9 year jump in 9 seconds. little judith is growing up looking like she could be playing hopscotch in the park or pulling her dads gun (hope they show someone finding it so we can pretend it's the same) or her moms sword. she has every bit the compassion of her father and as we look to the next THREE episodes, we do see negan alive and well but we have no idea in what capacity. we know rick for 9 years has been MIA so where ever garbage pail chic took him has to be pretty serious or he'd have sent word or something. for the love of god however, no amnesia. that would be a cop out but we've got years to go and movies to see before find that out probably.

in all - i'm recharged. we needed some changes and a new road and we've got 'em. ever since terminus really we've been in rinse and repeat mode and this pretty much redoes everything. keeping the core and taking new roads. i hope it continues as i no longer feel as if i'm watching out of a sense of duty, but because i truly enjoy the show again.

best season in a long long long time.

I hadn't thought of an "amnesia" angle, but that might make the most sense from a storytelling perspective. I was thinking about how they could possibly tell Rick Grimes stories in other locations, and the part I couldn't get past was how or why he wouldn't be completely focused on getting home to his friends and family. There's no way I could buy him not spending every waking moment trying to get back.

But if he doesn't remember? That could work. But Anna/Jadis would still remember, and then we could have that potential tease and revelations hanging, keeping the audience in suspense.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of an "amnesia" angle, but that might make the most sense from a storytelling perspective. I was thinking about how they could possibly tell Rick Grimes stories in other locations, and the part I couldn't get past was how or why he wouldn't be completely focused on getting home to his friends and family. There's no way I could buy him not spending every waking moment trying to get back.

But if he doesn't remember? That could work. But Anna/Jadis would still remember, and then we could have that potential tease and revelations hanging, keeping the audience in suspense.
yea, something has to happen there. i think all agree rick would never go 9 years w/o saying something. guess we'll see what this advanced group does w/rick somehow, some way somewhere down the line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, something has to happen there. i think all agree rick would never go 9 years w/o saying something. guess we'll see what this advanced group does w/rick somehow, some way somewhere down the line.

I thought I had heard that it was 6 years rather than 9?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I thought I had heard that it was 6 years rather than 9?
they said 9 right after on the talking dead as far as i remember. i was kinda pumped so could be wrong. but if judith was "about" 4 or so when we last saw her, she'd be closer to 13 than 10 so i'm still guessing 9 years passed.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Rick is done on the show but he is making 3 movies for the series starting in 2019.... no air dates yet

I loved the Shane flashback but the others seemed corny

Still wanted to see Neegan killed......every word he said to Maggie was another wound.... the Saviors already revolted so who cares if he becomes a martyr.... he deserved 20 deaths

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rick is done on the show but he is making 3 movies for the series starting in 2019.... no air dates yet

I loved the Shane flashback but the others seemed corny

Still wanted to see Neegan killed......every word he said to Maggie was another wound.... the Saviors already revolted so who cares if he becomes a martyr.... he deserved 20 deaths
someone has to lead w/rick gone now however. negan can help with the whispers coming up and we'll get a new direction on an old story.