This defense is special

glimmerman

Reaction score
Extend Quinn. He has put together a good Defense. Every time jones dropped back it was like bowling a strike. Pins fly everywhere and done he goes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not saying our DL isn’t good—I’m saying let’s not get too carried away yet. Is the Giants’ rookie OT NOT a screen door? Let me ask you another question. Even though Tampa and Cincy were very good in 2021, would you agree they’re both kinda weak on the OL so far this year, Yes or no?
If this were an unexpected performance by our D, I'd be right there with you, ES, but they've been ballin'!

stuckindc

Reaction score
I disagree as Aikman said. They don’t sniff a super bowl without him. Quite ironic that their defense went to number 1 the year Haley arrived. But ya , he didn’t do anything to lift his team or teammates

ESisback

Reaction score
If this were an unexpected performance by our D, I'd be right there with you, ES, but they've been ballin'!

I agree, they’re ballin’ and it’s awesome. All I’m saying is I’ll slap the Doomsday Two label on ‘em once they consistently stop teams with strong running games. Philthy has a strong OL and an excellent couple of runners. They shut Philly down, I’ll be100%. Right now I’m 98%. JMO.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I haven’t seen a Cowboys defense play this well since Doomsday. They’re playing even better than the 90’s defense so far. It’s only been 3 games so the jury is still out, but if they keep this up this team is going a long way.
Haven’t been alive that long but nice to see I am witnessing one of the best defenses in the teams recent history

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree, they’re ballin’ and it’s awesome. All I’m saying is I’ll slap the Doomsday Two label on ‘em once they consistently stop teams with strong running games. Philthy has a strong OL and an excellent couple of runners. They shut Philly down, I’ll be100%. Right now I’m 98%. JMO.
Oh yeah, it's definitely too soon to label them "D2", but if they keep up what they've been doing all season, against every team, I'll be happy to vote on a nickname.

ESisback

Reaction score
Imagine this year’s D with last year’s O! What’s the difference? It can’t ALL be Cooper!

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I said it before the season started this is a top 5 defense. And only getting better. It’s so refreshing to watch a bunch of junkyard dogs fight for table scraps. With this defense, a strong running game and o-line we have a chance to beat anyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know man. It's just been soooo long since the thought was even worth entertaining.

I'll hold back until the SB post game thread....
I hope you caught that I was saying "Still too soon", because your post was immediately after ES's post, which I replied, "Too soon" to. ...sigh...Some of these are just for me. :D

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I hope you caught that I was saying "Still too soon", because your post was immediately after ES's post, which I replied, "Too soon" to. ...sigh...Some of these are just for me. :D
I did catch that but I took both replies as meaning it was too soon to be honoring the defense with a name.
Wouldn't surprise me if I misunderstood. I rarely know what the hell is going on.....o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did catch that but I took both replies as meaning it was too soon to be honoring the defense with a name.
Wouldn't surprise me if I misunderstood. I rarely know what the hell is going on.....o_O
:laugh:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
So let’s see. The OP has started two threads. One is about this special defense and the other is about the genius of Kellen Moore……these are threads to take away any credit from Cooper Rush

He’s one of Daks Protectors and figured out that the other 2 guys that started threads called “the pass was behind Brown” and “Rush had the highest inaccuracy rating” didn’t go over so well.

I have to give him credit for the passive-aggressive approach to getting his point across…..must have learned this tact at the “leadership seminars” he’s reminded us that he’s attended.

What’s his next thread gonna be? “ Giants pass defense is highly overrated”……it’s coming

PRETZEL LOGIC