This Sums it Up for Me

kskboys

Reaction score
Crazy that there are still fans that think those three “12-5” seasons mean anything. Jerry loves you and appreciates your support

The sad reality is that this team can’t win critical games and is outclassed by the best teams in the NFL by a wide margin, and we have a FO that believes (like you apparently) that we are “hanging around the rim.”
For real.

We lose every year for the same reasons and don't fix them. Fixing those reasons is what could make us a super bowl contender.

And it's sadly funny when the Rahrah fans makes themselves feel better w/ silly statements such as "We were super bowl contenders."

blueblood70

Reaction score
Crazy that there are still fans that think those three “12-5” seasons mean anything. Jerry loves you and appreciates your support

The sad reality is that this team can’t win critical games and is outclassed by the best teams in the NFL by a wide margin, and we have a FO that believes (like you apparently) that we are “hanging around the rim.”
no that's not what I'm saying but it sure is better than 3-5 and 12 seasons and some of you failed to see that because you had to had to experience it in quite a while... so you can keep saying I'm supporting and loving Jerry, no.. I'm just saying you guys walking over to the edge of a Cliff all the time maybe you need to take a break... maybe you need to move on, you have no choice in the matter this is how it is, you can move on or you keep whining complaining and throwing fits and temper tantrums like a 5-year-old...

So yeah I'll trade 3 5 and 12 seasons for 3-12 and five seasons and three playoff appearances ,& two division titles.. any day of the week you got that??​
it's called perspective,

it could be far worse, they're only two or three teams better than the Dallas Cowboys on a regular basis ,we're a top six team the last three years that's my point... I mean everybody drools over the Philadelphia Eagles we beat them twice for the division the last three years.. so kudos to them for making you feel like that's the way to do things in the off seasons to win the complete the paper off seasons..

you're complaining nothing good has happened since the Green Bay loss even though free agency literally just started for everyone on March 14... So not a lot has happened since March 14th, let's keep that in perspective... you act like it's been a really long time and nothing can happen until after March 14th the actual league year and we have five months to go before season one and we don't know what the conclusion is to that because if you already know it then why are you still here???

So no Jerry Jones doesn't know my support nor does he know your disdain, he doesn't come here, I guarantee he doesn't watch social media he's not on Facebook worried about what you think or what the fan base thinks he's running a $10 billion team that yes has been successful just not as successful as you would hope....

We aren't one of the bottom feeding teams in this league and when you see that there could be a far worse scenario here, maybe you'll be a little bit less grumpy....

ok grumpy bear, you need your binkies?? :facepalm: :muttley: :lmao: :popcorn: :oldcouple:

Flamma

Reaction score
I cannot think of ONE positive thing that has happened for this team since the January playoff loss.

Not one.

Are we a better or worse team 3 months later? Exactly.
But this is what they do every year. You're only noticing it now because we lost several players. But their SOP is the exact same every year. No FA. Sign players on your team. Draft. Pick up trash to fill holes. Every year since 2013. The only difference this year is they might not sign their own players.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Jerry and Co. love you. Fans like you are one of the many problems with this franchise.
Why? I don't buy any merchandise or attend games. I watch games through a bootleg IPTV service. I'm pretty sure I'm the type of fan they hate. You seem to care more about the people running the team than the actual team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But this is what they do every year. You're only noticing it now because we lost several players. But their SOP is the exact same every year. No FA. Sign players on your team. Draft. Pick up trash to fill holes. Every year since 2013. The only difference this year is they might not sign their own players.
Some we trade for players you know like amari Cooper Gilmore hankins and cooks you called them trash?? Lot of free agents that they pick up are not trash they just don't fit the narrative or the self entitled expectations from the fan base and yet it has won us plenty of games of late so you all can completely be jaded but you worry way too much about who's the front office is we're following a team that wears the star there is no control that fans have except for to watch don't watch put the constantly bash your own team and talk negatively and act like this is the worst thing ever to have won 36 games two division titles been to the playoffs three straight years is somehow horrible and somehow you need to be in the shoes of some real teams with real problems...

I get the frustration and not going further in the playoffs but there could be a lot worse scenarios here y'all speak of our team like we win five games every year and we're a bottom feeder that does nothing that would be wrong we do enough to win a lot I mean we beat the team that does so much in the NFL twice for the division the last 3 years.. So stop with the nonsense that everything they do and people they pick up are trash it is not the truth.. And while you say we do nothing we did pick up that linebacker that's not nothing we don't know how we'll fit here but it's definitely not nothing and after the draft they will do the things they always do and I ask you just like I asked Mr. temper tantrum Mr. Hawkeye seems to be all up in his feelings about the front office why are you here if you know this is the same thing that's being done since what did you mention up there ohh 2013??

