There was a reason Dak was not drafted before the 4th round

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So, just to recap the theme of this thread....it's four games (four!) into his second season (second!) and some want to move on from Dak because he will never be a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers type of quarterback.

Prescott's "struggles" (and I don't see them, I see the same QB) were to be expected. If anybody thought he was going 13-3 with a 23-4 TD-pick ratio every single year, they need to check out of la-la land.

Go back to 2016. At this point there were the same questions being asked about Rodgers. Green Bay started 4-6 last year and A-Rod was missing throws all over the place. Then he got back into form and all was well.

Some fans seem to have zero patience and jump ship the minute the boat rocks a little. Dak Prescott is just fine. He's going to be just fine. And so are the Cowboys.

Of course, there is a team in the NFC East with an established pocket quarterback, two proven all-pro receivers, two stud edge rushers on defense, and a Pro Bowl cornerback and safety......all things the Cowboys lack.....they are the 0-4 Giants.

pitt33

Reaction score
Im sure that happened but how many times did you see Dak over throw Dez by a huge margin. Last drive of the game. The most important drive of the game Dez was open and Dak missed him literally by 10 yds. It was not even close. Thats the norm unfortunately with Dak.
The bottom line he is much more inaccurate this year. And quite frankly, if anything, I thought his mechanics would be better by now. How can a guy throw so well outside the pocket (while on the run no less) but border on inept from the pocket. Kind of mind boggling if you ask me.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The bottom line he is much more inaccurate this year. And quite frankly, if anything, I thought his mechanics would be better by now. How can a guy throw so well outside the pocket (while on the run no less) but border on inept from the pocket. Kind of mind boggling if you ask me.

If you watch last year's games you will see Dak making (and, yes, missing) the same throws from the pocket. He's the same guy. It took a while for Russell Wilson to become efficient from the pocket, too. The problem is the Cowboys' playcalling. They're trying to turn Prescott into something he's not.

Now, I'm not saying they have to roll Dak out on every single passing play, but they can get him on the move more than they have. Maybe move the pocket slightly around to make him more comfortable. As I said before, it's the job of the coaches to maximize the talent on hand. If they don't do that with Dak, he's going to look bad and everybody will think he's slipping. In reality, he's not.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak was not drafted before the 4 th round

he is not accurate - has no touch on his passed
I see you waited till AFTER his rookie 13-3 season to post the hate. You forgot to add that Dak was also responsible for ALL those perfect tosses that were DROPPED.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

pitt33

Reaction score
So, just to recap the theme of this thread....it's four games (four!) into his second season (second!) and some want to move on from Dak because he will never be a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers type of quarterback.

Prescott's "struggles" (and I don't see them, I see the same QB) were to be expected. If anybody thought he was going 13-3 with a 23-4 TD-pick ratio every single year, they need to check out of la-la land.

Go back to 2016. At this point there were the same questions being asked about Rodgers. Green Bay started 4-6 last year and A-Rod was missing throws all over the place. Then he got back into form and all was well.

Some fans seem to have zero patience and jump ship the minute the boat rocks a little. Dak Prescott is just fine. He's going to be just fine. And so are the Cowboys.

Of course, there is a team in the NFC East with an established pocket quarterback, two proven all-pro receivers, two stud edge rushers on defense, and a Pro Bowl cornerback and safety......all things the Cowboys lack.....they are the 0-4 Giants.
I think people (and to a point myself) get wigged out that Dak may become the next RGIII or Kaepernick.

I hope your right that this will all work out. But right now I believe there is a large percentage of the fan base that is a little skeptical and early returns of this season do indeed warrant that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I think people (and to a point myself) get wigged out that Dak may become the next RGIII or Kaepernick.

I hope your right that this will all work out. But right now I believe there is a large percentage of the fan base that is a little skeptical and early returns of this season do indeed warrant that.

Don't worry about that. RGIII's entire game was built on his running skills and once he blew out his knee, it was over for him.

For all of Dak's struggles, he's still a more polished passer than both Griffin and Kaepernick. We know this because we saw it last year (and some this year, too- look at the placement of the ball on his TD pass to Dez at Denver, for example).

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
And at least one (probably more) of those was because of yet another poor route ran by Dez
So 7 catchable balls. One was defensed by Truman. One was dropped (Dez has to do better) and the other 5 were caught.

One of the uncatchable balls should have been a touchdown. The other uncatchable ball could have been a touchdown and at the very least was going for 30 plus.

But whatever you say.

pitt33

Reaction score
If you watch last year's games you will see Dak making (and, yes, missing) the same throws from the pocket. He's the same guy. It took a while for Russell Wilson to become efficient from the pocket, too. The problem is the Cowboys' playcalling. They're trying to turn Prescott into something he's not.

Now, I'm not saying they have to roll Dak out on every single passing play, but they can get him on the move more than they have. Maybe move the pocket slightly around to make him more comfortable. As I said before, it's the job of the coaches to maximize the talent on hand. If they don't do that with Dak, he's going to look bad and everybody will think he's slipping. In reality, he's not.
Yes, this may be true, but as we now know opposing teams are going to defend Dak by rushing hard up the middle while crashing the ends to contain him.

Year two is tough on qb’s...

River82

Reaction score
So 7 catchable balls. One was defensed by Truman. One was dropped (Dez has to do better) and the other 5 were caught.

One of the uncatchable balls should have been a touchdown. The other uncatchable ball could have been a touchdown and at the very least was going for 30 plus.

But whatever you say.

One of the uncatchable balls in the endzone was because Dez ran in and Prescott threw out. Once again not on the same page. Whether you think that's Dez' fault or Prescott's fault is up to you, but Dez has major problems with his route running.

But whatever you say

ALBIT

Reaction score
Like i said so many times who cares. Who cares who he is better than. Just focus on winning games. I had to read people tell me they are a 12 13 wi. Team easily. It just drove me nuts. But of course they would just curse me out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the uncatchable balls in the endzone was because Dez ran in and Prescott threw out. Once again not on the same page. Whether you think that's Dez' fault or Prescott's fault is up to you, but Dez has major problems with his route running.

But whatever you say
I can't recall any routes by other receivers where Dak and the receiver were not on the same page. Definitey not with the frequency of occurrance that it happens with Dez.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
There was a post here in the summer where people said it. Also where he was a top 5 QB in the league. I promise you

This is why I don't like comparing QB's. There is no way to compare Tom Brady and Dak Prescott simply because they are two very different style quarterbacks at two opposite ends of their respective careers.

The best QB to compare Dak to at this stage in his career is Russell Wilson. Wilson will never be a Brady, Rodgers, or Brees either, but he's taken his team to the Super Bowl.

ALBIT

Reaction score
How many times did i have to read they will win 14 games and a lock to get to the super bowl. We all had to read it all summer. Dak os better than Brady today. He is def a top 5 QB. That statement is so laughable but people call me a hater. Im so so far from that. O kove the dallas cowboys with all my life always have. Im 44 years old but im i cant take the overreaction when something positive happens to thos team. You all forget the aeful awful awful display of defense for pretty much 20 years.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a post here in the summer where people said it. Also where he was a top 5 QB in the league. I promise you
You can find somebody that will say anything.

@Floaty says Kellen Moore is better.

Risen Star says Brady can't hold the jock of Wentz in Philly.

River82

Reaction score
I can't recall any routes by other receivers where Dak and the receiver were not on the same page. Definitey not with the frequency of occurrance that it happens with Dez.

And because he chucks to Dez more often, Dez' route running makes Dak appear worse than he is xD