The World Cup Thread

ethiostar

Reaction score
Germany vs. Argentina should be great to watch. I can't wait for Portugal vs. Spain. If Spain and Argentina advance to the semifinals, we should see some pretty futbol in that match.

What do you all think,........Brazil and Netherlands to the quarter finals. Ghana Beats Uruguay in the semi finals and advance to play Brazil but loose. Spain beats Portugal and meet Argentina in the semifinals but Argentina wins and advances to play Brazil in the final. I will go against my boys and say that Argentina wins this World Cup.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;3444957 said:
At this point I'm going with a Spain/Brazil final.

with brazil beating uruguay in the semi although i think the germans might beat spain.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
With the way that they're playing, I don't think there's any way Brazil loses this World Cup.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope Brazil wins it now.

With USA out of it Brazil has my favorite players.

Fabiano, KaKa, and Lucio are 3 of my top 5 favorite players.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
IF fernando Torres starts playing like He should Spain wins the WC...If he doesnt step up I can see Brasil taking it all.

Ren

Reaction score
daschoo;3445056 said:
with brazil beating uruguay in the semi although i think the germans might beat spain.

Germany won't get past Argentina, Argentina will win it all

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
For all of the soccer hate on this forum, this sure is a popular thread.

Agree with Catch on KaKa.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CATCH17;3444382 said:
We have enough athletes to go around. We just need more highschools to get involved.

Some of these track stars who can't catch a pass or shoot a basket need to try kicking a ball.

High schools and junior highs. There are lots of club teams, but they cost money and lots of it. Many times parents can't afford to put their kid on a traveling club team. There need to be cheaper alternatives like there are in football, baseball and basketball. That would open up the talent pool. Until there is and I am not sure there ever will be, there will be a limited number of kids that continue to play soccer into high school and college.

joseephuss

Reaction score
WarC;3445311 said:
Germany will beat Argentina as it did in 2006. Book it!

Maybe. I don't think Germany is as good now as they were in 2006 or even during the 2008 Euro Cup. Meanwhile Argentina is better than they were in 2006. Is that difference enough for Argentina to overcome Germany? I don't know. Should be a fun game to watch.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
joseephuss;3445426 said:
Brasil looking strong.

"Strong" is an understatement! That wasn't North Korea out there, that was Chile! And Brazil made plays look like they were playing a pickup game at the park! Incredible!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Deutschland will prevail!!!!! Young legs + growing experience = game over!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
casmith07;3445292 said:
For all of the soccer hate on this forum, this sure is a popular thread.

Agree with Catch on KaKa.

KaKa is a beast in the middle and can get the ball close to the goal no problem.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
L-O-Jete;3445340 said:
Please! Anyone but Argentina!
Deutschland vor! Noch ein Tor!

I dont like Argentina but how can you not like watching Messi play?

The announcer put it best the other day when he said it looks like the ball is taped to his foot.

ethiostar

Reaction score
CATCH17;3445589 said:
I dont like Argentina but how can you not like watching Messi play?

The announcer put it best the other day when he said it looks like the ball is taped to his foot.

:hammer:

His been THE favorite player for me to watch since he joined Barcelona. He is just awesome.