Why bother discussing this unless you're just trying to annoy real fans by hanging around and just complaining the 24/7 complain fest it's like a bunch of toddlers in here not getting their way things are not on their timeline the players with the names they hope for are not here and they think 12 win seasons and going to the playoffs are bad that perspective is completely twisted....

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think they honestly believe that what they are doing will “work”. I think they really do believe they are “all in” and that they are the smartest guys in the room.

The whole “we are hanging around the rim” perspective has frozen us into a place of inaction. We think we have a core group of players that can deliver— but we are refusing to commit long money to them bc they continue to crap the bed in Jan.

I think they believe their inaction this offseason is the best course of direction for the franchise— and it is PRECISELY THAT conviction that reveals just how delusional this FO is.
We will be lucky to make it to the free throw line next year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
easy stop following, move on and be mentally healthy,,i hear KC needs more fans..maybe Philly hmmm

posts like this sum this up for me people, Dallas ALLEGED Fans, who are impatient, entitled, they feel like if things aren't done on their timeline that it's just broken and not going to work ,

you do realize that most offseason look like this, I mean they typically wait till after the draft to go after the other free agents left in a very large free agent pool, draft , more cuts and trades to come!!!

five months from today is when we should start really discussing our roster and our concerns with the roster since it's not been built quite yet, I don't believe any team before the draft is ready to play game one...

So if it's frustrating,​
you maybe you should take a break..​
maybe you should delete all your push notifications that are attached on social media with the Dallas Cowboys name, don't come here for a while ,and then wait until it gets closer to the start of the actual season that have all these posts hundreds and hundreds of people upset with an off season that has five months left to build, 2 weeks away from the draft, and you're very upset...​
well it sounds like to me you could use a vacation from the Dallas Cowboys literally just cut yourself off for about I don't know 6-8 weeks come back here around training camp maybe we could actually discuss a roster that might be shaping up to be the starting rotation for the Dallas Cowboys for September!!​

So the more of these I see the more I'm going to respond of how ridiculous it is to call this a brutal offseason when it has yet to actually take shape. 3 three straight seasons of disappointing offseasons for this fan base has turned into 36 wins two division titles three straight playoff appearances and we've been in the playoff five out of the last eight years when we had our quarterback healthy we've been competitive and yet everybody every offseason earlier and earlier are more and more unhappy and judge the same offseason the same way and yet somehow it's worked out at least for the regular season.....

I'm not sure how you guys aren't used to this literally it's the same almost every year they will put a team on the field before game one but right now it's way way too soon to be worrying about this crap!! :facepalm: :oldcouple:
Fan forums are a big part of the fun of being an NFL fan. CowboysZone.com is fun for Cowboys fans. It is entertaining to read posts and fun to post thoughts and opinions. By the length of your posts you seem to be having more fun than anyone else.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Fan forums are a big part of the fun of being an NFL fan. CowboysZone.com is fun for Cowboys fans. It is entertaining to read posts and fun to post thoughts and opinions. By the length of your posts you seem to be having more fun than anyone else.
someone else says thoughts, they act like i'm the only one who says it!!! Kudos to you

glimmerman

Reaction score
I had not thought of it this way but it makes sense. In other words, take one step backward to gain two steps. We may have a losing record for 2024 but in 2025 we can still have our core players, clean books, ton of cap space, and high draft picks. MM will be evaluated not on W/L record but on his ability to keep the team competitive or from quitting.
I had heard someone mention it and made sense to either clear books and could either keep Dak or at that point he is fully paid and we could let him walk and have money and or draft picks to get another starting or franchise QB. I personally think they will keep Dak. Sign him in the second FA period after the draft. Would free money to sign either Parsons or Lamb this season. And go forward with the core.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I had heard someone mention it and made sense to either clear books and could either keep Dak or at that point he is fully paid and we could let him walk and have money and or draft picks to get another starting or franchise QB. I personally think they will keep Dak. Sign him in the second FA period after the draft. Would free money to sign either Parsons or Lamb this season. And go forward with the core.
I agree......but I think they could have an understanding of 2 options to resolve

*** Extend him today but only within the top 5 pay range ( $48-53M ). That offer is on the table but Dak's wants to reset the market as the highest paid $60M.

*** Just as he did with the current deal, he is willing to bet on himself for 2024. IF he has an excellent season AND postseason, he will get his $60+M. If not, ( average/poor season or injury) he can walk OR accept their original offer above.

