This notion that the players are "greedy" is nonsense

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Is not the salary cap set by the portion of profits the Player's Association agreed upon ? Then really Dak is demanding a bigger piece at the cost of the lower men on the totem. Don't understand why there isn't more of an uproar from lower level players.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No! Jerry caused this mess. He cant buy to a SB anymore.

It's the man with money...so far, no good. But he is rich, HOF.

If they get rid of the salary, JJ would try and buy his way with a team he could buy.
I understand you have a gripe with Jerry, so do I especially when it comes to him acting like a gm, but I think you missed my point entirely

GINeric

Reaction score
F
If Dak was a 4 time super bowl champion like Mahomes I would pay him what he reportedly is demanding - a market setting, highest in NFL history contract. But the guy can't beat really good teams and disappears in the playoffs every damn year.

For him to demand a contract like that makes him what? GREEDY. It doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's just how it is.

First of all, the market is reset all the time at the quarterback AND other positions. Secondly, Dak HAS led wins over really good teams before. So it's ok to try and express your opinions without telling lies my friend.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Just so you know, I read the first sentence, then glanced up and noticed your name is FanofJerry so I stopped and continued on with my life.
Sad reply.

Resulting to insults that point at a posters username.

Avoiding continuing reasonable conversation.

Attack, distract or go silent...the blueprint.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I keep hearing about how Dak is greedy and Lamb is greedy and how the players need to do what's right, yadda yadda yadda. A NFL players career is extremely short and they hire agents to ensure they maximize their earning potential while they're still in their prime and able to perform at elite levels. Most of these guys don't come from much at all, and know they'll need to stack up everything they can to set themselves up and their families up for life after their career ends.

Owners are BILLIONAIRES. They're mainly older men with extremely deep pockets and no worries about what their future holds in terms of finances. If they don't have the ability to work the salary cap in their favor to keep the talent they have on the team and remain competitive, than the player is the last one to be blamed. NFL players have the worst players association, they don't have guaranteed contracts, they're at risk of CTE, and they're putting their bodies on the line every week to entertain the fans.

Jerry had all the time in the world to extend these guys and his priorities were completely out of whack . So while we want our Cowboys to remain competitive and we want our guys to sign, the only direction fingers should be pointing is at Jerry and his big face son. All this talk about "go out there and earn it, show up in the playoffs and you'll get your money..." that's not how it works. They work through training camp, meetings, practices, the regular season and hopefully the playoffs. They've earned their money and they WILL be paid their money. Supply and demand, just like any other industry. Now if you decide you no longer want to make a run at the super bowl and you're content scrapping the whole thing and starting over, you have that option. I think it's a loser's mentality but it's certainly an option. Either way though, it's not the players fault you can't get your financial affairs in order. The player has created their own value and deserves to be paid for it.
NFL players deserve to participate in the success of the NFL and team. However, many of these guys get to play a sport they love and when it becomes just about the money more than winning I get the fan perspective and why they may see the player as selfish.

You're right players put their bodies on the line and should be compensated for that risk, but at the minimum they make equal to 12 years of pay for the average worker in a single season. A player making 60 million in a year is equal to that of 23 people over a 40 year career. Military, policeman, and firefighters also put their well being on the line and make nothing close to a minimum NFL player. So I don't have sympathy for these players holding out to make an extra few million a year so they can be the top paid guy.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Well said. Only an idiot would give a home time discount to a team whose last championship was 1995.
lol...its like all the "US citizens" complaining about California real estate being bought up by "foreigners"....

no one wants to talk about the people willingly selling and making a profit....its the buyers that are the problem...

lol

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
One thing that is being missed is why should Dak and Lamb take hometown discounts for this organization especially?

Our owner is a delusional narcissistic moron that has roleplayed as an NFL GM for decades while winning nothing by doing it his way. The organization is not taken seriously by a lot of people in the sport. If I were the players I'd get what I am worth too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Look at the team salary’s bro. The Boys salary was always much more than any other teams and it wasn’t close. Look at the Dodgers and the Oakland A’s now. That’s the same way we used to outspend the other teams.
Dude, you said he bought those super bowls. He did not. We drafted and traded for that team, w/ a few key FAs. No big money big name ones. I think James Washington might've been a FA.

Looks like you got this one incorrect.

What year was it that he fought Emmit on his contract? Yeah, big spender.

coult44

Reaction score
Dude, you said he bought those super bowls. He did not. We drafted and traded for that team, w/ a few key FAs. No big money big name ones. I think James Washington might've been a FA.

Looks like you got this one incorrect.

What year was it that he fought Emmit on his contract? Yeah, big spender.
I might have got the spending wrong, I’ll have to go look. I think Emmit signed in 95 or 96, for about 8 million.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
One thing that is being missed is why should Dak and Lamb take hometown discounts for this organization especially?

Our owner is a delusional narcissistic moron that has roleplayed as an NFL GM for decades while winning nothing by doing it his way. The organization is not taken seriously by a lot of people in the sport. If I were the players I'd get what I am worth too.
Winning nothing, lol?

Most valuable sports franchise in the World. I went to the State Fair a couple of years ago on a Monday when there was a Monday Night Football Cowboys game....literally 1 out of every 3 people had a Cowboys shirt on, hat on, or jersey on. Im not exaggerating at all.

By the way...I took the DART rail to the Auto Show and got to, no lie, ride in a RAM TRX as it was floored and jumped a dirt ramp...for free, inside the State Fair. All four wheels...well off the ground. I sat in the passenger seat while the RAM rep was living his best life.

