These cheating refs are out of control. I’m sick of it!

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s one of the reasons why I don’t get invested in NFL football anymore. I abandoned the NBA years ago cause of their game rigging. The NFL has just about pushed me away.
I’m tired of the refs purposefully keeping games close so there are constantly dramatic endings for the higher ratings and ad money payouts.
That's exactly what is happening. It's seriously time for new refs. The college refs did so much of a better job when they filled in.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
The problem is consistency…. Why is a minor hold called against buffalo but Micah parsons get mauled in games and no call.

Why is a slight jersey grab callled in one half but not the other.

Like in our game vs Philly
Did you get to watch the Cowboys winning championships in the 70’s or 90’s?

One of the reasons people hated the Cowboys so much was the perception that the Cowboys got all the calls, all the time. When you’re winning, that’s the perception.

When you’re not winning, and/or need the help of other teams, it’s gonna seem like the refs are out to getcha. And this is the place the Cowboys have now been for almost three decades.

Confirmation bias also plays a huge role, when we don’t get the results that we need (on an emotional level), we scream about conspiracy theories…like refs targeting only certain teams, ironically our team and the teams we need help from.

The old adage ”winning fixes everything “ is so very true. Just win, and the bad calls that may or may not have happened won’t be remembered, but more importantly those bad calls won’t matter.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

These cheating refs are out of control. I’m sick of it!​

Season in and season out these refs keep helping the dirty birds, chiefs and used to help the patriots. Buffalo should have won that game!!!!! They were robbed! I am sick and tired of watching the same stupid biased cheating ref calls and non calls over and over and over and over and over. These refs are out of control! It doesn’t matter if we go 10-7, 12-5 or 17-0! We will walk into the playoffs and the refs will hit us with an uppercut!! Oh I hate it!!!
tenor.gif

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Here's some of my research regarding penalties over a 23 year period from 2000-2023. That is more than sufficient sample size, and more than adequate for the theory of "the calls even out over time" to be tested.

Here are some examples so far:

Seasons with 100 or more penalties

Green Bay: 11
Pittsburgh: 9
Dallas: 18

Seasons with 80 or less penalties

Green Bay: 4
Pittsburgh: 3
Dallas: 0

Whole league breakdown coming soon, but so far it isn't looking good for the theory that "calls even out over time" and "no bias".

Mark

Reaction score
Anyone tuning-in to the game got to see a lost episode of "The Sopranos."

Pevansjr

Reaction score
10-1? That's ignoring a lot of evidence just to keep your peace of mind.
Peace of mind. Nah, I don't get worked up over games one way or another anymore for that to be an issue, especially when it's another team. I'm not saying it's impossible that games are fixed, I just personally don't believe they are, I think it's more incompetence than anything else, but I certainly could be wrong and if someone else does think it's because of nefarious reasons I'm cool with that, we can have differing points of view, we're not robots.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Season in and season out these refs keep helping the dirty birds, chiefs and used to help the patriots. Buffalo should have won that game!!!!! They were robbed! I am sick and tired of watching the same stupid biased cheating ref calls and non calls over and over and over and over and over. These refs are out of control! It doesn’t matter if we go 10-7, 12-5 or 17-0! We will walk into the playoffs and the refs will hit us with an uppercut!! Oh I hate it!!!
While I don’t believe it’s true, I could debate the side that says NFL results are predetermined. It would be in the best interest of the league to treat it like ‘pro’ wrestling, but I don’t think they do.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Eagles trolls are all outing themselves on this thread.

I'm not a Bills fan. But, man...they suffered tonight the worst officiating screw-job in a half that I've seen watching the NFL since 1970. The refs didn't even try to hide it. It was like a pro wrestling match that used to come on TV Saturday afternoons years ago. And the entire country saw it. And should be outraged. I hate that professional, organized (crime) gamblers have taken over professional sports, and completely ruined it for anyone who wants to see a fair contest, and not some staged, "entertainment" event.
Do you read what you’re about to post before you “Post reply”?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Here's some of my research regarding penalties over a 23 year period from 2000-2023. That is more than sufficient sample size, and more than adequate for the theory of "the calls even out over time" to be tested.

Here are some examples so far:

Seasons with 100 or more penalties

Green Bay: 11
Pittsburgh: 9
Dallas: 18

Seasons with 80 or less penalties

Green Bay: 4
Pittsburgh: 3
Dallas: 0

Whole league breakdown coming soon, but so far it isn't looking good for the theory that "calls even out over time" and "no bias".
Hire Tomlin as head coach. Otherwise, hire the best you head coach you can.

Mark

Reaction score
Do you read what you’re about to post before you “Post reply”?
The Eagles trolls are all outing themselves on this thread.

I'm not a Bills fan. But, man...they suffered tonight the worst officiating screw-job in a half that I've seen watching the NFL since 1970. The refs didn't even try to hide it. It was like a pro wrestling match that used to come on TV Saturday afternoons years ago. And the entire country saw it. And should be outraged. I hate that professional, organized (crime) gamblers have taken over professional sports, and completely ruined it for anyone who wants to see a fair contest, and not some staged, "entertainment" event.
Another one outed...it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They aren't cheating they just suck at their jobs and the NFL is too egotistical to see that a lot of fans are losing interest because of it.

Eventually it is going to come to a head and their ratings will suffer.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They aren't cheating they just suck at their jobs and the NFL is too egotistical to see that a lot of fans are losing interest because of it.

Eventually it is going to come to a head and their ratings will suffer.
Perhaps in my grand daughters’ lifetime. And that’s just a maybe.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seemed like a well called game to me. Not sure what you’re talking about.

In fact, I’m amazed at how good the refs are year in and year out. The game is so fast, have you ever been on the sideline for a pro game? I have, It’s shockingly fast. I have no idea how they get things right as much as they do.
Eagles horsecollar tackle on Bills QB to the point of ripping his jersey.
- They didn't call it but called the QB for intentional grounding.

It was terrible officiating.

Only question is incompetence or intentional.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
m6EnOrM.gif

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I've seen Micah parsons held so many times this year it's unreal. No calls. It's not only that the officiating is inconsistent game to game, but in our case against the eagles it was half to half. First half not many flags, second half, everything ticky tack. I also believe that some officiating crews are bias... that they don't want to make close calls for certain teams cause they don't want to show favoritism to certain teams. So anything close they let go.

I've said it time and time again. Why in the SB is there not 10 flags on each team? It's not cause it's an "all star crew"... it's cause the nfl instructs them. If it isn't an egregious foul... let them play. Thats how it should be every week. Not call it tight one quarter and let them play another. There is 0 consistency.

The nfl is a billon dollar industry. Put 20 people in a room to review close calls in real time. It can be done..... and in the worse case it adds time to the games? So what.... nobody would care they love the product so much.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I've seen Micah parsons held so many times this year it's unreal. No calls. It's not only that the officiating is inconsistent game to game, but in our case against the eagles it was half to half. First half not many flags, second half, everything ticky tack. I also believe that some officiating crews are bias... that they don't want to make close calls for certain teams cause they don't want to show favoritism to certain teams. So anything close they let go.

I've said it time and time again. Why in the SB is there not 10 flags on each team? It's not cause it's an "all star crew"... it's cause the nfl instructs them. If it isn't an egregious foul... let them play. Thats how it should be every week. Not call it tight one quarter and let them play another. There is 0 consistency.

The nfl is a billon dollar industry. Put 20 people in a room to review close calls in real time. It can be done..... and in the worse case it adds time to the games? So what.... nobody would care they love the product so much.
The owners would care. The notion you think you know better than they do what is good for the sports league they own is deluded.