There was a reason Dak was not drafted before the 4th round

Pokes12

Reaction score
Dak was not drafted before the 4 th round

he is not accurate - has no touch on his passed

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

Weaknesses Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

NFL Comparison Brett Hundley

Bottom Line Hard to find an NFL comp for Prescott because he's built like Donovan McNabb, but lacks McNabb's ability and polish. Prescott has NFL size, mobility and enough arm, but the tape shows a player who must improve his mechanics, poise and quickness through his progressions if he is to become a full-time starter in the NFL. There are absolutely draftable traits and upside, but he will need extended work to smooth out his flaws. Until then, a team would be wise to utilize him on short-yardage packages
This is just stupid. Who wrote this drivel? Did you watch him play last year and in several games this year he looks nothing like this description. Plus these experts are numb nuts.

Gameover

Reaction score
There's also a reason Dak was the 2016 OROY and set every rookie QB record worth having last year.

We have to ask ourselves- did that guy suddenly forget how to play football, or is the team around him not performing up to par?

I'm not absolving Dak of all blame, but really, why the fan base is suddenly turning on him when our defense and offensive line is screwing up baffles me. Prescott is on pace to throw for around 3,700 yards, 32 TD's, and 12 ints. this year.
Romo would've won the game.... their thinking

Those numbers will only get better. He's faced the toughest defenses on the schedule already

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dak was not drafted before the 4 th round

he is not accurate - has no touch on his passed

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

Weaknesses Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

NFL Comparison Brett Hundley

Bottom Line Hard to find an NFL comp for Prescott because he's built like Donovan McNabb, but lacks McNabb's ability and polish. Prescott has NFL size, mobility and enough arm, but the tape shows a player who must improve his mechanics, poise and quickness through his progressions if he is to become a full-time starter in the NFL. There are absolutely draftable traits and upside, but he will need extended work to smooth out his flaws. Until then, a team would be wise to utilize him on short-yardage packages
Yet he has similar stats to the QB that was drafted #2 overall.....plus Dak hasn't had the luxury of playing back to back winless teams.

Reaction score
Growing pains. He's a young QB, unpolished, he needs to improve in multiple areas, there's no reason to take this as harsh criticism.

mcmvp

Reaction score
He's actually McNabb and Air McNair combined to me. I would take either in a heartbeat, although I hated McNabb!! But I had reasons for that at least.

He reminds me a little of McNabb as well. Not quite as athletic or as strong an arm...but similar.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I like Dak and think he'll be a good one still.
But I had and have to laugh at those who said and still say if we had a draft do-over, Dak would have been picked over Wentz and Goff.
No, he wouldn't. He might have been taken in the first, but not in the top 5. Wentz would go first, then Goff.
Believe that was NFL GMs. Hilarious

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's actually McNabb and Air McNair combined to me. I would take either in a heartbeat, although I hated McNabb!! But I had reasons for that at least.

Mcnabb is one of my all time most hated.

I couldn't stand him, Shockey, and Merton Hanks.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
god, enough. if not for him we lose last week. he did well against the giants. he did incredible all of last year.

worst fan base after a loss.
Haha..

oh my.

you mean we can't ALL BE RIGHT?

Impossible'.

That's French.

Ask Gimme The Ball.

He knows everything that is couthe'.