There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I keep trying to tell you just because that's what happened with zeke doesn't mean that's what's gonna happen with lamb
And I keep trying to tell you that the optics are almost the same for when it DID already happen. What's that saying about those who don't learn from history? What do precedence mean?

You're trying to defiantly avoid even the possibility of a negative occurrence that has happened to this team already under similar optics as if you can will the risk away. I get not wanting to acknowledge what you don't want to believe so maybe I should count it as a win that you didn't scream, "fake news!" on repeat. Lol.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think you’re a really weird dude. Being dead serious. It’s late so cool, google search instead of dictionary; I actually do productive things other than being a troll on an Internet forum because you’re probably insecure about something in your life.

The sign of an insecure person is using excessive emojis or laughing GIFs. Good luck with life; sounds like you’ll need it.
I second this

Reid1boys

Reaction score
where is her story about Jefferson not having a deal being ridiculous? Ah..... more clicks for Cowboys stories.

Go away

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Martin was holding out for more money. If Lamb does it, it would just be for a long term deal. He's not making any more money if he signs a long term deal this year or next year. Zeke was afraid he'd never get a long term deal. Lamb doesn't have to worry about that. I doubt he holds out.
and zeke was right..... as an RB, you better strike when you can, because 1 contract after your rookie deal is all you will ever get.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

She is 100% correct.

Flamma

Reaction score
and zeke was right..... as an RB, you better strike when you can, because 1 contract after your rookie deal is all you will ever get.
You'll get no argument from me. But as ridiculous as people think his contract was, he was only a bad cap hit 1 season out of the entire time he was on the team. No void years either if I remember correctly. This is because he was given an extension after his 3rd season. Which gave the Cowboys two extra years to spread out the money.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You'll get no argument from me. But as ridiculous as people think his contract was, he was only a bad cap hit 1 season out of the entire time he was on the team. No void years either if I remember correctly. This is because he was given an extension after his 3rd season. Which gave the Cowboys two extra years to spread out the money.
Signing him to a 6 year deal was a terrible decision for a RB who had that many carries.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the pre-approved opinion we're supposed to have here is to pretend this bimbo is a real football mind we can all learn from.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Despite his numbers I have honestly never been wowed by Lamb's play. Nearly every other WR that gets his numbers I can point to multiple times in a season where they just have this spectacular plays where I think only they and one or two other players can make such a play.

I put Lamb in the Keenan Allen tier.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Despite his numbers I have honestly never been wowed by Lamb's play. Nearly every other WR that gets his numbers I can point to multiple times in a season where they just have this spectacular plays where I think only they and one or two other players can make such a play.

I put Lamb in the Keenan Allen tier.
I felt that way until about week 5 last year. He didn’t have a lot of wow plays….i still remember the one against the Vikings….he’s s great player no doubt but he doesn’t have a lot of wow plays for a guy his caliber. I’d say the same about Allen and Cooper Kupp to.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
There hasn’t been any contract discussion between CeeDee Lamb and the Cowboys for a while.
By Pratyusha Srivastava
Edited By Gerard Crispin
Updated May 24, 2024

It appears the absence of CeeDee Lamb and Micah Parsons at Dallas Cowboys’ OTAs this week was quite loud, as it raised concern among the fans about the future of these two star players, especially wide receiver Lamb.

There had already been speculation regarding him holding out until the Cowboys offered him a satisfactory deal and his absence from the offseason program has only confirmed it. Even though the franchise claims to prioritize Lamb’s extension, NFL Network’s Jane Slater revealed there hasn’t been any contract discussion for a while.

In the recent segment of NFL Live on ESPN, analyst Mina Kimes gave her opinion on the Cowboys’ unconventional silence over signing its star players as he called out the franchise particularly for not finalizing the deal with the 2023 NFL reception leader.

"You can make a case for not doing it with Dak Prescott if they really are tired. They feel like they’ve hit a ceiling– I don’t personally agree with that but I can understand that. I do not see a case not getting a deal done by now with CeeDee Lamb, it makes no sense. He was on my first-team All-Pro last list, you guys have talked about the lack of depth behind him, there’s no logic to this. And if I was a Cowboys fan, I would be very very nervous about it." - said Mina Kimes as she elaborated on the error by the Cowboys

https://firstsportz.com/mina-kimes-...-sense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CeeDee-Lamb-and-Mina-Kimes-.jpg

Ok she has one argument
Listen....

He was on HER allpro list.

Wow ok. Now i am convinced.

Seriously i understand how asocial media works. But have those people not some kind of dignity left?

I mean you still have to go outside after writingsuch a rubbish. People will look at you. Talk about you. Avoid you because you are so stupid.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ok she has one argument
Listen....

He was on HER allpro list.

Wow ok. Now i am convinced.

Seriously i understand how asocial media works. But have those people not some kind of dignity left?

I mean you still have to go outside after writingsuch a rubbish. People will look at you. Talk about you. Avoid you because you are so stupid.
I agree 100%. I don't understand how the Jones' can go outside in public.