Jipper

Reaction score
Uh...when 50 mil is a low ball offer ya lost me....

Inflated bs- as fans time to say we have had enough

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Uh...when 50 mil is a low ball offer ya lost me....

Inflated bs- as fans time to say we have had enough
you wouldnt low ball Mahomes, though...if a real GM.

which GM wants to show Lamb or Parsons the door.

90% of the money has to be spent. you spend it on good players...not average joe's

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
Winning nothing, lol?

Most valuable sports franchise in the World. I went to the State Fair a couple of years ago on a Monday when there was a Monday Night Football Cowboys game....literally 1 out of every 3 people had a Cowboys shirt on, hat on, or jersey on. Im not exaggerating at all.

By the way...I took the DART rail to the Auto Show and got to, no lie, ride in a RAM TRX as it was floored and jumped a dirt ramp...for free, inside the State Fair. All four wheels...well off the ground. I sat in the passenger seat while the RAM rep was living his best life.
No one cares, it's all about winning. The Chiefs aren't even in the top half of the league when it comes to most valuable teams but are the envy of the league right now. Why? Because they are back to back Super Bowl winners

Jerry has shown he is completely incapable of winning in the modern NFL doing it his way

The Triplets aren't so revered because they played for a team with lots of fans. It's because they were winners

LMAO imagine taking so much pride topping the Forbes most valuable list. I am sure Green Bay who are worth nearly half of us were feeling flat when they left AT&T Stadium last January because of that fact

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No one cares, it's all about winning. The Chiefs aren't even in the top half of the league when it comes to most valuable teams but are the envy of the league right now. Why? Because they are back to back Super Bowl winners

Jerry has shown he is completely incapable of winning in the modern NFL doing it his way

The Triplets aren't so revered because they played for a team with lots of fans. It's because they were winners

LMAO imagine taking so much pride topping the Forbes most valuable list. I am sure Green Bay who are worth nearly half of us were feeling flat when they left AT&T Stadium last January because of that fact
Eh, his recent teams have been stacked with decent talent.

Maybe he should change HC/OC coaches on a more frequent basis until he finds an actual good Playoff schemer...

His faults arent so bad that league owners are colluding to kick him out of the frat because of fan uprisings.

I hate the duality argument...but if money is all anyone talks about anymore...Jones is balancing making money with having a relevant team pretty well.

The players want money...not a trophy. Using the excuse of 'winning' doesnt resonate as much, or pull as much weight. Sure...these guys will wine if they are stuck on a very bad team...but Dallas isnt that.

Everyone is trying to win unless you think winning is changing the HC/OC every two years or going through QB's until you find Mahomes/Brady.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Dak was a 4 time super bowl champion like Mahomes I would pay him what he reportedly is demanding - a market setting, highest in NFL history contract. But the guy can't beat really good teams and disappears in the playoffs every damn year.

For him to demand a contract like that makes him what? GREEDY. It doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's just how it is.
Considering other QBs with significantly less stats and playoff success than Dak are making mid $50s a year, then I guess every single player in the NFL is greedy outside of Mahommes because I dont see anybody winning rings but him.

How dare Tua and his 0 playoff wins demand (and receive) $53 million a year, that greedy SOB :angry:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
..my understanding is that Dak was already offered a lucrative contract. It's not top heap of NFL, nonetheless a nice substantial sum.

Disregarding it, only shows him or agent want Helio money. For someone who hasn't commanded much in post season.

Only forces one to see light of day.
Trevor Lawrence......1 playoff win
Justin Herbert..........0 playoff wins
Tua..........................0 playoff wins
Jordon Love............1 playoff win

All of these guys make "top of the market" QB money in the mid $50s and have little to no post season success.

Claiming Dak must have playoff success to receive "top of the market" pay is just a fundamental misunderstanding of how the market works in the NFL.

Dont take my word for it, take Tua's when the media asked him why he should get a top of the market contract.................."the market is what the market is".........signed, Tua.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence......1 playoff win
Justin Herbert..........0 playoff wins
Tua..........................0 playoff wins
Jordon Love............1 playoff win

All of these guys make "top of the market" QB money in the mid $50s and have little to no post season success.

Claiming Dak must have playoff success to receive "top of the market" pay is just a fundamental misunderstanding of how the market works in the NFL.

Dont take my word for it, take Tua's when the media asked him why he should get a top of the market contract.................."the market is what the market is".........signed, Tua
You left out that Dak has sustained his numbers. Even playoff losing numbers for those that are going to attack that.

But Anti's are claiming that is his flaw...he's never produced in a 4 facet game of offense, defense, special teams and coaching. Its all on Dak.

Doesnt make sense unless you are pushing for low wages.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When are people going to wrap their heads around this is NOT how sports contracts work, at all. Your contract is not purely based on playoff success. It is based on market value. Jordan Love has had one playoff win and GB broke the bank for him. Explain that. Stafford got huge deals before he came even close to winning. Same as Megatron. Justin Jefferson has never sniffed a playoff win and got a huge deal. Parsons is going to be expecting a huge deal and is a dud at the end of every season and the playoffs.

Doesn't mean they are greedy. Them and their agent are only maximizing their earning potential. If even one single team is willing to pay, then that is their worth.
:hammer:

A lot of posters on this site apparently do not understand the number one rule of asset management..............."The value of an asset is soley determined by what somebody is willing to pay for said asset"

Dak's market value is soley determined by what even one single team is willing to pay him on the open market, that is simply a fact. People may not like that, but facts dont have feelings.