The World Cup Thread

reddyuta

Reaction score
the us defenders seem so slow compared to the ghanian strikers.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
dbacklund;3444168 said:
These announcers have said throughout this tournament that Howard is one of the best goalies in the world. He has had problems early in all games, though.

na almost all the early goals are usually the fault of terrible leaky defense this one though was really his fault.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Rampage;3444193 said:
Altidore is garbage, that guy misses more open shots than anyone else.

He's been very overrated this tournament. Clint Dempsey, on the other hand, has been playing outstanding.

mldardy

Reaction score
Now I am not sure how these rules are set up for OT but I assume that this isn't sudden death overtime. So if the US or Ghana score then the other team can still tie before the 30 minutes are over. Correct?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
mldardy;3444206 said:
Now I am not sure how these rules are set up for OT but I assume that this isn't sudden death overtime. So if the US or Ghana score then the other team can still tie before the 30 minutes are over. Correct?

Correct. Two 15 minute halves of extra time, and then a shootout if it's still tied after those 30 minutes.

Our defense needs to stop clowning around if we're going to win this one. I'm baffled as to why Bradley hasn't put in Buddle up front or Gooch on the back line. Absolutely baffled.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Avaj;3444214 said:

Not unreal at all. It's very real when your defense is playing like complete clowns out there. You could see their main striker was playing 1 up on his own for the break, and our defenders got sucked up to the midfield line watching the action. Pathetic.

mldardy

Reaction score
Rampage;3444218 said:
:laugh2: at Ghana faking injuries to waste time.
Yeah I noticed that too. Look for it a lot more in the 2nd half.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just hope one day we take this sport over.

There is no reason for the US to not have superior talent in this sport as well.

We have a good fundemental team but America should be right there with Brazil and Spain when it comes to talent.