There was a reason Dak was not drafted before the 4th round

Verdict

Reaction score
RT, LG, and QB need to improve. Dez could've had a better day if he was more accurate. Kudos to Dak for not forcing throws to Beasley though as he seemed to be double covered at times. Hanna didn't look like that great of a blocker.

Dez needs to pick up his game. If he doesn't he may not be a Cowboy next year.

shabazz

Reaction score
Maybe more practice time and less Dannon Yogurt commercial time may help him improve his game

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't get the Dak hate.

I realize it's a only a few, but I just don't see grounds for it.
Fair game to question any player's play on the field, so I get that. But some of this is irrational.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I do-they are either trolling or the hate comes from a different, more ominous place.
Not that you're saying that's what it is, but I would not even hint at the later. That'd be knee-jerk rationalization, imo. seems to be the fall back these days to any conversation. Can't say I see it that way.
Anyway, these detractors fall across all racial lines...if that's what you are inferring.

Coy

Reaction score
I wanted Tony to come back last year, I wanted him to play, I still think we had a better chance with him at QB than with Dak.

Saying that, I am grateful that we have Dak, he looks the part, he still has a long ways to go but we are lucky to have him.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I wanted Tony to come back last year, I wanted him to play, I still think we had a better chance with him at QB than with Dak.

Saying that, I am grateful that we have Dak, he looks the part, he still has a long ways to go but we are lucky to have him.

This is truly the floor of reasonable reactions to Dak's development so far. It boggles my mind that someone could not be very grateful and thrilled with where he's at in only a season and a half.

It really is remarkable how well he's playing for any 2nd year QB, let alone one drafted in the 4th round. For some people its current day Aaron Rodgers (which Romo was not even close to) or bust.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak played well yesterday - that was a great game. But if anyone wants to sit here and say he looked as good as last year for the first 4 games then they are not seeing straight. He was not throwing that well and was not finding intermediate receivers and his pocket precense was not that great. By the way, that Arizona defense that was supposed to be one of the top in the league got shredded by the Eagles.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Not that you're saying that's what it is, but I would not even hint at the later. That'd be knee-jerk rationalization, imo. seems to be the fall back these days to any conversation. Can't say I see it that way.
Anyway, these detractors fall across all racial lines...if that's what you are inferring.

Ok, so why else would people be so critical of the third highest rated qb at his age of all-time???? Outside of being an Eagles/NFC east team troll?
If we can't admit it exists how will we get over it? Not implying anyone who doesn't like him is a racist, but there has to be a some element of prejudice to SOME of the hate.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Ok, so why else would people be so critical of the third highest rated qb at his age of all-time???? Outside of being an Eagles/NFC east team troll?
If we can't admit it exists how will we get over it? Not implying anyone who doesn't like him is a racist, but there has to be a some element of prejudice to SOME of the hate.
I think a lot of it has to do with some people unable to let go of Tony Romo.

aikemirv

Reaction score

It really is simple: It is just hypocrisy...

Dak did not lose the game against Green Bay in the playoffs - he was impeccable....
-

Romo lost us the Giants playoff game....and yet Crayton stops his route....

DFWJC

Reaction score
So you are insinuating that.
Oooohkay. It's you're right to go there. it's a default for some...I get that.

As I said, I think he's been plenty good.
Others may be seeing that he is 19th in passing yards per game. (an overrated stat)
Or that his QB rating is 13th, and down a lot from last year.
Or that he's matched last years ints after just 5 games (yet 4 picks with 11 TDs is not bad at all)
Again, I think he's been good but some folks see negatives. It was that way with Tony too, btw.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Dak played well yesterday - that was a great game. But if anyone wants to sit here and say he looked as good as last year for the first 4 games then they are not seeing straight. He was not throwing that well and was not finding intermediate receivers and his pocket precense was not that great. By the way, that Arizona defense that was supposed to be one of the top in the league got shredded by the Eagles.

I haven't seen very many people claim that. He was up and down to start the season but appears to have found his groove and looks an awfully lot like last year recently. All QBs, including Aaron Rodgers, have ups and downs. It's certainly very normal for a 2nd year QB. He remains well, well ahead of the curve progression wise and possesses the mental toughness to work through adversity too, which is huge.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It really is simple: It is just hypocrisy...

Dak did not lose the game against Green Bay in the playoffs - he was impeccable....
-

Romo lost us the Giants playoff game....and yet Crayton stops his route....

Dak was fine.

Ouch
That pass 2007 should have ended the Giants Super Bowl run . Perfect game-winning pass by Tony...Crayton pulls up, not to be. Instead the Giants go on to win it all.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak was great that game.

But hen you just showed the video of Crayton cutting his route short on a perfect pass that what would have been the game-winning TD...and you used it as an example of Romo losing the game?
Come on!

That is the hypocrisy I am talking about. you did not catch the hypocrisy I was trying to show!!

People say Romo costs us the Giants game but Dak did not cost us the Green Bay game and yet Dak actually made a big mistake in scoring territory.....