This way, if he has a magic season they can better sell his extension to fans/media. Right now the pushback is too strong to even think about paying him what he wants.

The bottom line .........he will either earn the big payday this year or have a chance to get top 5 money and continue his career here or test the market.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree......but I think they could have an understanding of 2 options to resolve

*** Extend him today but only within the top 5 pay range ( $48-53M ). That offer is on the table but Dak's wants to reset the market as the highest paid $60M.

*** Just as he did with the current deal, he is willing to bet on himself for 2024. IF he has an excellent season AND postseason, he will get his $60+M. If not, ( average/poor season or injury) he can walk OR accept their original offer above.

This way, if he has a magic season they can better sell his extension to fans/media. Right now the pushback is too strong to even think about paying him what he wants.

The bottom line .........he will either earn the big payday this year or have a chance to get top 5 money and continue his career here or test the market.
I know he didn’t play his best in the playoff loss. But if people look at his stats the 2023 season was the best season of his career from a stat stand point. So if I was him then I would have no problem betting on myself. Part of his stats being so good was because of the lack of a running game. 2021 was the only other season Dak threw the ball almost 600 times. Both years he had 410 completions and 9 and 10 picks. Stats were almost identical.

JJ knows playoffs is a new season of one loss and you’re done. It’s a team game to begin with but playoffs is even more so. It’s not just players playing together your coaching is needed more. The game plan and staff being able to make in game adjustments. HC decisions and time management. And also the work the FO does during the offseason shows up in the playoffs. Player acquisition. Drafting. Hiring and firing of coaches.

Maybe he can not get it done in the playoffs or maybe he can. I believe he can and if he walks he will not be without a starting job for long. A lot of teams will be happy with a QB like this.

JJ makes a soft environment for these players. So many good players we let go go onto get a SB ring on other teams with more structure and less circus atmosphere.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know he didn’t play his best in the playoff loss. But if people look at his stats the 2023 season was the best season of his career from a stat stand point. So if I was him then I would have no problem betting on myself. Part of his stats being so good was because of the lack of a running game. 2021 was the only other season Dak threw the ball almost 600 times. Both years he had 410 completions and 9 and 10 picks. Stats were almost identical.

JJ knows playoffs is a new season of one loss and you’re done. It’s a team game to begin with but playoffs is even more so. It’s not just players playing together your coaching is needed more. The game plan and staff being able to make in game adjustments. HC decisions and time management. And also the work the FO does during the offseason shows up in the playoffs. Player acquisition. Drafting. Hiring and firing of coaches.

Maybe he can not get it done in the playoffs or maybe he can. I believe he can and if he walks he will not be without a starting job for long. A lot of teams will be happy with a QB like this.

JJ makes a soft environment for these players. So many good players we let go go onto get a SB ring on other teams with more structure and less circus atmosphere.
I said in another thread, If you remove the playoff game, he had the best season of his career. His first year under MM as his OC. They got off to a slow start but once they got going he was on fire.

Notice how the narrative about him has changed to not whether or not he can win but win in the playoff. So I don't think any fans will deny you can win with him but now the playoff issue will always be there. If we are being honest, we are closer with him, than with not. The problem is it may cost $60M to find out.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Cowboys did not show up and now the FO is not showing up.
The FO has not shown up for years. The first 4 years Dak made less than 2 million a year. What did they do with the savings. After they paid him his first contract Dak was less than 20 million on the cap per year. What did they do with the savings then. I think they took some talent away from him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The FO has not shown up for years. The first 4 years Dak made less than 2 million a year. What did they do with the savings. After they paid him his first contract Dak was less than 20 million on the cap per year. What did they do with the savings then. I think they took some talent away from him.
It went to the Dead Cap.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think Stephen is taking over and there’s a part of me that is growing everyday. That part of me is hoping Dallas goes 0-17 next year and has a couple seasons of 2-3 wins. We need to be in a place that the team is losing nationally televised games and isn’t relevant anymore for change to occur.

I strongly believe Jerry would never give up power as long as he’s alive but there’s a slim chance Stephen might. But he needs to be thoroughly embarrassed over a couple seasons. So even though is would suck it might be the best thing for the franchise’s future.
What is the ONLY scenario that has worked out for Jerry?

In 1988 they 3 wins and in 89 they had 1 win. Than the blockbuster trade and a new coach in Jimmy.

Fast forward present to 2025....possible trade of Dak, Parsons or Ceedee for picks , new coach in 2025 AND a potential high draft pick or picks in the 2025 draft.

Any parallels here?