"We are All-In"

"Our priorities are not FA, they are Dak,
CD and Micah." While we attempt to do nothing to resign them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
where is her story about Jefferson not having a deal being ridiculous? Ah..... more clicks for Cowboys stories.

Go away
that's what I keep saying not just Justin Jefferson jamar chase Brandon aiuke and others.. I mean Tuas locked in a battle

literally all around the league there are players on the 5th year option the franchise tag or the transition tag and it's not ridiculous that they're trying to figure out how much he's worth like they gotta come to an agreement it's called a negotiation they act like this is on the Jones family do they really know what's going on behind closed doors it's somebody ask CD lambs agent and CD land to sit down and describe what they're demanding so that way we have a picture from both sides nobody's talking but I'm sorry I'm not gonna cry for a dude making $17 million for 17 games it's about 200 hours of work actually I realize they do other things in the offseason but technically for us layman's.. The dudes putting in about 200 hours of work for $1 million a game for a total of $17 million..

So yeah negotiations they go both ways this isn't always on the Jones family there's a reason that people can keep saying Prescott could have been signed cheaper if we signed him a year earlier no he couldn't two is going through the same thing right now and he told them the 1st price they put out he rejected it and I think it was $50 million you're not getting players with agents who are smart enough to understand their worth to just fold up and give you a five year deal on a team friendly deal early because you think it's going to cost us less next time no, they know these things..

I mean they like the fires for these things and our own fan base is being sucked in just something there is nothing to see right now because lots of players around the league are skipping voluntary workouts and they will be back and eventually he will get his deal whether it's now or next year why do they have to pull the trigger now they keep saying it's going to cost us more later I doubt it because they'll just hold out next time even with two years left under contract players demand money all the time I mean, Martin just did it to us last year..

blueblood70

Reaction score
And I keep trying to tell you that the optics are almost the same for when it DID already happen. What's that saying about those who don't learn from history? What do precedence mean?

You're trying to defiantly avoid even the possibility of a negative occurrence that has happened to this team already under similar optics as if you can will the risk away. I get not wanting to acknowledge what you don't want to believe so maybe I should count it as a win that you didn't scream, "fake news!" on repeat. Lol.
And you continue to think you're talking about zeke even though we're talking about lamb's different situations they're not the same person they're not the same player they don't have the same agents they don't play the same position I mean I don't get what you're trying to insinuate that we're gonna see the same thing just because zeke did it that's not true all around the league veterans are skipping OTA's that are voluntary they're not showing up they have their own thing going on and there's nothing to see here and lots of players are on their fifty or options or franchise tags or transition tags and eventually they're either going to sign or get traded that's how it works but right now there's not a single word from either side that signals there's gonna be a holdout the main just skipping what most veterans do that feel like not coming to voluntary workouts... Absolutely nothing to see here when there is we could talk about it but why start a 15 page thread over something that a sports media person that knows nothing of what's going on behind the scenes wants to start a conversation that gets them ratings and that's all it is talk about the Dallas Cowboys start fires and it just gets them more clicks more ratings that's all they want that is all this is right now you can bump bargain if you want but I'm telling you right now new deal or no new deal CD lamb would not hold out and lose $1,000,000 a game I could promise you that but we'll see you wanna bring this back up game one shows up and he's not there you let me know..

Chasing6

Reaction score
that's what I keep saying not just Justin Jefferson jamar chase Brandon aiuke and others.. I mean Tuas locked in a battle

literally all around the league there are players on the 5th year option the franchise tag or the transition tag and it's not ridiculous that they're trying to figure out how much he's worth like they gotta come to an agreement it's called a negotiation they act like this is on the Jones family do they really know what's going on behind closed doors it's somebody ask CD lambs agent and CD land to sit down and describe what they're demanding so that way we have a picture from both sides nobody's talking but I'm sorry I'm not gonna cry for a dude making $17 million for 17 games it's about 200 hours of work actually I realize they do other things in the offseason but technically for us layman's.. The dudes putting in about 200 hours of work for $1 million a game for a total of $17 million..

So yeah negotiations they go both ways this isn't always on the Jones family there's a reason that people can keep saying Prescott could have been signed cheaper if we signed him a year earlier no he couldn't two is going through the same thing right now and he told them the 1st price they put out he rejected it and I think it was $50 million you're not getting players with agents who are smart enough to understand their worth to just fold up and give you a five year deal on a team friendly deal early because you think it's going to cost us less next time no, they know these things..

I mean they like the fires for these things and our own fan base is being sucked in just something there is nothing to see right now because lots of players around the league are skipping voluntary workouts and they will be back and eventually he will get his deal whether it's now or next year why do they have to pull the trigger now they keep saying it's going to cost us more later I doubt it because they'll just hold out next time even with two years left under contract players demand money all the time I mean, Martin just did it to us last year..
Owners thought salary cap was going up, and players would not ask for more money. :laugh: