This is why Amari wanted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The idea that Dak didn't process this play is bull.

I watched an all-22 video on this and it showed that Dak had to wait an extra split second to read the safeties before he could throw to Ferguson. The Chargers were rolling them all game and it made Dak pause just to make sure they weren't baiting him. And since there was immediate pressure on the play he had to quickly move out of the pocket and by then Ferguson was covered.

Dak has had some misses this year that warrant second guessing, but this one is not one of them. There's a lot more to a play than meets the eye.

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
....Troy forgot what its like not having OL hold up.

Lets refresh Troy highlights, on one his last games of his career.

He was playing the Eagles. Eagles D was eating his lunch.

Finally, after like two sacks in row. He got up yelling at his OL, pointing fingers.

Dude, was BEYOND frustrated.

So yeah, Dak was under duress last night.
And he forgets his rookie year was 1 and 15. Hmm I thought great QBs never have a losing season? He never talks about that does he? Great team is what wins games.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea that Dak didn't process this play is bull.

I watched an all-22 video on this and it showed that Dak had to wait an extra split second to read the safeties before he could throw to Ferguson. The Chargers were rolling them all game and it made Dak pause just to make sure they weren't baiting him. And since there was immediate pressure on the play he had to quickly move out of the pocket and by then Ferguson was covered.

Dak has had some misses this year that warrant second guessing, but this one is not one of them. There's a lot more to a play than meets the eye.
So how does that compare to other QB's? This observation that he had to "wait to make sure the defense wasn't baiting him".

I would think that would freeze the QB, be late on reads, and not throwing before the break (if there is one). But I'm just a casual fan...asking sincerely.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he forgets his rookie year was 1 and 15. Hmm I thought great QBs never have a losing season? He never talks about that does he? Great team is what wins games.
I think ignoring the team Troy landed on versus the team Dak landed on is being very intellectually dishonset...at best.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak should have known pre-snap that the middle of the field was vacant. He also knows what route Fergy is running before the snap. So before the snap dak should have known Fergy could potentially be wide open, even if that LB tries to carry him up field Fergy would have a step on him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So how does that compare to other QB's? This observation that he had to "wait to make sure the defense wasn't baiting him".

I would think that would freeze the QB, be late on reads, and not throwing before the break (if there is one). But I'm just a casual fan...asking sincerely.
That's fair but we are focusing on one bad play in a game in which Dak made several that were crucial to the win. No QB is perfect. I think a lot of people here think Justin Herbert is a better QB than Dak, yet by every metric Dak outplayed him Monday night.

I understand there's a lot of Dak angst for a variety of reasons, but to expect him to be perfect on every snap is unrealistic. He missed this throw. But we won't have dozen page threads on each of the 21 throws he DID make.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think that was the point he was making.. Troy was great but without a team it doesnt work.
I saw it different. Troy was the usual #1 pick that goes to a crappy team. That's how you get the high pick...and choose a QB. ****** team!

We had tony...the team was stacked for him to win. Not sure where we drafted but we certainly didn;t need a high round QB. VERY NICE team with adding total stud RB.

Dak walks into a GREAT team

Comparing their TEAM record is apples and oranges.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I saw it different. Troy was the usual #1 pick that goes to a crappy team. That's how you get the high pick...and choose a QB. ****** team!

We had tony...the team was stacked for him to win. Not sure where we drafted but we certainly didn;t need a high round QB. VERY NICE team with adding total stud RB.

Dak walks into a GREAT team

Comparing their TEAM record is apples and oranges.
Dak did and put up a great season for a rookie.. again that defense is what it is, but yeah Dak did a great job behind a great line...alot of QB's do.
Troy had great seasons once they got good players around him also...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak did and put up a great season for a rookie.. again that defense is what it is, but yeah Dak did a great job behind a great line...alot of QB's do.
Troy had great seasons once they got good players around him also...
I just think comparing those rookie years...well proves a point....sure. The team.

But also how lucky Dak was. Troy had to fight and claw through it, Dak handed off to Zeke.

And I agree he handled the spot light pretty well. I can only wonder if we had given the team back to who it was built for.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nailed it. Yet others like TROY IGNORE the degree of difficulty by which Dak had to play with all night and he flourished still. Made a beautiful TD pass to Cooks. Not many QB's in the NFL can make that throw, especially under pressure, falling back. That was deadly accurate. A perfect Pass.HE made another to MG, but was dropped..
Really? I mean mean easy their sparky sheesh!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I just think comparing those rookie years...well proves a point....sure. The team.

But also how lucky Dak was. Troy had to fight and claw through it, Dak handed off to Zeke.

And I agree he handled the spot light pretty well. I can only wonder if we had given the team back to who it was built for.
Again i love T Romo but to be frank that D was still gonna lose to A-rod..we saw it in 2014... thats not on Tony its still on Jerry as is the last 27 years..

Status
Not open for further replies.