Think any players kneel tomorrow night?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You demand respect for how you handle your private enterprise but do not afford that to NFL clubs. It just demonstrates how your take is hypocritical and to be ignored.
I'm not demanding anything of the NFL that I don't demand of my own business. Maybe you need to look up the meaning of hypocrite.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm not demanding anything of the NFL that I don't demand of my own business. Maybe you need to look up the meaning of hypocrite.

You said this was about forcing their ideology on everyone. You are demanding that the NFL adhere to your ideology. It's rank hypocrisy and nowhere near your place.

You are free to boycott or otherwise protest but we both know that is not going to happen.

Do you disagree with the following seeing that this is what they are protesting for:

Police enjoy extra rights over the public that protect them from investigation and prosecution.
The standards for use of force need to be reformed.
Police do not receive near enough training.
There is an inherent conflict of interest in how police investigations and prosecutions are normally conducted.
Police policies like stop and frisk and broken windows are ineffective and disproportionately target minorities.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
See the usual suspects deflecting from what the protests are about and instead trying to squash the protests from happening. The irony of the desire for sports to be their safe space is just delicious.

Police enjoy extra rights over the public that protect them from investigation and prosecution.
There is an inherent conflict of interest in how police investigations and prosecutions are normally conducted.
Police policies like stop and frisk and broken windows are ineffective and disproportionately target minorities.

The NFL and its players have a point.
If that is the point of the protest then why not direct it at the police and security staff protecting the stadiums?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You said this was about forcing their ideology on everyone. You are demanding that the NFL adhere to your ideology. It's rank hypocrisy and nowhere near your place.

You are free to boycott or otherwise protest but we both know that is not going to happen.

Do you disagree with the following seeing that this is what they are protesting for:

I haven't even said a word about MY ideology so how could I be insisting anyone follow my lead?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If that is the point of the protest then why not direct it at the police and security staff protecting the stadiums?

Begging a question is not an argument. Every harebrained notion that comes into your head is not automatically justified nor am I going to waste my time making your argument for you.

I see your willful ignorance.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I haven't even said a word about MY ideology so how could I be insisting anyone follow my lead?

You have an ideology on how a business should be run. You want the NFL to fall in line. Shall I quote the examples of what you considered to be appropriate employee behavior?

shabazz

Reaction score
Kaepernick has been black-listed by the NFL. In many ways there is no need for him to filter himself.

Not sure but, isn't that term one of the words that disenfranchises certain segments of society?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Begging a question is not an argument. Every harebrained notion that comes into your head is not automatically justified nor am I going to waste my time making your argument for you.

I see your willful ignorance.
Translation....I checkmated your blathering ramblings and you retreat.

Reactions: Ken

mmohican29

Reaction score
Why do you say respect for the fallen when it's been said time and time that's not what's it's about? Guess you want to have a "valid" reason to dislike it eh? If that's the case I hope you respect all them bylaws posted earlier about the flag since you claim you're sooo for it.

Sir, I don't know where you grew up and nor do I care. I was told by my father to always remove my cap and cross my heart, and take a moment to thank our veterans for giving their lives so that my generation was protected. This was while listening to the National Anthem being played.

I don't care what "it's" about. I don't have to like "it". And others don't have to feel the way I do about not liking it. That's the beauty of this country. I believe the players should be grateful to play a children's game and make millions doing it. I believe that taking a knee does nothing to further the causes for which this action represents.

I believe that pro-sports should be a lifting experience to divert us from whatever our day to day live stressors might be. It should be a community building experience, and it should be fun.

As for the flag by laws. When I am appointed head-flag handler, I'll be sure to look those over.

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The senator is a dotard.

OK, nice taking with you.

Some light reading on your way out...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/...sts.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You have an ideology on how a business should be run. You want the NFL to fall in line. Shall I quote the examples of what you considered to be appropriate employee behavior?
My business is my business. The NFL is also my business... I'm a season ticket folder.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My business is my business. The NFL is also my business... I'm a season ticket folder.

You are a customer. You don't get to go into Home Depot and dicate store policy because you buy some plywood. Your megalomania is about all I see here.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Sir, I don't know where you grew up and nor do I care. I was told by my father to always remove my cap and cross my heart, and take a moment to thank our veterans for giving their lives so that my generation was protected. This was while listening to the National Anthem being played.

I don't care what "it's" about. I don't have to like "it". And others don't have to feel the way I do about not liking it. That's the beauty of this country. I believe the players should be grateful to play a children's game and make millions doing it. I believe that taking a knee does nothing to further the causes for which this action represents.

I believe that pro-sports should be a lifting experience to divert us from whatever our day to day live stressors might be. It should be a community building experience, and it should be fun.

As for the flag by laws. When I am appointed head-flag handler, I'll be sure to look those over.
I was taught the same thing.:)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:p Thanks, your ignorance is quite precious as well. :D

I support my claims of your megalomania with the specific examples of you claiming victory in an internet argument and you claiming that you are qualified to dictate policy to the NFL.

We both know you cannot do the same in kind.