They cannot make the Lamb mistake again

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yes, it was a mistake because it was all for flash and splash while bobbing around on the ocean, it was a pick for applause. It was all luxury for a team deep in needs.

The case some make is the value of Lamb at 17. Was he not a value at 16, 15, 14, 13? Why did those GM's pass on him? Because they're GM's with their jobs on the line to improve the team, not take a bow for a draft pick.

Another case is what D player was worth that pick? Chaisson? The answer is any D player that could help the worst D in the league and worst in Cowboys history. He didn't have to be a world beater, just a player they could count on to be 1 of the 11.

1 of 11. How many do they have now? If they'd used that on a D player, might they be closer than they are now? And what if he doesn't work out? Then they'd know and keep going back to the well.

I saw all of the celebrating here when they took Lamb and few asking why was he available? Partly because most GM's were trying to fill needs and partly because they didn't have him at 6th on their board.

He was the Cowboys first pick and led them in drops and was 2nd in the league in drops but his fans here will make excuses for him. And WR is the most plentiful position in the league.

This draft should be the easiest for the Cowboys, if they go D as they should have last year. Their needs are plenty and the only position they don't need with that first pick is DE.

The Lamb pick was a mistake and I had 0 doubt about that then or now. However, my greatest doubt about this team remains the same, they're just not good at talent evaluation and compound that by doubling down on some of their selections because they look at it from an ego standpoint. If it is mine, it must be good.

Lamb? No thank you, give me the beef!
****** cc, Lamb was the only possible move in that spot. No one imagined our D being so horrible at that point in time.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Yes, it was a mistake because it was all for flash and splash while bobbing around on the ocean, it was a pick for applause. It was all luxury for a team deep in needs.

The case some make is the value of Lamb at 17. Was he not a value at 16, 15, 14, 13? Why did those GM's pass on him? Because they're GM's with their jobs on the line to improve the team, not take a bow for a draft pick.

Another case is what D player was worth that pick? Chaisson? The answer is any D player that could help the worst D in the league and worst in Cowboys history. He didn't have to be a world beater, just a player they could count on to be 1 of the 11.

1 of 11. How many do they have now? If they'd used that on a D player, might they be closer than they are now? And what if he doesn't work out? Then they'd know and keep going back to the well.

I saw all of the celebrating here when they took Lamb and few asking why was he available? Partly because most GM's were trying to fill needs and partly because they didn't have him at 6th on their board.

He was the Cowboys first pick and led them in drops and was 2nd in the league in drops but his fans here will make excuses for him. And WR is the most plentiful position in the league.

This draft should be the easiest for the Cowboys, if they go D as they should have last year. Their needs are plenty and the only position they don't need with that first pick is DE.

The Lamb pick was a mistake and I had 0 doubt about that then or now. However, my greatest doubt about this team remains the same, they're just not good at talent evaluation and compound that by doubling down on some of their selections because they look at it from an ego standpoint. If it is mine, it must be good.

You are wrong! It was the smart choice and he is a future star.

waving monkey

Reaction score

892 yards his rookie season is a mistake?

BigD_95

Reaction score

Chaisson Who they would have taken and been a massive mistake has 1 sack and 19 tackles and started 3 game’s. Guy has bust written all over him.

CeeDee has 74 catches 935 yards 5 TD also a rushing TD and special teams TD

Cowboys would have been fools to pass on CeeDee

doomsday808

Reaction score
No regrets taking Lamb.
1) As much as I like Gallup, he will get picked up and paid somewhere else.
2) Eagles would have drafted Lamb. Hurts and Lamb would give us nightmares for years to come.
3) Can't pass up talent when it falls to you.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Lamb was the best pick they could have made.

A passing offense is priority #1 in the NFL and whatever a team chooses to make #2 is way, way behind that.
Looks like Jefferson would have been a great pick, but most teams blew that one.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

So are you scapegoating CeeDee here?

Jerrah?

McCarthy?

Or could it have been CeeDee was BPA?

As the trade for Cooper .his trade to determined was .made to assist in what was needed ..

So you are implying a lot of of suspects here. Need more clarity

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamb was the best pick they could have made.

A passing offense is priority #1 in the NFL and whatever a team chooses to make #2 is way, way behind that.
Then why are we losing because our D sucks?

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamb does appear too good to pass up. However, if you're good w/ the Lamb pick then you're good w/ being 2-3 years away.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Needs to work on drops but he is Cooper's replacement in two years.

Cooper is the real problem right now,....yawning big on the bench yesterday 10 minutes before kickoff. Less than 50 yards yesterday, right on cue.....for 20 million per, he is FAR from being ANY kind of a "difference maker".....sick of his disappearance act.

ghst187

Reaction score
Hope we make the “Lamb mistake” every draft where we take a potential pro bowl player because he inexplicably falls into our laps. Draft is for talent...FA is for patching holes.

Adreme

Reaction score
The thing about the Lamb pick is that if he works out what he represents is saving money at WR by cutting Amari and using that money to land a defender. Do I agree with the pick? Not really I think that there had to be someone else clamoring to trade up to make that exact pick so taking value would have bee nice but at the same time I get it.

Proof

Reaction score
-------Needs to work on drops but he is Cooper's replacement in two years.

Cooper is the real problem right now,....yawning big on the bench yesterday 10 minutes before kickoff. Less than 50 yards yesterday, right on cue.....for 20 million per, he is FAR from being ANY kind of a "difference maker".....sick of his disappearance act.

utter silliness