Things you have eaten before but never again

csirl

Reaction score
Oops, I messed up. I shouldn't count Brussels sprouts because I never actually swallowed any. lol

Most people dont prepare them correctly. You have to peel off the outer layer of leaves (reduces bitterness) and put a couple of cuts into the base of the stem (otherwise is too hard).

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Dog. Was completely UNAWARE that I was trying it. Was over in China on business and my co-workers decided to do a 'taste test' with me since it was my first time being there. Upon learning what I had just eaten, I immediately pulled the trigger to rid myself of this 'delicacy'. When I returned home, I walked in the door and immediately knew that I was on the proverbial 'poop list' by the look on my dog's face. I spent the next month spoiling here with whatever she wanted, took her on daily walks and allowed her to sleep on the bed. Lesson learned.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Most people dont prepare them correctly. You have to peel off the outer layer of leaves (reduces bitterness) and put a couple of cuts into the base of the stem (otherwise is too hard).
That's another one of those foods that can be tolerated if it tastes like the condiments instead of itsself.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Boiled sheep's head - a ritualistic delicacy enjoyed by the ethnic Kazakhs in Kazakhstan.

Actually, I really don't remember the taste as I had deadened my senses with copious amounts of vodka.

o_O

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Wait......lake trout in the same places as salmon? I thought salmon were river fish?

These are landlock atlantic salmon. They will run up the rivers during spawning season but they spend the majority of the year in the lake in their preferred temperature zone, as do the lakers. They both will be in the same areas in the spring when the water temp is pretty much uniform throughout the lake.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Ok, was going to say that arctic char is delicious! But, I am still puzzled on how lake trout and salmon are in the same body of water(lake) in Vermont.....:huh:
At one time Champlain was open to the north atlantic. Sea run salmon were cutoff from the sea when the water began to recede.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These are landlock atlantic salmon. They will run up the rivers during spawning season but they spend the majority of the year in the lake in their preferred temperature zone, as do the lakers. They both will be in the same areas in the spring when the water temp is pretty much uniform throughout the lake.
Okay, I thought you were telling me a fish tale! :laugh: